• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Karl2177

Team Doubles is to be a permanent playlist? And Snipers isnt? Thats great.

If Snipers is just another week long playlist Im not sure this game can hold my attention much longer :/

TBH, Snipers with flinch was painful to play and watch. But right now, it really sucks that so many people are without an outlet that they can constantly go to in this game. I guess we should have seen it coming with Reach when Squad Slayer and Firefight Limited got axed...

DeadNames

Banned
LiWZWcw.png

tumblr_m8ansiTRX81rd2zgwo1_500.gif

Halo 5 better deliver.

just a reminder, the target launch date for full fileshare functionality was december 2012. take that as you will. TU is literally the only hope I have left for this game, and that will probably be minor updates segmented in a playlist that 10 people play.

oh well.

No Campaign Or SpOps theater? That is seriously depressing. You spend years building these great environments and we can't even photograph them? I am just gonna cry real quick.

Madness

Are people actually upset about no campaign or Spops theatre? I dont think Ive ever watched any of my firefight or campaign footage

Just because you don't, doesn't mean others don't. If you remember pre-launch, no campaign theater pretty much killed the speed running community. There was someone who wrote such a detailed and amazing post that something so trivial to you or I, meant so much to him and his community.

TBH, Snipers with flinch was painful to play and watch. But right now, it really sucks that so many people are without an outlet that they can constantly go to in this game. I guess we should have seen it coming with Reach when Squad Slayer and Firefight Limited got axed...

I know, it wasnt perfect. Since Halo 2 its been my favourite mode. It was often the reason Id get a craving for some Halo and take Gears or CoD or whatever out of my Xbox to go play some Halo.

Really starting to look like it wont become permanent, which is a shame. Its been a mainstay for so long now.

Just because you don't, doesn't mean others don't. If you remember pre-launch, no campaign theater pretty much killed the speed running community. There was someone who wrote such a detailed and amazing post that something so trivial to you or I, meant so much to him and his community.

Thats why i asked. To see if anyone was actually upset.

blamite

6u91f.gif

As soon as I find another multiplayer game I can stick with I think I'm done with Halo 4. The Forge playlist is alright but it's too little too late, and having to wait until April, fucking April, for a ranking system I may or may not even be interested in is just not providing me with any motivation whatsoever to continue playing this game. I'll probably play each Spartan Op once, and maybe check out the map packs if they seem okay (I did already pay for them, after all :/), but Halo just is not interesting to me anymore.

I need a new game. Any recommendations?

the natron

Neo Member
No Campaign Or SpOps theater? That is seriously depressing. You spend years building these great environments and we can't even photograph them? I am just gonna cry real quick.

those QTEs bro. Takes priority over theater.
But in all seriousness, that is just lame. That is yet another feature that previous Halos had, that Halo 4 will not smh

Halo 5 better deliver.

I'm still using the excuse that this was their first game as a company and that they'll do better next time. Glass half full over glass half empty

Are people actually upset about no campaign or Spops theatre? I dont think Ive ever watched any of my firefight or campaign footage
I wanted Campaign theater, but it wasn't in at launch so I haven't expected it since. That and the missing fileshare stuff has done a lot of damage to this as a community. There's no screenshots thread, and no war stories in pic or video form. Add in the lack of classic playlists and well, people are going to talk about which AAs, perks, weapons, maps and mechanics they hate the most.

As soon as I find another multiplayer game I can stick with I think I'm done with Halo 4. The Forge playlist is alright but it's too little too late, and having to wait until April, fucking April, for a ranking system I may or may not even be interested in is just not providing me with any motivation whatsoever to continue playing this game. I'll probably play each Spartan Op once, and maybe check out the map packs if they seem okay (I did already pay for them, after all :/), but Halo just is not interesting to me anymore.

Red Orchestra 2. I posted something earlier how I was disappointed that there weren't any FPS's to dedicate myself too (BF3, CoD, Tribes, and CS:GO). Red Orchestra is the fucking shit.

Havok

The barrier to entry for a community like High Speed Halo is now ridiculously high for people who aren't invested enough to buy a capture card (a post from the man himself explaining why it's such a huge deal).

Blue Ninja's Views from the Edge would be similarly frustrating to continue.

Tyrant's Mythic tutorials would require a lot more work to do at the same quality bar he was producing them at.

Feature parity is incredibly important when entire communities are built around it.

Madness

In all honesty though, by April, there will be crysis 3 out, dead space 3, biosbock: infinite and gears of war: judgment. Will people really be playing Halo 4 consistently? Will ranks even matter by then? Some of the most competitive players have long stopped playing. The majority of people still playing Halo 4 are those who like the changes and so competitive features and ranks didn't really matter to them in the first place.

