• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Oregon's USPS offices must be more strict, I just sent the stuff to Kittens with no name at all.

This is what happens when you can't pump your own gas

Blissful

Neo Member
Did you join and it said: GAMETYPE, GAME OVER, GAMETYPE OBJECTIVE?

Or just did it go: GAMETYPE, GAMETYPE OBJECTIVE, wait a few and GAME OVER?

Second one. It's like they enjoyed watching me lose.

Also, why the hell can friends play together in regicide? I keep playing against people who are helping out each other....

tumblr_ltrcbyUlhU1qka05mo1_400.gif

lolno

Kuroyume

Banned
Has anyone played (the original) Crysis on the 360? How does Halo compare graphically? This game is pretty amazing at least from a graphical standpoint.

Enfinit

Should ship Monday.
Thanks again!

Moa Dongblain..
Sounds like an awesome new gamertag/Waypoint alt.

It irritates the shit out of me that of all people that would post that, it is Nak3d Eli.
It doesn't bother me that it's Nak3d Eli, so much as the fact that he has an entire series about "breaking" the game, which is promoted in such a way that its initial intention seems to solely for garnering views and lol's.

Make a quick video, send it to a member of 343i, and just wait for it to be patched. Last thing Halo 4 matchmaking needs is even more game-breaking scenarios just to snag a view extra views for your YouTube channel.

Moa

That's going to be fun to explain.
Indeed, changed my 'real life' name on Twitter to Moa Dongblain.
Better start practicing how to sign things as Moa Dongblain.
Moa 8=D I guess?
Second one. It's like they enjoyed watching me lose.

Also, why the hell can friends play together in regicide? I keep playing against people who are helping out each other....

Ahhh, I joined an Oddball game once, and it was ODDBALL, GAME OVER, HOLD THE BALL TO EARN POINTS.

I went to watch it in theater and it doesn't even come off of a black screen.

Sounds like an awesome new gamertag/Waypoint alt.
You know, I actually might change it to Moa Dongblain...
It doesn't bother me that it's Nak3d Eli, so much as the fact that he has an entire series about "breaking" the game, which is promoted in such a way that its initial intention seems to solely for garnering views and lol's.

Make a quick video, send it to a member of 343i, and just wait for it to be patched. Last thing Halo 4 matchmaking needs is even more game-breaking scenarios just to snag a view extra views for your YouTube channel.
Pretty much sharing my thoughts here, so annoying :/

Listening to the Halo 4 soundtrack again, it's still a shame how badly it got implemented into the game. "Revival" feels like an awesome way to introduce the Didact and go "Yo, this dude's gonna fuck your shit up", and then 343 went and used twenty seconds of it.

Enfinit

You know, I actually might change it to Moa Dongblain...

As a side note, I'll be changing my gamertag fairly soon, and I'll be making a Silver account for Enfinit in case I ever wanted to change it back (which I might, you never know!).

Then it dawned on me, that would allow me to post as Enfinit on Waypoint again. Granted, I'd never actually do it, but imagine the reactions.

Listening to the Halo 4 soundtrack again, it's still a shame how badly it got implemented into the game. "Revival" feels like an awesome way to introduce the Didact and go "Yo, this dude's gonna fuck your shit up", and then 343 went and used twenty seconds of it.

Or how Haven is just on a loop that never even reaches the part that matters?
The setting of Halo 4 was squandered pretty damn badly.

Moa

As a side note, I'll be changing my gamertag fairly soon, and I'll be making a Silver account for Enfinit in case I ever wanted to change it back (which I might, you never know!).

Then it dawned on me, that would allow me to post as Enfinit on Waypoint again. Granted, I'd never actually do it, but imagine the reactions.

Wow, I wonder what would happen if you changed your name to something like Waffles, then used the Silver account 'Enfinit' on there before it updates.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Nemesis remix should have played during the Mantis corridor segment. Oh lawd.

Enfinit

Damn, that can't have been hard.

I've been on Christmas break since the 16th, and I went home for the holidays. Didn't bring my Xbox home because I figured the time I spent playing Xbox at my house I should spend with my family (I know, d'awwwwww). However, I just got back up to school and back to my apartment today, so I'll be back on Live later tonight for the first time in three weeks.

Can someone explain to me the story behind Dongblain/dongblaining, I wasn't active/around when it became a 'thing'.
It was originally an achievement in Halo 4 called "The Dongblainer" (I believe it was the "Win 20 games of matchmaking" achievement or whatever), however it was changed due to (what I'm guessing) Xbox censor stuffs.

EDIT: What monsterfracas said too.

Wow, I don't think I had heard the full track before. You're right.

It's only worth using on BTB maps and complex, but it's the best precision weapon around in those instances. Only use it zoomed in though, the three shot burst is useless.

The carbine is the only useless precision weapon in the game, sadly.

Couldn't have said it any better, myself. Love that LR under those circumstances.

Petrichor

I thought the Light Rifle was supposed to be good. I get no kills with it, all pew pew.

It's only worth using on BTB maps and complex, but it's the best precision weapon around in those instances. Only use it zoomed in though, the three shot burst is horrible.

The carbine is the only entirely useless precision weapon in the game, sadly.

Moa

I've been on Christmas break since the 16th, and I went home for the holidays. Didn't bring my Xbox home because I figured the time I spent playing Xbox at my house I should spend with my family (I know, d'awwwwww). However, I just got back up to school and back to my apartment today, so I'll be back on Live later tonight for the first time in three weeks.

It was originally an achievement in Halo 4 called "The Dongblainer" (I believe it was the "Win 20 games of matchmaking" achievement or whatever), however it was changed due to (what I'm guessing) Xbox censor stuffs.

EDIT: What monsterfracas said too.
Family > Xbox

I always wondered about the achievement being changed haha.

Thank you!

Fracas

#fuckonami
That vid's not actually where dongblaining came from btw. Duncan had a post about its origins somewhere around here.

JB1981

Has anyone played (the original) Crysis on the 360? How does Halo compare graphically? This game is pretty amazing at least from a graphical standpoint.

Which game halo 4 ? Original Crysis looks good in some areas and bad in others and has terrible performance

Wow, I don't think I had heard the full track before. You're right.

Couldn't have said it any better, myself. Love that LR under those circumstances.
They should've done a slow buildup to his reveal, get some dread going for the player. Instead we got him falling on his knees and talking mencingly, but nobody fucking knows why at that point. :p

Guys, I know what I have to do. I'll infiltrate Microsoft and 343 and get some decent story telling going.

And I'll get 1-50 back while I'm at it, since you guys seem to want that so bad.

In one of those pictures, the Infinity is shooting the Didact's ship with... what is that supposed to be? It certainly isn't a MAC round. They look like lasers or something.

In one of those pictures, the Infinity is shooting the Didact's ship with... what is that supposed to be? It certainly isn't a MAC round. They look like lasers or something.
Forerunner technology. Infinity is humanity's most advanced ship and equipped with all the Forerunner technology. So I am thinking it is the case here.

Forerunner technology. Infinity is humanity's most advanced ship and equipped with all the Forerunner technology. So I am thinking it is the case here.

The weird thing is though, that it isn't mentioned in the briefing packet in the armaments. I'll check it again when I'm home but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mention any lasers or anything similar.

Got a few there that are perfect, thanks!

No problem, the Epilogue was by far my favorite cutscene in the game for one reason, Chief is walking by and EVERYONE stops what they are doing to look at him. For how much I disliked the story, that moment really captured the sense of awe I think everyone should feel when Chief is present. Awesome scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom