• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

lmao your hand doesn't count heckfu

LVOSx.gif

Ranking system news from the Bulletin

• You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist.
• Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint.
• CSR uses familiar 1-50 scale.
• When CSR launches, everyone will start with a fresh rating.

Our targeted launch date for CSR is April 2013, and we will be re-configuring some of our most competitive playlists to accommodate the launch of the feature.

the natron

Neo Member
The Council Gamer w/ Walshy and Flamesword. Talking the future of Halo 4, MLG dropping Halo 4, and tears to be shed. Can 343 save us? - http://www.twitch.tv/thehalocouncil
errrrrrr connection problems?

It bugs me when parts of maps aren't used. You could make CTF work in a variety of ways of Vortex I think. Longbow is another map that has two pretty huge sections that no one uses. That map has I think 5 full bases, but only 3 are used for 6v6 Dominion with the other 2 tucked away on either side. I'd kill for some heat maps!
I know what you mean. I actually didn't know one of the bases on Longbow even existed until a few days ago haha. Also Wreckage has the same issue, which disappointed me when I played it for the first time. In every game both teams basically try to hold and camp out in the central structure the entire match. And nonstop boltshots and camo makes it even worse

Ranking system news from the Bulletin [for new page]

• You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist.
• Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint.
• CSR uses familiar 1-50 scale.
• When CSR launches, everyone will start with a fresh rating.

Our targeted launch date for CSR is April 2013, and we will be re-configuring some of our most competitive playlists to accommodate the launch of the feature.

Havok

Infinity Slayer sure doesn't sound like the return to good gametype settings that I need to pull me back into this game.

If it ends up being what the name suggests...ugh.

For a "clarification of our approach going forward," that introduced a heck of a lot more questions than answers.

Madness

April 2013 for ranks? That's a bit too far, especially with gears, dead space, bioshock, crysis launching soon. I wonder how much of the players still playing will even care by then?

the natron

Neo Member
Wait, so the CSR ranks wont be visible in game or am I missing something here??

nope waypoint only apparently
EDIT: dammit eagle

and this tidbit
• We are planning to build several multi-mode playlists that include rotated modes, and new modes we have not launched yet. It is important that we build strong playlist compositions in time for the CSR launch.
makes me hopeful they will consolidate the objective playlists and get rid of the fluff

For a "clarification of our approach going forward," that introduced a heck of a lot more questions than answers.
Yeah, like this gem:

We are planning to build several multi-mode playlists that include rotated modes, and new modes we have not launched yet. It is important that we build strong playlist compositions in time for the CSR launch.

"Infinity CTF"

343 what are you doing
Looks like personal ordnance is here to stay.

blamite

Well that Bulletin was certainly lighter on useless fluff than before, now it just needs to be replaced with actual content.

I appreciate that 343 seems like they're trying to be a bit more open, but this is honestly the most vague "we're working on it, come back later" update I've seen in a long time.

Team Doubles is to be a permanent playlist? And Snipers isnt? Thats great.

If Snipers is just another week long playlist Im not sure this game can hold my attention much longer :/

Havok

Yeah, like this gem:

Looks like personal ordnance is here to stay.
The optimist in me hopes that "new game modes" means Assault. Or maybe a good game-wide CTF variant.

The person who played 343's reworked Reach Team Objective knows it probably means Hot Potato and Flag Slayer.

the natron

Neo Member
Am I being too hopeful by thinking that when they say "Infinity CTF" they mean classic CTF?
answer is yes

April 2013 for ranks? That's a bit too far, especially with gears, dead space, bioshock, crysis launching soon. I wonder how much of the players still playing will even care by then?
honestly probably not that much considering it will still not be visible in-game

So what this "visible" means?

It appears like they are going to put your Highest CSR on your profile near your spartan when you view stats, and I assume when you click War Games and there is that playlist chart with the populations your rank for each playlist will appear there.

That would make the most sense and be the least amount of clicks to see.

However if its not in-game, no one is ever going to care. Just look at "BPR"

Blissful

Neo Member
Can't they just make it visible in game? I mean it's going to take them till April to release it anyway.... Why does 343 have to over-think and complicate everything

I wouldn't mind seeing my rank online if Halowaypoint.com was an easy-to-navigate website like Bungie.net. Why can't they just show the ranks in game? is that too much to ask?

Yep. Frankie, I KNOW you have a Surface. Have you tried Smartglass on Halo 4 with the thing? Frankly, it sucks right now, the performance is just not there.

--

88qKBdr.png

Awarded a point for the interview for the Franklin piece with deets, and the half-point for minor TU deets for the deets that were in there, but likely not related to "TU2" since it's April.

Top Bottom