• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

TCKaos

I'm really not liking Regen Field in King of the Hill. You can place it right outside the hill and have it heal you. I'm hoping some point soon there will be restrictions of armor abilities in some gametypes.

If you run inside the hill it is immediately disabled, as all armor abilities are disabled in the hill. The Auto Sentry explodes as soon as you step foot inside, too.

Sanjuro

...alright, so let me get this straight.

After playing twelve games this morning, with every following War Games match...

I can't get XP from challenges.
I lose my redeemed 2XP.

Kind of absurd.

Fracas

#fuckonami
...alright, so let me get this straight.

After playing twelve games this morning, with every following War Games match...

I can't get XP from challenges.
I lose my redeemed 2XP.

Kind of absurd.

Wasn't that supposed to be fixed already? That sucks, dude.

Just raise the credit cap already, 343.

GhaleonEB

annnd as I was writing this post, this happened..

oh my god join in progress is a lot of shit. I just joined a game of KOTH that was 147 to 4. Here is the thing, the game ends at 150, and I was on the team with 4 points.

Fuck that, this game honestly feels unplayable unless you have a full party to go into MM with.

Last night I hopped for a game of CTF. I landed when it was 1-2, and the other team had our flag.

I was on the team with 1. I was not amused.

Seeing as I mostly play solo, this is going to be a big problem for me.

senador

Banned
Last night I hopped for a game of CTF. I landed when it was 1-2, and the other team had our flag.

I was on the team with 1. I was not amused.

Seeing as I mostly play solo, this is going to be a big problem for me.

It's only happened to me a few times and if you just finish it, the next games are full games.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I want to love Halo 4, but I'm having a hard time with it. I haven't felt this apathetic about Halo multiplayer since Squad Slayer was removed. I really hope 343 makes some sweeping changes in the very near future.

Blueblur1

Anyone else getting disconnected in the menus? It's happening to me constantly in between matches. The last disconnect caused my Xbox to freeze (but the music was still playing). I just touched my system where the air vents are and its boiling hot.

Havok

It's only happened to me a few times and if you just finish it, the next games are full games.
That's my outlook anyway. Once your in, stay in.
This is usually the right answer, until the game starts throwing you against full teams that are just stomping your random teammates (Why is a Halo game in 2012 matching solo players against full parties? Shut up that's why). It ain't gonna rebalance after the game, no reason to stay.

Why in fuck would a game start 3v6!?
The game will start 5v0 sometimes, let us vote, go through a map load, start the game, and the immediately end. It's a well designed system that did not in any way require a beta.

This is usually the right answer, until the game starts throwing you against full teams that are just stomping your random teammates (Why is a Halo game in 2012 matching solo players against full parties? Shut up that's why). It ain't gonna rebalance after the game, no reason to stay.
I think this is my problem with JIP as it stands and how it handles games when you stick around afterwards. Either keep parties matched with parties, or scramble teams after matches.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Just played some Dominion and BTB and dominated. Although I'm not "truskilled yet."

I like it a lot so far, even the ordinance all over the place. BTB on Rag was fun as hell, even got some mantis time and blew the shit out of the enemy team with SL/Sniper combo.

If this keeps up I'll be happy. Absolutely love it.

Is the daily challenge Exterminate! Exterminate glitched? I feel like I've killed every person on the team multiple times, but the bar never progresses.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Halo 4 BTB is poop. People 5-shotting across the map and power weapons dropping in every-fucking-where.

Completely agreed. Can't even leave my damn spawn without getting pinged from across the map or a tank shooting at me.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I prefer Reach BTB. Like I've said, Halo 4 BTB is straight up Heavies.

FyreWulff

Would someone happen to have a link to the glitch people discovered in Halo 2 where you can save the Athens from exploding in Cairo Station?

Blueblur1

I frequently experience drops in voice chat. Like it drops and I don't hear people finish sentences. It happens all the time.

Jedi Otter

Just gotta point this out, but Ragnarok is a terrible map for King Of the Hill. All the hill points are completely exposed, and they all seem to spawn near the lake-side base. Playing red team on that map just really sucks. Other than that, I've really been enjoying multiplayer.

