• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

TCKaos

wave after wave after wave.

Was it the engine room? The bit where you get a bunch of snipers and DMRs and turrets?

I played through all of these alone this time around, and that was easily the most boring part. The rest of SpOps was awesome this week. So good.

DrunkWife reporting in. 'sup guys?

sskHoAK.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was it the engine room? The bit where you get a bunch of snipers and DMRs and turrets?

I played through all of these alone this time around, and that was easily the most boring part. The rest of SpOps was awesome this week. So good.
Actually it was the "another nuke" part, but that part too.

I didn't even care it was monotonous because of how fun it was. Seriously, that was fun as hell. Fresh locations and encounters makes worlds of difference.

Actually it was the "another nuke" part, but that part too.

I didn't even care it was monotonous because of how fun it was. Seriously, that was fun as hell. Fresh locations and encounters makes worlds of difference.

It's kinda terrifying when you realize the Covenant have probably been cloaking nukes for ages, and there's about a million times where Roland or another AI wasn't there to locate them in time...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's kinda terrifying when you realize the Covenant have probably been cloaking nukes for ages, and there's about a million times where Roland or another AI wasn't there to locate them in time...
TBH Roland doesn't even look like a man I'd trust. Why is the most advanced ship in the UNSC helmed by an AI out of Rapture?

IHaveIce

Banned
Wait Nowise can you play already every Episode through modding? That is pretty cool.

I hoped there would be such a mission.

But yeah spoilerz

Moa

To cheer you all up who think that is actually Episode 10, Chapter 5 - it isn't.

It is just a Pelican on Reclaimer which can be done via a glitch & mod.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hah, perfect response.

I'm on chapter 2....
Chapter 2, or Episode 2? I stopped playing after Episode 2, but gave Episode 6 a shot after everyone saying how good it is. It's actually fun (but still flawed)! I haven't really played Episode 7 yet, because I've yet to get into a game that wasn't ruined by lag.

Hey uh, guys? I don't know if it's been covered/discovered in speedruns yet, but you can completely bypass the shield disabling section on Reclaimer. Take a warthog up to the big shield wall at high speed and do a right powerslide into the shield and get out as you hit it. The momentum is more than enough to clip you through. Just walk forward a bit and it despawns the shields, generators, and even some enemies.

Hey uh, guys? I don't know if it's been covered/discovered in speedruns yet, but you can completely bypass the shield disabling section on Reclaimer. Take a warthog up to the big shield wall at high speed and do a right powerslide into the shield and get out as you hit it. The momentum is more than enough to clip you through. Just walk forward a bit and it despawns the shields, generators, and even some enemies.

You can just park next to it and jump out. Multiple ways past the shields you can get over the top of them aswell.

I discovered this on my legendary play through

Blueblur1

I noticed something that is pretty alarming about the first mission of Spartan Ops episode 7. I replayed it on my own to kill some Prometheans Knights and noticed that all the AI corpses were disappearing almost immediately after death. Then I had instances where as soon as my final DMR shot landed the enemy Elite vanished right in front of me. I wanted to get another Elite's Sword but it, along with his corpse, disappeared as soon as they touched the ground. How crazy is it that a Halo game is making such great sacrifices for pretty graphics? That area, Apex, isn't even impressive. You could see the seam between some of the ground textures, the environment textures are also a little muddy, and the skybox and geometry in the distance is very simple and uses even lower-res textures. What the hell is stretching the engine so thin in Spartan Ops? It's terrible.

Man, I want Halo 5 to be good. I just hope they don't sacrifice so much for pretty aesthetics. Give us good UI, proper MP, and for the love of God make sure that weapons don't disappear in 2 seconds and eliminate all texture and geometry pop-in. It's a little bit disorienting to see textures and environments pieces (like a large boulder) pop out of nowhere.

In other words, make sure it runs as well as Reach did.

Gui_PT

I was so trolled right now you won't believe it.

Since I just got Halo 4 to play when I go back home, I decided to check on the achievements and some troll made a post saying there were MP specific achievements.

Haha, that's a funny troll isn't it guys?

Haha

Since I just got Halo 4 to play when I go back home, I decided to check on the achievements and some troll made a post saying there were MP specific achievements.

Haha

Just wait till you see the challenges Gui. You will laugh your flamin mush off

Madness

Haha

I'll add to your misery and tell you some achievements can be frustrating. You have to get a kill with a warthog while in the air or a split second after. Took me forever. I got it as soon as I stopped trying, just spawned near a warthog on wreckage. Took it into a mancannon, and some guy couldn't get out of the way in time on the hill.

I'll say the landing of a melee from mancannon was difficult to but I got it after a flag melee while bouncing up and down on a grav lift. Why multiplayer achievements still exist I don't know. The only ones that work are the ones that are like win a match on every new map, or win 3 extraction matches on shatter etc. Not only do you promote people actually playing to win, but you don't ruin the game by everyone not actually playing but just picking up turrets over and over to get kills.

Edit: wonder what HaloGAF will be like when the next map pack drops. The last one, kyle outed gray man as a star wolf alt and he went ballistic with photoshops. Then some mink tank guy comes, calls someone a bitch and gets banned and somehow sltpoison/merkin gets caught up in it as well and gets banned.

TheOddOne

Haha
50G - Be in the passenger seat and kill two enemies simultaneously with the DMR, while they are being launched by the man cannon and they must be holding the hammer and have damage boost.

40G – Win 20 iBTB matches only using the BR and not calling in any Ordnance drops, never using a vehicle and never picking up ammo and weapons off enemies.

30G – Lose 20 matches on Wreckage, come in fifth place continuously and always have a minimal k/d of 0.95.

25G – Get 50 AR kills on Longbow while in Camo, in a vehicle, with the driver getting at least 15 splatter kills.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Huh. There was a Halo 3 co-op pack of McFarlane figures at one point that had all 4 of the playable characters. That's kinda cool.

Except the Arbiter is a bright and radiant gold. I wonder if anyone at Bungie is pissed that everyone ever keeps thinking that his armor is gold because of like five press screenshots that were on Sierra 117. I mean, it was at sunset. Anywhere else and his armor is silver.

Arbiter.jpg

It looks gold/yellow on many levels.

Arby needs better armour.

Arbiter_23.jpg

Like this.

Top Bottom