• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Karl2177

Also, can you no longer lay down Overshields or Camo as powerups on the map?

Lol, what the hell does k/d have to do with anything?

Kittens isn't going to be playing much more and he has a K/D of 1.6 last I checked. Overdoziz returned the game and his K/D was like 2.3. I haven't been enjoying it and mine is 2.2. Everyone that I've seen post on GAF attempting to defend against their criticisms have less than 1.4.

Kittens isn't going to be playing much more and he has a K/D of 1.6 last I checked. Overdoziz returned the game and his K/D was like 2.3. I haven't been enjoying it and mine is 2.2. Everyone that I've seen post on GAF attempting to defend against their criticisms have less than 1.4.

Name names. What's Tashi's?

AX3Rr.png

FUCK

-PXG-

After two years of not playing Halo, I'm finally back in the grove. Game is fun, but ordinances can be annoying. Instant spawn needs to go, pronto. Map design is overly complicated and cluttered. Someone wasn't drunk when the made Haven. Map is divine. Everything else is meh, or shit.

Am I the only one who thinks Adrift is a great map? I love it. It's on par with Haven for me.

Solace is my favorite for some reason, it might have to do with the frequent Sword, Incineration Cannon, and Sticky Detonator spawns. Plus it's a Hologram user's dream layout-wise. I have no idea how controversial that is though.

Dunno. Not on my list, so I can't compare. When I checked, you were right around 1.4, Cyclone was at 1.2, heckfu was at 1.0.

Wow. You're getting really defensive about this.

I'm calling you out. K/D means jack shit. You know Tashi's been defending this game. Surely his k/d will have to be less than 1.4, right? Why else would you bring it up?

Risen

I'm a casual? Tashi, omlet, therms, nutter?

Playing alone is awful in any MP game, it isn't exclusive to Halo. I like COD, so yes to your last question.

There is almost no way I play the game alone though... particularly with JIP in place.

Guess I'm a casual too because I like the game... significantly more than Reach, and it's more enjoyable for me than H3, even with it's glaring flaws and lack of polish in areas.

Edit: Talk of K/D is laughable.

What's the hate with playing it alone? I play most games alone or with one other person. Ranked halo 3 was pretty fun, social was meh. reach sucks. social halo 4 beats both reach and 3. If 4 had ranks, I think it would be more addicting then 3.

orznge

Banned
I thought Bungie came down hard on that stuff, but I'm probably misrembering. Ah well.

iirc wasn't there some blog entry or forum post by a bungie member way back that said that they considered BXR cheating and that you should report people for doing it lol

DeadNames

Banned
Solace is my favorite for some reason, it might have to do with the frequent Sword, Incineration Cannon, and Sticky Detonator spawns. Plus it's a Hologram user's dream layout-wise. I have no idea how controversial that is though.

Solace is okay. If they removed some crates/geometry it could be Narrows 2.0 IMO.

willow ve

My least favorite has got to be Complex. Only map I really don't like.

And Exile is a great map.

Exile is great. Until a competent Red Team just spawn traps Blue Team. Then it's frustrating shit until the end. Blue team needs the same basic geometry as the Red "base" - 2 stories, with cover, ramps, windows, lines of sight, etc.

Trying to steal a Wraith tank on Legendary is the most frustrating thing in the world.

Quit backing up Wraiths and let me board you!

Wraith AI in the campaign (on Legendary at least) killed me so many times. Probably more than any other enemy. Frequently I would be sprinting toward the back of the Wraith and in a split second they would pivot 180 and fire a shot for an insta-kill. No chance to dodge or react at all.

Karl2177

Joke lists? I prefer the ones where EazyB names everyone.

Nope. Friend list. I honestly have no idea what Tashi's K/D is because I can't access his War Games stats. If I had to take a guess he's on the opposite end of my claim. Besides, did anyone not notice the last line of my first post on the subject? "It shows a trend, but whether it correlates is something else." Correlation does not imply causation, peeps. Go to stats class.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Lol. Look at how good I am! It means I hate Halo!

Trying to steal a Wraith tank on Legendary is the most frustrating thing in the world.

Quit backing up Wraiths and let me board you!

Easy way to do it is to hop onto it with the gunner alive, but weak. Stand on top, headshot gunner. Then get in the turret (instead of boarding it) and the AI driver automatically hops out and doesn't get back in.

orznge

Banned
okay i remembered correctly lol, shishka on bxr:

Posted by: Shishka
Cheating or not, it is the exploitation of a bug in the game (yes, kids, bug and glitch are synonymous), and nothing more. It's no better than superbouncing, and users have every right to give you negative feedback for cheating if you use it in matchmaking as they do if you superbounce.

I checked my algorithms and it seems Karl is right. The 1.4 ratio between kills and deaths seems to hold up with opinions about Halo 4. There is a strong correlation between people who like the game and their K/Ds being below that threshold.

kylej

Banned
i could sketch out 30 map layouts better than the turds in this game in less than a week

wtf was the design process behind these things.

So I went on halopedia to look at all the maps to decide which ones I do/don't like, and I see that there are three forge maps that are on disc that aren't even in playlists? da fuq

There are like four maps in rotation in slayer/swat/infinity slayer. Why not add the forge ones?

And any ETA on when community-made-forge maps are going to be implemented?

EDIT: My favorites are Longbow, Haven, and Exile/Complex, probably. Really like Longbow, but I've only been able to play it a handful of times.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I checked my algorithms and it seems Karl is right. The 1.4 ratio between kills and deaths seems to hold up with opinions about Halo 4. There is a strong correlation between people who like the game and their K/Ds being below that threshold.

I don't think this has much to do with anything. I've liked all the Halo games. Wouldn't you be more apt to hate the game if you had a lower k/d?

Also I find it hilarious that K/D is being used to tell the "true" Halo fans.

i could sketch out 30 map layouts better than the turds in this game in less than a week

wtf was the design process behind these things.

Right. I'm sure everyone will LOVE JelyK maps. They will be the best ever made. I don't think you're capable of liking a Halo game anymore. No matter how they make it.

Top Bottom