Get rid of the fucking XP cap. It makes no sense to have it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can you get the terminals on any difficulty in this game or does it have to be Normal or over?

Just gotta point this out, but Ragnarok is a terrible map for King Of the Hill. All the hill points are completely exposed, and they all seem to spawn near the lake-side base. Playing red team on that map just really sucks. Other than that, I've really been enjoying multiplayer.

Get rid of the fucking XP cap. It makes no sense to have it.
King of the Hill is fucking terrible on Complex or Ragnarok.

On the flipside, AR + Boltshot is da bess for all the other levels and wrecks shit.

Willeth

So it's safe to assume the emblem charts that are going around the web at the moment are massively incomplete, right? I miss my sprocketmoon.

Can you get the terminals on any difficulty in this game or does it have to be Normal or over?
I cleaned up the terminals I needed on normal but I don't think it matters, I'd stay on normal just to be on the safe side because it's still a pretty comatose difficulty. Most of the terminals are a minute away from the Bravo checkpoint with exception to Shutdown, which is on Delta.

Enfinit

Solo legendary is more of an annoyance that it is difficult. It's very tedious, of which I don't mind, however it's the situational disadvantages I'm put in that make the campaign more irratating than enjoyable.

Was near the end of mission four last night, where you have to hold the area in front of the door while Cortana hacks into it. Naturally, all of the supporting Marines die long before you get to that area (regardless of what weapons you give them), and the weapon caches are all near the front of the door, which is in a completely open area, where all the enemies tend to converge. I was forced backwards into the level to camp in an outpost under the cover of some foliage on a tree branch, where I picked off Crawlers before I ran out of ammo. The blessing on that level are the turrets, which manhandle the Knights (granted you get rid of the Crawlers first). The worst part is missing a Watcher and having them spawn in more Crawlers and revive the Knights while you sit there helpless because you've run out of precision weapon ammo and all you have is a half-empty Boltshot and a Supressor.

The amount of enemies and the placement/selection of the weapon stashes on that part of the level are super frustrating, and the feeling I got after beating that part was more of a "FUCK YOU" rather than a "FUCK YEA!"

Played through the Reclaimer mission last night. Holy shit bombs!

Good god War Games is fun, but so broken right now. Regular laggy games, menus freezing, can't back out of lobbies, generally shit UI that doesn't tell me when people join my lobby and doesn't show challenges and commendations after the game that I completed. Also, Abandon is a horrible map, the defacto shit map of this Halo game.

Sorry Xeno, Barlow, and Tashi, could only play a game or two, so I didn't join. Going to get lunch and see Skyfall.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I cleaned up the terminals I needed on normal but I don't think it matters, I'd stay on normal just to be on the safe side because it's still a pretty comatose difficulty. Most of the terminals are a minute away from the Bravo checkpoint with exception to Shutdown, which is on Delta.
Oh that's good to hear. What did you use for terminals? I was looking at a video before but it didn't mention Rally points in it, which would make for a lot of work.

Solo legendary is more of an annoyance that it is difficult. It's very tedious, of which I don't mind, however it's the situational disadvantages I'm put in that make the campaign more irratating than enjoyable.

Was near the end of mission four last night, where you have to hold the area in front of the door while Cortana hacks into it. Naturally, all of the supporting Marines die long before you get to that area (regardless of what weapons you give them), and the weapon caches are all near the front of the door, which is in a completely open area, where all the enemies tend to converge. I was forced backwards into the level to camp in an outpost under the cover of some foliage on a tree branch, where I picked off Crawlers before I ran out of ammo. The blessing on that level are the turrets, which manhandle the Knights (granted you get rid of the Crawlers first). The worst part is missing a Watcher and having them spawn in more Crawlers and revive the Knights while you sit there helpless because you've run out of precision weapon ammo and all you have is a half-empty Boltshot and a Supressor.

The amount of enemies and the placement/selection of the weapon stashes on that part of the level are super frustrating, and the feeling I got after beating that part was more of a "FUCK YOU" rather than a "FUCK YEA!"
There are several turrets who kills the Crawler easily, several Railguns to take out the knights...

