• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Mxkev.gif

anyway. double pro is awesome. congrats to everyone involved. looking forward to team throwback

It really is. Propagate those settings across the board, please! I'd like a "pro" option in each gametype that isn't going to be in the Gentleman Slayer playlist.

BTB Pro
Dominion Pro
Flood Pro
Grifball Pro (actually exists, you're practically halfway there if we're talking about population!)

Madness

Not anymore, no

I owe tashi a dollar now :(

I wonder how many people are still actually using that HDDVD drive

I took the drive off once I realized just how shoddy launch 360 hardware was. I was an early hd-dvd adopter, so I still got two standalone players and an lg combo player. I think I got the Xbox drive add-on for like $14 bucks clearance.

Nothing beat the fire sales when hd-dvd flopped. I think I got like 100 movies for under $50.

GrizzNKev

Banned
The best thing about those Destiny screens is the glorious Reach-style UI... but more Earthy I guess? But then more space future tech too. Also did I spot a dinosaur?

It really is. Propagate those settings across the board, please! I'd like a "pro" option in each gametype that isn't going to be in the Gentleman Slayer playlist.

BTB Pro
Dominion Pro
Flood Pro
Grifball Pro (actually exists, you're practically halfway there if we're talking about population!)

just put infiniti into action sack (where it honestly belongs) and the rest becomes slayer pro
halo is saved
gimme my check

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can I have some PM's? I'd PM myself some pics but I'm not cool enough to get into the beta.
PM OzzyOnya A2Z about it. Apparently he's waiting on an NDA to expire tomorrow, but is taking the risk and PMing pics in the mean time.

My sandbox is at 35 weapons right now including grenades.

And that's with the weapon cuts.

why.gif

EDIT: To clarify, 16 are loadout weapons, if you include grenades. There's a precision loadout primary, automatic primary, secondary precision weapon (see magnum), and a secondary automatic per faction.

9 of those are initial ordnance; these are things like the Scattershot and DMR.

10 of those are power weapons, 4 of which double as Personal Ordnance.

tl;dr (lol) it really boils down to ~20 weapons if you don't count grenades; the loadout weapons are balanced to such an extent that they're considered more personal preference, and occupy roughly the same roles.
You should make a full ongoing list of your sandbox with explanations in a Google doc, and link to it. I'm curious about your ideas, but they change so much, hah.

just put infiniti into action sack (where it honestly belongs) and the rest becomes slayer pro
halo is saved
gimme my check

That's the second time today someone has spelled it this way and for some reason I find it more irritating than Color, Flavor, and Center combined. Cheque*

I agree with the Action Sack remark. Just rebrand it Infinity Bonanzaganza.

FyreWulff

Stepped down for personal reasons and also time I had and other reasons.

I nominated Tashi, Cyren and SNIPE316 (of HBO) as CCs, others were also nominated by 343/CCs and there's been a bunch of new CCs added and I believe they're about to make a central thread on Waypoint to submit maps to. Or it might already be up. Can't tell because the forum just errored out on me.

I seem to be the one that does a bunch of internal map updates and adjustments though. Tashi and Cyren haven't been ground into dust by the process yet so they still have the energy to process in community maps.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Stepped down for personal reasons and also time I had and other reasons.

I nominated Tashi, Cyren and SNIPE316 (of HBO) as CCs, others were also nominated by 343/CCs and there's been a bunch of new CCs added and I believe they're about to make a central thread on Waypoint to submit maps to. Or it might already be up. Can't tell because the forum just errored out on me.

I seem to be the one that does a bunch of internal map updates and adjustments though. Tashi and Cyren haven't been ground into dust by the process yet so they still have the energy to process in community maps.

I will never be ground into dust.

What is the most plausible worst-case scenario for the future of Halo, or rather, "next gen"?

--

Turns out the Xbox 720 is a DLC add-on to this puppy.

Those screenshots were pretty sick Ram.

For anyone interested here's some bullet points on the Destiny leak
-Open world much like Skyrim
-MMOFPS
-Instead of doing "missions" for other people, you actually form a squad (can be different factions like bandits, police style mercs, etc) and create your own missions against other squads
-Missions involve raiding bases, sabotaging vehicles, ambushing supply trains, etc
-Guns are set per faction like Planetside 2
-Guns aren't random like Borderlands, they have a role in your squad like Halo 1 (Plasma freeze, precision, CQC, medic, etc)

Can't wait.

This so much. Can you make a game? :(

So, at the end of mission 2 from this weeks Sp Ops the phantom blew up and took out like 3 Covies and a bunch of watchers that were clustered in an area. It was amazing. :lol

I wish it had theater mode. =(

Fotos

So, at the end of mission 2 from this weeks Sp Ops the phantom blew up and took out like 3 Covies and a bunch of watchers that were clustered in an area. It was amazing. :lol

Feel your pain... First week of Spartan Ops I was playing and an Elite glitched to where his head was through the ground and his legs were sticking out while he was still alive.

While jumping off a cliff, a Wraith shot at me in mid-air. I blocked the blast at the last second with my hardlight shield. I then landed directly behind an Elite and assassinated him. No one saw it and it's lost forever...

Yeah. SPARTAN OPS IS RUINED

Regardless, there has been a lack of spoiler tags for Spartan Ops since the second half started. Didn't we agree with a one week rule for each episode?

Nah, I just feel like we go through this every week to spoiler tag even minor stuff. Obviously you don't care but I'd still like to be surprised.

No worries I feel ya bro. Who was that asshat who posted a picture of the last mission in episode 10? Seriously GFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom