• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Computron

I forget, did anything significant change after the Halo 3 or Reach betas?

3's Carbine and Reach's nades come to mind as design choices that were 'corrected'. Lots of general glitches and polish though, which would be a a good start for Halo 4's MP.

Was there a day one patch I missed in H4?

Tawpgun

I forget, did anything significant change after the Halo 3 or Reach betas?

H3 was glitch fixing, polishing the search times/game but a lot of things were a step back. Nerfed the trip mine and made armor graphics worse.

Reach beta, thank god that happened. DMR has 12 shots and you moved and jumped like a fat kid.

Tawpgun

Quick poll:

How many times have you ever used an ordnance drop to call in grenades?

How many times have you seen anyone else do so?

Once I wanted a sniper rifle and was so excited I got one that I mashed the lower D-pad and because the 360 dpad sucks it gave me grenades instead.

TheOddOne

jqClgXYlZHTuV.png

Death to the BR. DEATH TO THE BR.

Quick poll:

I'll get Pulse - Needler - Overshield a lot, and since Pulse Grenades are my favorite I'll use those if I'm too impatient to find an enemy to needle or it's too inactive to really use an Overshield. I've only done it two or three times though. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else do it. Also: I really really wish grenades had different indicators, both on radar and on ordnance. They always get my hopes up only to reveal it's an egg carton of frags sitting there, not something more substantial.

orznge

Banned
H3 was glitch fixing, polishing the search times/game but a lot of things were a step back. Nerfed the trip mine and made armor graphics worse.

Reach beta, thank god that happened. DMR has 12 shots and you moved and jumped like a fat kid.

yeah I figured as much about H3 since I don't remember anything changing from the beta with regards to gameplay, but I didn't play the Reach beta and I don't remember what people were posting here about it

Computron

It's the yodeling woman on the main menu screen that really bugs the shit outta me.
If there is a TU for this game and I mean this seriously: I hope we get new MM music, because this drowning sound wears on me.

Want to comletely silence all non-gameplay/UI sounds?
Dont like in-game beats and main-menu music?

Read:

A bit of backstory;
My monitor will put it's audio to sleep if no sound is coming over HDMI for about 5 seconds as is the case in party lobbies where no one says anything over the mic for a while.
It takes a few seconds to wake up, so I can't hear my teammate's mics unless they are constantly talking, otherwise the sound fades out very quickly.

I figured a long time ago that I could put a minute long, completely silent MP3 file I made in audacity on my xbox's HDD that I can play in the background (through the dashboard) to prevent this. its the only MP3 on it, so I just tab over to the second blade of the mini-in-game-dashboard and hit play.

it works swimmingly.

-----
Incidentally, this prevents all music from playing, which is a plus in some cases.
It can help you hear mic chatter in the menus if you use headphones/speakers for chat audio or recording for Youtube or for streaming on twitch.
It could also help if you don't wanna be distracted from hearing enemy's footsteps by the in-game beats.

I can upload the file if you guys want.
----

The main menu and UI choices in Halo 4 are bad. I much prefer the old UI with the roster and Halo 3's ambient menu sound.

Does anyone know when and how the winners of the Remix contest will be announced? The last day of judging was today, and I can't find any info on when and how the winners will be announced.

Blueblur1

CTF on Adrift is totally broken. The enemy team can camp your base forcing your team to spawn elsewhere as they continue grabbing your flag. Ridiculous.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Damn, I haven;t encountered any of these game breaking glitches or ordinance fuckery. Maybe it's because I'm still in the teens level wise, but shit is still wild and fun for me.

Computron

Damn, I haven;t encountered any of these game breaking glitches or ordinance fuckery. Maybe it's because I'm still in the teens level wise, but shit is still wild and fun for me.

The game is fun nonetheless, the guns feel awesome and there is a great emphasis on the gunplay.

From the 9 hours I have played so far, it is seemingly still a little beta and lacks some very basic things that make Halo, Halo. At least for me, as a BTB fan.

Havok

So, they removed the Banshee from CTF Ragnarok, but didn't do the same for the KOTH variant where it was just as much of an issue with the exact same player count?

Wha...? Why?

Abandon CTF continues to be an unending stream of hot garbage. Why that's in there is beyond me. Complex is a little better, but still baffling. I don't see how those make it but Haven or an Exile variant don't, at least they make an attempt at symmetry.

(for the discussion earlier, 2.12 and I have fun, with mostly-small-but-some-huge problems dissolving a disproportionately large chunk of that fun as they pop up)

Omni

Eh. Every game I enter now is getting harder... and the fact that lag seems to be increasing doesn't make for an enjoyable experience.

.shin

Banned
I just played a match of Slayer on Haven that had a total of nine black screens. Two of which came within 10 seconds of each other.

Man sometimes matchmaking is flat out Halo 4-ible.

Enfinit

Quick poll:

I've never used it. I usually spawn with plasma's, so pulse and frags aren't really that tempting over any of the other options. The part that urks me the most is when I receive a personal ordnance with the type of grenade that I'm already carrying on my Spartan. I have yet to discover why something that's available in nearly everyone's loadout is an option in an ordnance drop.

Homeboyd

CTF Shine on Adrift, I really love how it plays.
I'm really enjoying SWAT on Adrift as well. Making that outer loop and just destroying kids. SWAT on Haven is fun too. Not so much on Complex.

@ Duncan... never/never. Unless by accident but I don't believe I have.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
if only there was a wired version

also Tashi how's that MLG controller holding up?

Pretty good. A few months ago my right bumper went limp. Still works 100% of the time but the spring is busted. And a larger problem I've had is that once in a blue moon the right still will like cut out and I won't be able to turn for like a split second. But it will happen like 5 times within a minute and then not come back for a long time. It's really weird and annoying. Aside from that, it's been great.

Tunavi

Banned
just played a game of regicide. was second place at the end and I killed a random player (not king) to take the lead and win simultaneously, surprised the hell out of me.

Yeah, we had the enemy flag at our base on the 35 second timer and having just died, I spawned more or less at their base. We ended up failing to score the flag somehow, but since I was at their base, I just waited and grabbed it again. Downside of course was that also gave them an opening to score on us again. I don't think having us spawn at our base when they're there makes a lot of sense, but spawning all the way at their base isn't right either.

Cow

Halo 4 multiplayer needs a complete rework or a classic playlist section away from everything that is new. I hate it, no guns on map, join in progress, ordinance, load outs, armour abilities, no power ups on maps, bad maps. I was hoping Halo 4 would be a return to the days of Halo 1 through to 3 where everyone started each game perfectly balanced, all BR's all assault rifles. The beautiful simplicity of what was Halo has gone.

heckfu

Banned
I remember you giving me shit from having a massive hard on for Halo 2. Finally seen the light?
That must've been a different argument we've had. I've always had Halo 2 at the top of my list of what proper multiplayer should be.

Best maps and flow of any Halo to date.

feel

Game is getting boring, for me it needs a proper classic gameplay playlist, it would be easy for them to implement it too considering the base gameplay is great already and would only need sprint turned off. No instaspawn, no AAs, no Sprint, 110 speed, no ordnance or any drops, powerweapons on fixed and predictable spawns, powerups too, choice of multiple loadouts so people can spawn with BR+AR/DMR+AR/DMR+Pistol/etc, short range radar without elevation info, visible 1-50.

And bad maps? What? Every map in 4 is better than the best map in Reach.
Countdown and Zealot are quite better than a few Halo 4 maps IMO.

Top Bottom