• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Yeah, I had NO idea what the fuck was going out after halfway through. So many different names and flowery prose and ancient evils and blah blah blah. Only thing you can really do is keep shooting aliens.

It's been a couple of days since the release and I still feel like I don't have to use an AA. Haven't unlocked any of them. I'm liking this.

Just noticed the achievement for beating Episode 1 on Legendary hasn't unlocked for me, yet. Weird.

In any case, beat it on Legendary. I think I might stick to Heroic after all. I've learned how to deal with these Prometheans.

It's been a couple of days since the release and I still feel like I don't have to use an AA. Haven't unlocked any of them. I'm liking this.

That's really silly of you. You're putting yourself at a pretty significant disadvantage for no reason really.

annnd as I was writing this post, this happened..

oh my god join in progress is a lot of shit. I just joined a game of KOTH that was 147 to 4. Here is the thing, the game ends at 150, and I was on the team with 4 points.

Fuck that, this game honestly feels unplayable unless you have a full party to go into MM with.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Regicide is lost on me.

King time - 4+ minutes
26 kills

lose by 5 points

over and over and over and over

willow ve

That's really silly of you. You're putting yourself at a pretty significant disadvantage for no reason really.

oh my god join in progress is a lot of shit. I just joined a game of KOTH that was 147 to 4. Here is the thing, the game ends at 150, and I was on the team with 4 points.

Fuck that, this game honestly feels unplayable unless you have a full party to go into MM with.

You're doing it wrong. It's 2012 and in Halo 4 : Call of Duty Edition you're not supposed to care about winning or losing. Just join, spawn, sprint, ordnance, kill, die, spawn, sprint, bored, drop out, join in progress, spawn, sprint.

Booties

Banned

You're that pub. Just finish that game and play the next.

Is there a ffa playlist?

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I considered the biggest plot event in the game Campaign spoiler
to be when Cortana died or whatever.
Didn't read about that in any of the books.

That's 1 event though, and that is honestly a disappointment in my opinion. 343 would have avoided this whole debacle of people being confused because they have not read the Forerunner saga and the Kilo-Five books had they created a more self contained story in Halo 4. Also, when I say self contained in Halo 4, I mean in the game, not terminals or extraneous stuff. A tightly woven narrative that doesn't leave people who only play the games feeling lost. That is Halo 4's biggest failure. As a fan of the outside fiction, I feel that the mystery of Halo 4 was killed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think so. I killed someone with it from quite far away one time and did not have to lead my shots.

edit: maybe they just travel really fast. It felt more consistent than the Light Rifle, which just feels wrong to me.
Yeah... I don't get why I have to lead more with a light rifle than I do with a DMR.

Havok

Oh shit, the teams are 5v4 better start the game.

Thanks so much MM
I'm pretty sure like 75% of my games have been like this. And half of those times, Join in Progress has shit itself and not given us a teammate.

It's like the game is trying to do everything it can to stop me from enjoying its incredibly good gameplay.

So long as the core gameplay is good, I don't care about all the fluff that clings to it. This is the main difference between Halo 4 and Reach.

JHall

To the people asking. The LightRifle is a projectile weapon. Meaning it's not hitscan and you have to lead your shots.

I've been using it off and on with the DMR and if used right, it can beat any other utility weapon at all ranges.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
To the people asking. The LightRifle is a projectile weapon. Meaning it's not hitscan and you have to lead your shots.

I've been using it off and on with the DMR and if used right, it can beat any other utility weapon at all ranges.

Makes sense. I think all the Promethian weapons are this way. I know the suppressor definitely is.

That makes the LR a huge disadvantage.

I'm pretty sure like 75% of my games have been like this. And half of those times, Join in Progress has shit itself and not given us a teammate.

It's like the game is trying to do everything it can to stop me from enjoying its incredibly good gameplay.

Don't worry though, because in the next update we are adding Team Swat.

That'll fix everything... right?

Wait so then
who was that other dude talking to the Didact and Librarian?

That was the Master Builder, the guy who designed and built all of the Halo rings. During the flood/forerunner war, he was also the closest thing to a leader of the entire Forerunner race. He had a lot of political power. He's a somewhat major character in Cryptum, but nobody really knows what exactly happened to him. He's more than likely dead though.