Got my first griefer match tonight. If you are one of those softcocks who hold off from scoring the final flag just so you can spawn kill the other team then fuck you. Fucking assholes.

lol, we were doing that today on Valhalla. We had 2 Banshees, a Mantis and 2 snipers. The game just kept giving us new players to kill. Over and over again.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I was playing Dominion earlier on Exile and got a weird glitch involving the Regen. I died in a Regen field the enemy made and after that all of the sound was being filtered through the Regen field for the entire game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Is the first HaloGAF Customs night going to be held this weekend?

hgc.png

Simple Rules

• No Forge Maps
  • No Forge Maps

I was playing Dominion earlier on Exile and got a weird glitch involving the Regen. I died in a Regen field the enemy made and after that all of the sound was being filtered through the Regen field for the entire game.

Yeah, there is a rare bug where some audio effect will loop for the rest of the game. Happens with the shield recharge for me once.

hgc.png

Simple Rules

• No Forge Maps
  • No Forge Maps

Best rules are best.

Enfinit

There are several turrets who kills the Crawler easily, several Railguns to take out the knights...
In limited numbers, these weapon choices work flawlessly. However, when I was on that mission, the number of enemies at one time became overbearing. At one point there's four Crawlers, two Knights (with Autosentry's), and a Watcher. If you're out in the open, you're dead immediately. It's not one of those instances where you can run into an open area and destroy all the enemies before you die, it requires such more strategy than that. Also, the amount of Railgun ammo is just enough to kill all the Knights, amd the kill time with the turret for Crawlers are a tad more than you think.

It's a good thing and a bad thing. The Railgun is awesome though, especially against Knights.

Played a game of King of the Hill on Ragnarok, and when I got the Spartan Laser I realized I had six shots (or more) available to me. It's because I have the ammo perk on. I think that's too much, and I still don't understand why the laser is on the top middle again.

Botlshot is giving me as much joy as when I first played with it.

Enfinit

Played a game of King of the Hill on Ragnarok, and when I got the Spartan Laser I realized I had six shots (or more) available to me. It's because I have the ammo perk on. I think that's too much, and I still don't understand why the laser is on the top middle again.
I use the ammo perk and the same thing happens to me. I get six rockets and sixteen sniper shots with it, which, to me, is completely awesome, however I can't help but feel it's a little unfair. I use the ammo perk so I have plety of BR/DMR ammo, not so I get extra power weapon ammo. It's a nice bonus, however I believe the ammo perk should only be applied to weapons in your loadout. Seems like that would make it a little more fair, considering the amount of power weapons are on a map at any given time.

Are the Boltshot and Railgun more powerful if you hold the trigger as long as possible, or can you release the trigger early and have the same effect?
I believe they both do more damage the longer you hold it. I know the Boltshot does for sure (unless you overcharge it), but I'm not so sure about the Railgun. It feels like it does the same amount of damage regardless the length of hold.

Also, I don't understand why the railgun charges are different for campaign and multiplayer. Same goes for Thruster pack.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Are the Boltshot and Railgun more powerful if you hold the trigger as long as possible, or can you release the trigger early and have the same effect?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Unlimited sprint is too useful too often for me to warrant changing it, but all the other interesting perks are in the Tactical Packages section too. :(

Also, I don't understand why the railgun charges are different for campaign and multiplayer. Same goes for Thruster pack.
Thrusting was clearly OP, unlike regen fields, auto-sentries, camo on demand, wallhacking, etc.

Unlimited sprint is too useful too often for me to warrant changing it, but all the other interesting perks are in the Tactical Packages section too. :(
I think the only other compelling one for me was shielding, and while it's useful, I enjoy unlimited sprint way too much to swap it. Gotta go fast.

I'm pretty sure they do the same damage no matter how long you hold it.
I get 1 shot kills with them all the time no matter how long I hold it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Granted, I've only played a few matches, but I think people aren't giving the BR enough credit. I've already gotten a lot of kills that I'm killing the person in 1 shot where I drop their shields and headshot them in the same trigger pull. Where as with the DMR it would require a second shot.

Top Bottom