J10

Banned
Criticizing on forums really doesn't work. The people who are still playing love Infinity settings, so naturally they're going to propagate that into other playlists.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow good job 343, ruining another playlist (CTF) WHO THE FUCK ASKED " Hey you know what would be cool? Infinity with CTF" .. I hate this random- heavy weapons-shit.

It is only because some kids get a boner when they get a sniper rifle for 4 assists and a distraction..

Rank will not work properly and "most of the competive playlists will be tweaked" are you kidding me? WHICH COMPETIVE PLAYLISTS?

Please ... I just want new books and then I probably can let Halo die for me..

I just need another online shooter to fill the spot.

Edit: All my hope for playlists without Personal Ordnance and a removal of some loudout stuff ( Boltshot) are gone.. I don't think that TU can deliver.

X-COM, Far Cry 3, Dragon's Dogma, Forza Horizon, The Walking Dead.

Choose.

Madness

If you'd even casually read this OT over the past 6 months, you'd have all the information you need on that inquest.

Someone needs to repost that great writeup of how removing something as simple as campaign theater will ruin his speed running community. Was it high speed halo?

Tzeentch

There's no way they complete the rank system by April anyways. Probably July-August before it actually gets implemented and works properly.

Havok

Someone needs to repost that great writeup of how removing something as simple as campaign theater will ruin his speed running community. Was it high speed halo?
I edited it into my post above, but NOKYARD posted this back in October when the news of the feature cut dropped.

The lead multiplayer designer chimes in on the weekly bulletin after weeks and weeks of complaints from the community about random ordnance, instant respawns, flinch, poor sandbox balance, and what does he announce?

Infinity CTF.

Criticizing on forums really doesn't work. The people who are still playing love Infinity settings, so naturally they're going to propagate that into other playlists.
I'm going to guess this was always their plan. Personal and global ordnance, loadouts, perks, JIP and instant respawn are the trademark 343's "Infinity" changes, so they're going to double down on em, but with tweaks.

Unless I'm mistaken there's been no word about classic playlists outside of Slayer Pro returning at some point (and not mentioned in this bulletin) right?

the natron

Neo Member

planetside 2

you know i never realized that. How is the speed running community dealing with all this? I'm sure a lot of people haven't even bothered trying to speed run now. Not everyone has a capture card

Ghazi

Have they said why they aren't putting CSR in-game? The whole idea of CSR is really stupid if not easily visible, they already supposedly have some kind of true skill ranking for matchmaking in-game right?

IHaveIce

Banned
• We hope to keep Grifball and Doubles in as regular playlists.

Grifball back as a regular playlist.. I remember someone saying they won't do this again...times change heh?

Also we don't forget the file browser, don't worry 343 we will remind you.

You guys can come to DIII. Fans are getting their second patch of game content soon, probably a really good time to join. I'll hook you up too!

Juices#1991!

HTupolev

How is the speed running community dealing with all this?
Not well. HighSpeedHalo has a protocol for Halo 4 submissions, but business isn't really booming. (Kind of hard to tell though, because the queue has been stuck for a while. But it's not really being talked about excitedly on the forums, either.)

You know what sucks the most? The movement in Halo 4 is solid. Jumping, strafing, regular speed. It's all near perfect. So many small things holding this game back, annoys the hell out of me.

willow ve

So..

Our targeted launch date for CSR is April 2013

And we all know how targets have been largely missed with Halo 4. So they'll have ranking in April May. Which would be six full months out from launch. Arguably the most talked about piece of the game pre-launch, which they finally conceded the point and decided to put them in, will finally show up half a year after the game came out.

I really hope this game has been a solid learning experience so when 5 launches on the next gen box we don't have to wade through all of this again.

I know nothing about Bungie's Destiny, but with Halo being the way it is now, I seriously can't wait for the news to start coming in. Maybe Destiny will be the new thing I get addicted to with my friends....super pumped to hear more about it.

Omni

Capture the flag is the only thing that's keeping me playing this game. And even then things like active camo, jetpack and maps like Complex and Abandon are really driving me nuts.

Infinity anything is a complete clusterfuck. They've already ruined big team and regular team slayer, and now they're going after CTF? Fuck me. If they replace regular CTF with Infinity CTF, I'm absolutely done with this game.

First of all...that blatant filler.

So these ranks are waypoint only, they still have not changed their minds about that?

AND they are killing off normal CTF for more infinity nonsense? Could 343 be any more out of touch with what Halo fans want?

If they replace regular CTF with Infinity CTF, I'm absolutely done with this game.
We all know that is what they are doing.

Top Bottom