JHall

Makes sense. I think all the Promethian weapons are this way. I know the suppressor definitely is.

That makes the LR a huge disadvantage.

We had an entire team using the LR in BTB last night. If you team shot with the LR scoped in, the enemy just gets melted so fast. It's glorious.

Omni

Wait so then
who was that other dude talking to the Didact and Librarian?

Master Builder? (are you talking about the terminals? If not I have no idea what you're talking about and my comment is useless... lol)

I <3 Waypoint.

My favourite parts are:

"Reach is far better"

"I am a 2x inheritor on halo reach. I played so much I have 2 online lgit inheritor ranks. I dont ever see myself playing halo 4 longer than doing legendary campaign. As a huge halo fan since ce days this really annoys me."

"If you cartn say the warthog looks like its flosting and sounds awful or that spartan also look like they float or theres a total lack of weapons or skulls should have been found not given start of the mar"

Wait - is there no way to see the game details for friends? I check party details but it only tells me who is in the game, not the time or score of the game.

Also is anyone else having netcode issues with this game, have double checked in theatre and so many of my headshots when using DMR just get eaten. Is it the games netcode or just me?

If weapons fire hardlight why wouldn't they fire at the speed of light...?

Does hardlight work like regular light? Like, does it get diffused if you shoot a particle into water or anything? Does it bounce off of mirrors?

Overdoziz

Banned
I thought Regicide scoring was just kill based?
Yeah, but if you're doing well 343 rewards you by giving you less points per kill.
Also, Valhalla does not work in a game where everyone has hitscan precision weapons at spawn. The map plays hilariously bad. Giving out Snipers to everyone and their dog doesn't help either.

Wait - is there no way to see the game details for friends? I check party details but it only tells me who is in the game, not the time or score of the game.

Also is anyone else having netcode issues with this game, have double checked in theatre and so many of my headshots when using DMR just get eaten. Is it the games netcode or just me?

I feel its worse than Reach...

IHaveIce

Banned
Sooo.. what decides which weapons you get in your personal weapon drop?
I swear I have almost everytime the needler or the SAW, while my friend had in one game two times in a row the binary rifle.

I never had the binary rifle as weapon drops or a human sniper.

Is it really only luck?

Also:
-The spawns on some maps are just dumb as fuck
-CTF on Adrift is no fun, the weapon recovery time is ridicilous, why not take the MLG timers ?
-Weapon spawns on maps are also weird, sometimes I have the feelign they never respawn or they aren't shown, even here I would prefer the MLG timers.
-Vortex and Complex are the worst maps I think, at least Complex 4vs4 is bad and CTF on Complex is also not optimal, the one flag is out in the open and the other one is behind some great cover.
-Theater is a joke without announcer
-Active camo is still as annoying as in Reach, if not worse. Jetpack is quite ok.

And I can't believe I'm gonna say that but we need forge maps at least for small slayer gametypes, Haven is great, but I don't want to play it non stop. Add Relay and search for small Arena style maps, especially if you want Team Doubles to work.

Also Dominion is shit, don't like it at all.
I know talking about Cortana's ass and tits is important :J But can anyone explain the bolded to me?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I feel its worse than Reach...

It's been better than Reach for me. I've had 1 laggy game(people skipping and shit) and then 2, maybe 3 games where I noticed some shot eating. Everything else has been smooth as fuck. I'm also finding that I'm getting competitive games, which is very nice. Not every time but certainly more than Reach.

But then again every match is different for everybody and everyone has a different ISP's and internet connections and shit.

senador

Banned
Yeah, but if you're doing well 343 rewards you by giving you less points per kill.
Also, Valhalla does not work in a game where everyone has hitscan precision weapons at spawn. The map plays hilariously bad.

Hmm that's lame.

I've found Ragnarok to work just fine and its a lot is fun. It's just a bit vehicle heavy.

I've had a few black screen games that never recover and am either suddenly in a new game or back searching for players. Wat

I'm really not liking Regen Field in King of the Hill. You can place it right outside the hill and have it heal you. I'm hoping some point soon there will be restrictions of armor abilities in some gametypes.

Top Bottom