• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Can you get the terminals on any difficulty in this game or does it have to be Normal or over?

King of the Hill is fucking terrible on Complex or Ragnarok.

On the flipside, AR + Boltshot is da bess for all the other levels and wrecks shit.

Nah, you can do it on Easy. I did mine on that.

FyreWulff

hgc.png

Simple Rules

• No Forge Maps
  • No Forge Maps

LOL, good luck even finding Forge maps to download.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Promethean Vision is more offensive than Armor Lock.

Just got in an Infinity Slayer match where I joined in progress, my team was down a man and it was 100-10, we were losing. The entire enemy team is using Promethean Vision. Of course, my team has no idea what the hell they're doing, so they charge over and over again to their doom. We end up losing. I go 22-9, rest of my team goes like 6-13.

Nearly everything that was predicted was true. There's a gem in here, it's just so hard to see it sometimes.

TheOddOne

Did anybody feel that the first section of Spartan Ops mission “The Refuge” would be a decent MP map? Maybe make it a bit smaller, but the layout looks pretty decent.

def sim

I don't know, armor lock teams were kind of a big problem. Against Promethean vision, you can pop active camo for a split second or get out of dodge if you see the scan wave in your motion sensor. It's avoidable, at the very least.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Amazing post. Echoes a lot of my own feelings.
Glad someone read it. Wish I had the desire to go through the campaign against and extrapolate on my AI problems a little more clearly, and with more easily replicated examples. Maybe in a week or so.

Promethean Vision is more offensive than Armor Lock.
I just feel like when brainstorming prospective AAs, stop using things that would otherwise be considered hacks. In Reach, they thought complete invincibility would be a good idea-- no such luck. Now, we have wall hacks. I'm expecting Halo 5 to have a full-on aimbot AA lol.

Trickster

Did anybody feel that the first section of Spartan Ops mission “The Refuge” would be a decent MP map? Maybe make it a bit smaller, but the layout looks pretty decent.

Is that the one in the forerunner place? I had the exact same thought if so.

im shitting on kids, im having no fun tho...

wtf is with ammo? im always running out and i go run over to get a dead bodys and its already despawned?

leave the ammo on the ground.

why does it go silent at the end of the game?

thers like not a long enough pause in the lobby i keep forgetting to invite overdozez cause its instantly into the next shitfest...

I am really struggling with this game, feels like time and time again I see guys who are not shooting at me, I put what seems to be enough killshots into them but it just doesn't kill them - I then die within a nanosecond because I left myself exposed.

It feels a lot like the pop shooting gameplay that you get in battlefield, except when im the one doing the shooting it does nothing.

Feedback is terrible - I am hesitant to blame the game as it may just be my connection, but anyone else experiencing this?

I am really struggling with this game, feels like time and time again I see guys who are not shooting at me, I put what seems to be enough killshots into them but it just doesn't kill them - I then die within a nanosecond because I left myself exposed.

It feels a lot like the pop shooting gameplay that you get in battlefield, except when im the one doing the shooting it does nothing.

Feedback is terrible - I am hesitant to blame the game as it may just be my connection, but anyone else experiencing this?
Sounds like your connection. And when your connection is good, be assured your shots are having the same reaction on some of your enemies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
twice today i've called in a SAW from ordnance and the fucking thing that drops is like 1/4 the normal size and impossible to pick up.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
People love that AR now. Can't help but feel cheated when you land all your shots with the BR and the AR still beats you.

Oh well.

Good games guys!

twice today i've called in a SAW from ordnance and the fucking thing that drops is like 1/4 the normal size and impossible to pick up.

lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
People love that AR now. Can't help but feel cheated when you land all your shots with the BR and the AR still beats you.

Oh well.

Good games guys!

lol

It's spreading because of me! :lol

Seriously though, AR is really good. Almost got a Killtac with it and a pistol just now on Haven.

Rocking firepower with DMR/AR and it's a solid ass combo. People challenge close range because they think you have a pistol in your backpocket but really it's an AR.

Played around 10 games of dominion and a 2-3 CTF games. Dominion is a great concept, however the mass dumping of power weapons is ridiculous. I step outside of the base and instantly at least two people are aiming their high-powered sniper weapon at me. At one time, I've seen two guys with incineration cannons, one guy with a binary rifle and one dude in a mantis. And that's just the enemies, pretty sure we had at least a rocket launcher and a gauss hog. There's more vehicles and power weapons than players on the map, it's like invasion phase 3, but from the get-go. If 343 could take out about 1/3 of power weapons/vehicles, we could have a real winner.

CTF is a shitfest. The "kill" waypoint takes all the fun out of it. Ridiculous.

misc: binary rifle is absurdly overpowered, i think a clip size of 1 would've balanced it out. two shots is too much, it's practically a guaranteed kill. maybe also just one level of zoom? it's just way too dominant.

incineration cannon is the kind of weapon a 12 year old would design. just aim anywhere and fire away!

lots of weapons are MIA in MP (or at least dominion): beam rifle, fuel rod, concussion rifle,...

Edit: having lots of fun with promethean vision. lol at people who say the are doing fine without AAs and don't need any.
being able to aim at the enemy while he is still behind the wall is a huge advantage, not to mention being able to see if the enemy has a shotgun/rockets or just a rifle is fantastic as well.

Ryaaan14

Banned
It's interesting how split everyone is.

I am not too thrilled about working long hours and not being able to play. Tues-Thurs will be a 3 day binge though.

We got the entire Team Downer in here, it's amazing

"What is this shit, this is the biggest piece of crap, why is this happening, who designed this UI, let just go and dong on these mothafuckas, holy crap this is bad"
KuGsj.gif

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Holy shit, no wonder you removed theater from Campaign and Spartan Ops. I wouldn't people capturing high res in game screenshots of this shit either. RIP Bungie environments...
The heck do you mean by Bungie environments? The ones were warthog sprites clipped and disappeared underground in Tip of the Spear?

ElRenoRaven

well as anticipated this UI is an abomination. who designed this shit?

I don't know but they should be replaced. I'm sorry we all called the UI issues from the moment's it was first shown. It's honestly one of the worst UIs that I've ever seen.

The heck do you mean by Bungie environments? The ones were warthog sprites clipped and disappeared underground in Tip of the Spear?

The ones where you looked out and didn't see a compressed JPEG as a sad excuse for environment art. And yes, I am going to defend the shit out of Bungie's environments.

Top Bottom