• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

DeadNames

Banned
Note my italics. I don't think Halo 4 is ONLY a game of stolen mechanics. It's part new Halo, part utilization of popular mechanics. Basically the game isn't 100% COD, it's 75% new Halo ideas, 25% borrowed mechanics and systems.

(Percentages are just for example)

I really like the concept of classes if it's only primary, secondary, and grenade. Without perks or AAs and this game could be great. I wish they'd make a barebones playlist that is like classic Halo, but still keeps loadouts (without perks or AAs). So H4 has the potential to be my favorite Halo.

COD COD COD COD COD COD

Come on now.

Tunavi

Banned
Come on now.
That was satirical
*pats on back*

Wrestling_yes.gif

Arnie

Back when we were playing Halo 3 we did discuss classes here and how they might fit into the Halo sandbox, taking into consideration the aspects of Halo that need preserving. I believe we focused on the roles that players might slip into during a match, for example, someone who's more likely to play the objective, or somebody who likes to sit further back and patrol the long sight lines. I see a huge gulf between those discussions and what we've actually got implemented some four years later, with little actual design influence, and more of a fiesta, do what you want, play how you like type flavour.

Karl2177

Just created my Halo 2 - Reach embelm that isnt in h4, in BO2.

Don't worry. In Halo 4, I had to unlock the emblem that I designed and sent to Bungie. It wasn't even available for me at the start.

Also, I did a bit of experimenting on Waypoint last night. Most of the people on my friend's list who are (for lack of a better term) defending Halo 4 have a K/D lower than 1.4. I really hate to bring the K/D thing into it, but there is a trend. Whether it correlates or not is something else.

Anyone think that cortana keeps getting younger and younger looking with each new halo? In halo 5, she'll be under age.

Also, if anyone sees me online playing solo, please have sympathy on me and send an invite :D Thanks.

Karl2177

Can you not use the Specialization perks in custom game loadouts?

Can someone who has a Specialization already tell me if their Specialization perk shows up in the custom game options? Thanks.

Ramirez

Guess I'm one of the few who is still really liking the game, sucks, I was hoping this one could bring all of the regulars back. Oh well.

I still don't know how I feel about Halo 4. :/

A lot of it is freaking awesome (Movement and Shooting/Gunplay) but all of the stupid *insert that game franchise here* chasing stuff they added is really detracting from the experience. A playlist excluding all of that isn't what I want either; I want a Halo game that I can actually enjoy vanilla.

Campaign was good though.

Oh, and I really hate seeing IM_SO_PRINGLEZZ all the time. I put lower case letters in my gametag for a reason for god's sake. :/

Don't worry. In Halo 4, I had to unlock the emblem that I designed and sent to Bungie. It wasn't even available for me at the start.

Also, I did a bit of experimenting on Waypoint last night. Most of the people on my friend's list who are (for lack of a better term) defending Halo 4 have a K/D lower than 1.4. I really hate to bring the K/D thing into it, but there is a trend. Whether it correlates or not is something else.
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on K/D ratios. You've got people who never have to play solo, because they always have buddies on that to group up. Then you've got people who only play objective and BTB which can be more of a stat padding opportunity. Others, like myself, play solo almost 99% of the time in Slayer Pro. And while i'm not omg pro level, i'm good enough that i frequently get matched against better or above average players. The result of that and being alone with randoms equals dongfest not in my favor.

EDIT:
Guess I'm one of the few who is still really liking the game, sucks, I was hoping this one could bring all of the regulars back. Oh well.
Looking for people to group with?
xxdeputymoonman

Ramirez

Lol, what the hell does k/d have to do with anything?

Is another stupid thought, how many people who hate the game are just getting shit on? This isn't Reach, trueskill is actually working for now.

Woorloog

Banned

I like the game a lot but i still have the problem that when playing alone, i get so shitty people to play with i don't want to play for a week after that.
This is a fundamental problem in Halos (but not in other games) for me, i cannot enjoy them alone, only with friends in splitscreen or with GAF party.

CyReN

I love the game, I'm just disappointed how good the game can be with minor tweaks that arent happening (or we haven't heard yet).

