• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Gui_PT

50G - Be in the passenger seat and kill two enemies simultaneously with the DMR, while they are being launched by the man cannon and they must be holding the hammer and have damage boost.

40G – Win 20 iBTB matches only using the BR and not calling in any Ordnance drops, never using a vehicle and never picking up ammo and weapons off enemies.

30G – Lose 20 matches on Wreckage, come in fifth place continuously and always have a minimal k/d of 0.95.

25G – Get 50 AR kills on Longbow while in Camo, in a vehicle, with the driver getting at least 15 splatter kills.

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ram why are you getting rid of your Astros? You were excited to get them.

All this spartan ops talk about how good it's gotten is making me contemplate putting the disk in.

The fact is, it doesn't look silver when you're playing the game. Unless you're paying close attention, it looks dirty gold most of the time.

I don't get what you're saying here. It doesn't matter what the true color is, but it's what it looks like that matters? It's because of the lighting it looks like a dirty gold.

heckfu

Banned
I don't get what you're saying here. It doesn't matter what the true color is, but it's what it looks like that matters? It's because of the lighting it looks like a dirty gold.
If the lighting made it look red I would expect a red figurine of it. I don't care what color something IS if it looks consistently like something else.

If the lighting made it look red I would expect a red figurine of it. I don't care what color something IS if it looks consistently like something else.
Right, but for me it still looks silver most of the time, only covered up by dirt and made look more gold/brown because of the environment.

But what if the lighting made it look red in only certain areas? would you expect two figures?

I understand your point but its a bad one.

The car below has white red pink and blacks on it because of light however if you bought the car and it looked like it does in that image you would be pissed. The armour is a dark silver/grey. Don't make it gold because its looks golden under specific lighting conditions.

Regardless Mcfarlane acknowledged they fucked up because later versions had silver armor

heckfu

Banned
But what if the lighting made it look red in only certain areas? would you expect two figures?

I understand your point but its a bad one.

You clearly don't understand my point lol. I said it consistently looked gold and really didn't know it was silver until today.

You clearly don't understand my point lol. I said it consistently looked gold and really didn't know it was silver until today.

I wasn't gold in Halo 2 by any stretch. I can remember it looking distinctly grey in H3. Maybe my judgement was already clouded from Halo 2.

To me it's always looked silver I had no idea people thought it was gold.

I've never played anything more than I played Halo 2 and I almost assuredly never will. Maybe a decade or so from now, CS: Source will have caught up. Maybe.

I've never played anything more than I played Halo 2 and I almost assuredly never will. Maybe a decade or so from now, CS: Source will have caught up. Maybe.

I wouldn't mind knowing which one I played more. Quake III Arena or Halo 2, possibly Halo 3 because Custom Games + Forge was a match made in heaven.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I've spent countless hours playing Halo 2 than any other Halo game.

If it gets an HD remake, I'll throw my $$ @313.

Lezbehonest, it was probably also your first Halo game. I had the same experience with Halo 1.

Your ire only emboldens me!

Arbiter is pretty much the best character in the Halo universe... And by universe I mean games because I don't read the books.

NOPE. Johnson then Buck a close second.

Overdoziz

Banned
Looking at the 'favourite game trailers this generatin thread’ I see a lot of mentions of the live action trailers.

But I must say, I genuinely forget about the Halo 3 recon trailer, such a great trailer in itself.
Really wish they did more with the Superintendent helping you out. The only thing he does is point you vaguely in the right direction with the billboards and the tiny lights on the roads that light up. If Mombasa Streets was darker and he turned on the lights pointing you in the right direction like in the trailer that would've been cool.

Arby's Armour eh?

I take it as a reflective silver but the discussion indicates Halo 3's lighting adds a certain level of ambiguity.
NOPE. Johnson then Buck a close second.
Buck? Really?
There's not much to him. He's around in a few cutscenes and the last sixth of the game.
Also - the man in love with that monstrosity?

Arbiter is definitely one of the best Halo characters, but I wonder how 343 will use him. :-/

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Arby's Armour eh?

I take it as a reflective silver but the discussion indicates Halo 3's lighting adds a certain level of ambiguity.

Buck? Really?
There's not much to him. He's around in a few cutscenes and the last sixth of the game.
Also - the man in love with that monstrosity?

Buck, really.

Bobba Fett was a very, very minor character in Star Wars, and look at how popular he is.

Arbiter is definitely one of the best Halo characters, but I wonder how 343 will use him. :-/

Hopefully as fuel for a MAC cannon.

Buck, really.

Bobba Fett was a very, very minor character in Star Wars, and look at how popular he is.

Bobba Fett was mysterious. I like Nathan Fillion and all, but his character in ODST talked enough for any mystery to be out (he was also a main character unlike Fett). He was dull and generic as much as Carter in Reach.

Now lets look at Bobba Fett. Awesome armor that no one else has. Doesn't need anything special, just his fucking pistol and jetpack he rarely uses in the original trilogy. He's a mercenary and has no allegiance. Talks to no one if it's not business. That's the qualifications for a badass.

Now let's look at Buck. Standard ODST armor. The most generic white male in the series. Gives orders. Well...that's about it really. I can't even remember one quote from that guy because everything he said was so plain.

Abiter was a bitch; who cares? Halo 2 was the worst Halo.

So that's what you call it...

Let's be honest, H2's campaign was and still is a huge let down. The best thing I can think that the campaign does is be the first time to let you use those energy swords that kicked your ass in the first game.

Let's be honest, H2's campaign was and still is a huge let down. The best thing I can think that the campaign does is be the first time to let you use those energy swords that kicked your ass in the first game.
Those of you halo 2 downers haven't given any good explanations towards why you think the campaign is the worst.

Was its Overall Story? Weapons/Vehicles Sandbox? Campaign Level Designs? What??

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Those of you halo 2 downers haven't given any good explanations towards why you think the campaign is the worst.

Was its Overall Story? Weapons/Vehicles Sandbox? Campaign Level Designs? What??

Stupid swapping between arbiter/chief, shit boss fight, shit ending are the immediate things that come to mind. Oh yeah, and horrid texture pop in.

Top Bottom