• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Uh hmmm

32eP6.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm a scrub and have a jolkingly low K/D but still dislike most of the game, what now?

Am I the counterpart of Tashi?

We are different sides of the same coin. The Ying and Yang. Alpha...an Omega.

You are my soul mate. Always...and never

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Don't worry. In Halo 4, I had to unlock the emblem that I designed and sent to Bungie. It wasn't even available for me at the start.

Also, I did a bit of experimenting on Waypoint last night. Most of the people on my friend's list who are (for lack of a better term) defending Halo 4 have a K/D lower than 1.4. I really hate to bring the K/D thing into it, but there is a trend. Whether it correlates or not is something else.
Hate to repeat myself, but in regards to Halo 4: a number of aspects feel half-baked, makes me think there was trouble deciding their vision. Game really does seem like a beta at times. Still, I'm kinda liking it.

K/D: 1.94 and steadily back on the rise.

DeadNames

Banned
Guys, let's just say 343 revamped the playlists to get rid of global ordnance in favor of set weapon spawns, got rid of instant respawn, but kept loadouts and personal ordnance.

Would this game be good?

harmonize

This is the second time that chapter 4 has glitched on me, making it to where the game goes to black screen, but keeps going otherwise after I get the "chapter complete".

I hesitated wording it this way before, but what the hell. This game is shit.

Guys, let's just say 343 revamped the playlists to get rid of global ordnance in favor of set weapon spawns, got rid of instant respawn, but kept loadouts and personal ordnance.

Would this game be good?
Not for most people, no.

Most of the changes HaloGAF wants should go into special pro playlists. Haven't played any Slayer Pro - is it pretty good?

IHaveIce

Banned
We are different sides of the same coin. The Ying and Yang. Alpha...an Omega.

You are my soul mate. Always...and never
You are a true poet.

Maybe we should become one.. Can you possibly do the fusion dance from Dragonball Z?

Would this game be good?
It would be better for sure.

Also is the Mantis new on Meltdown? Saw it today but I'm sure it wasn't there last week

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hyperbole, hyperbole every where.

You have people clipping into buildings, objectives falling through the map, terrible handling of parties. Boltshot glitch, super grenade glitch. People are having problems with saves/stat wipes. Then there are issues with mislabelled ordnance, killcams and fileshares literally not working, teammates showing up as enemies in Flood, first person views of guns screwing up or not appearing at all...

I didn't play much of Halo 2 on Live, I'll admit, but this game is incredibly buggy.

Redford

aka Cabbie

Would this game be good?

Nope, still need to fix the scoreboard to show up more frequently and legibly, and get rid of killcams forever.

Woorloog

Banned

Would this game be good?

Well i'm not really a fan of global ordnance (where's the delicious map control?) nor instant respawns (no point). So i'd like those changes.
Loadouts are something i've wanted since Halo 2 really; and personal ordnance is fun, but needs tweaking (first set shouldn't offer super weapons like binary rifle or incineration cannon, those should be available, say, third time you get stuff).

Only if personal ordnance was 3 options and everyone always got the same 3 options.

Otherwise its randomness.

Its mario kart Halo where if youre down you get the binary rifle but if youre up you get the bana...err promethean grenades.

Tawpgun

Unless I see a cooler chest plate, the only thing thats changing is possibly shoulders, legs and forearms.

fullbody

How do you compare game stats. I still can't navigate shit in waypoint

IHaveIce

Banned
Only if personal ordnance was 3 options and everyone always got the same 3 options.

Otherwise its randomness.

Its mario kart Halo where if youre down you get the binary rifle but if youre up you get the bana...err promethean grenades.

I can agree with this.

I also want OS and Camo back as powerups :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The last three times I've played this game, I've rage quit. Mannnnnn this sucks. Sorry Bregmann.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Just remove sniper/rocket/ type weapons and overshield from Personal Ordnance and it would be perfect.

I am still so disappointed that melee weapons are unaffected by stopping power, that's exactly what stopping power should exist for.

Enfinit

Hate to repeat myself, but in regards to Halo 4: a number of aspects feel half-baked, makes me think there was trouble deciding their vision. Game really does seem like a beta at times. Still, I'm kinda liking it.

K/D: 1.94 and steadily back on the rise.

Same here. I've been enjoying Halo 4 thus far, but I have yet to come to a solid conclusion of where it stands within the rest of the series. Something just feels...off about it. Ah well, it's fun nonetheless. There's a few factors that need to be tweaked/fixed, and if they do in a timely matter, we'll have a legitimately great game.

K/D: 2.01, currently SR-45

EDIT: Just went 42-10 in Infinity Big Team on Ragnarok. That shouldn't happen, the DMR is waaaaaaay too strong on that map.

Computron

Evasion, unfaltered by enemy fire unlike Sprint.

I hate the slow down. I don't think it adds anything to the game, but then again, I would prefer not to need sprint in the first place.

I guess it might be useful if you are hugging your cover and really playing risky in 1v1 fights.

feel

Welp, Slayer Pro it is. Infinity is just as miserable as Reach when a coordinated team that knows how to exploit everything gets the lead and starts camping loaded with ordnance weapons.

Top Bottom