I think a bit of bitterness today is towards Spartan Ops too, I played ep. 2 yesterday and quit out mid mission. Just wasn't enjoyable for me, maybe I have to play with friends to fully enjoy the mode. Stellar cutscenes though, but it seems the mode is hollow.

Care to name names?

Havok

I don't think I've ever looked up my Halo 2 k/d ratio. I wonder if that info is still around somewhere.
Yeah, you can find it on bnet by clicking the Halo 3 logo, then hitting the Halo 2 tab, then looking at the top of the information window, just under the clan name. You'll have to do the math yourself, though.

Lol, what the hell does k/d have to do with anything?

Is another stupid thought, how many people who hate the game are just getting shit on? This isn't Reach, trueskill is actually working for now.

People who like it are casuals who would have liked any Halo 4 game they played.

It also helps that everynight you have full party of TJ's. Have you played alone yet? The experience is awfulsauce.

Think if you really like it or if its just the newest shiny game to play? Would you play this game if it was the same game but looked like a CoD game...?

Ramirez

People who like it are casuals who would have liked any Halo 4 game they played.

It also helps that everynight you have full party of TJ's. Have you played alone yet? The experience is awfulsauce.

Think if you really like it or if its just the newest shiny game to play? Would you play this game if it was the same game but looked like a CoD game...?

I'm a casual? Tashi, omlet, therms, nutter?

Playing alone is awful in any MP game, it isn't exclusive to Halo. I like COD, so yes to your last question.

ZalinKrow

Wouldn't it make more sense for people with good K/D's to defend the game? If anything people with bad ones are having the rougher time. Not that it matters anyway, since K/D has nothing to do with it. Random to bring it up in that context.

def sim

Yeah, you can find it on bnet by clicking the Halo 3 logo, then hitting the Halo 2 tab, then looking at the top of the information window, just under the clan name. You'll have to do the math yourself, though.

I'm impressed how so much is still there. Even my Fileshare that I'm a pro member of for whatever reason. I don't recall paying for that. Cool stuff.

In all seriousness, k/d ratio is a testament to both your team and yourself. It really shouldn't be used as a legitimate opinion measuring stick.

The whole bnet stat tracking system was way ahead of it's time. Hell, it's still way ahead of most modern games.

I'm a casual? Tashi, omlet, therms, nutter?

Playing alone is awful in any MP game, it isn't exclusive to Halo. I like COD, so yes to your last question.

...yea obviously not, but a lot of people defending stuff in halo 4 are. playing alone is multiplied in halo.

cmon you know this.

Azar

Are people getting temp banned for the Complex wall glitch? I just played against a team of four guys who all had matching green Mark VI armor and 117 emblems and they beelined for that in a game of Oddball. We reported them, but man. Such a lame move.

Since I probably have the worst KD here does that mean what I say is really the opposite of what's true?

They'll keep doing the whole Dew and Doritos Double EXP thing.

There will definitely not be a patch that adds a Gauss Mantis.

Forging in Halo 4 definitely does not sound like you're using a space lawnmower to cut the grass as you're in the middle of a raging digital hailstorm compared to the gentle synthetic tones of forging in Halo Reach.

Havok

Are people getting temp banned for the Complex wall glitch? I just played against a team of four guys who all had matching green Mark VI armor and 117 emblems and they beelined for that in a game of Oddball. We reported them, but man. Such a lame move.
I seriously doubt it. Glitches have never really been punished in past Halo games, apart from the more heinous stuff like network manipulation.

feel

Just realized that not only the motion tracker range is ridiculously big, but there's actually a perk to make it bigger. lololol

Gray Man

Banned
Just realized that not only the motion tracker range is ridiculously big, but there's actually a perk to make it bigger. lololol

The motion tracker is actually so large, I'm thinking people are much closer when I turn a corner to face them, because I'm SO used to how the other Radars work.

Azar

I seriously doubt it. Glitches have never really been punished in past Halo games, apart from the more heinous stuff like network manipulation.
I thought Bungie came down hard on that stuff, but I'm probably misrembering. Ah well.

Havok

I thought Bungie came down hard on that stuff, but I'm probably misrembering. Ah well.
Yeah, they always took the line that button glitches and stuff like hiding under the ramp on pre-Pit Stop variants of The Pit were cheating, but I don't think they ever took action against those who abused them.

Karl, I think that's unfair.

Top Bottom