• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Mix

they killed halo at the end of spartan ops

DAMMIT.
I hate to admit it. I really do, but there's no way around it. But Halo Multiplayer just isn't my cup of tea anymore. I don't think I'm going to contribute it all to 343, though. Bungie gave it a pretty hard kick in the pants with Reach, and then 343 just took what was bad and made it worse. It really does upset me that my favorite franchise for 12 plus years is going down the toilet. I'll get the next two, but I'm not preordering, no more money on map packs, just campaign playthroughs and that's it for me and Halo...

Feels bad man.

Omni

DAMMIT.
I hate to admit it. I really do, but there's no way around it. But Halo just isn't my cup of tea anymore. I don't think I'm going to contribute it all to 343, though. Bungie gave it a pretty hard kick in the pants with Reach, and then 343 just took what was bad and made it worse. It really does upset me that my favorite franchise for 12 plus years is going down the toilet. I'll get the next two, but I'm not preordering, no more money on map packs, just campaign playthroughs and that's it for me and Halo...

Feels bad man.

Halo isn't 'your cup of tea' and yet you've already made plans to buy the next two games?

Riiiiiiiiight
So that's what Ellis meant, when he said, that there are more than 1 way to approach the Lich?

I guess so! I was in the Warthog just screwing around and just randomly drove onto it. When it blew up I died though. Didn't have enough room to get speed

Havok

Throwdown would probably be nice if it didn't match me with teammates who go 1-15.

I'm not a bad player, Halo. Quit matching me with people who don't know how to aim a reticule, especially when you put me up against a full team of auto-muted 130s.

Throwdown would probably be nice if it didn't match me with teammates who go 1-15.

I'm not a bad player, Halo. Quit matching me with people who don't know how to aim a reticule, especially when you put me up against a full team of auto-muted 130s.

The imagery...

Wait a second, I've beaten all the episodes on Legendary and my epilogue looked a little different than the one on YouTube. Palmer was in a tank top instead of her undersuit and there was an Engineer or two in the bridge with Lasky, for one.

That and following
Halsey's "revenge," Jul goes "You will have your revenge... once we retrieve the Index." and Halsey does a soap opera surprised face, and it cuts to a scene of the Covenant fleet heading towards Installation 03 with the space monks chiming in for just a brief second.

Omni

Wait a second, I've beaten all the episodes on Legendary and my epilogue looked a little different than the one on YouTube. Palmer was in a tank top instead of her undersuit and there was an Engineer or two in the bridge with Lasky, for one.

That and following
Halsey's "revenge," Jul goes "You will have your revenge... once we retrieve the Index." and Halsey does a soap opera surprised face, and it cuts to a scene of the Covenant fleet heading towards Installation 03 with the space monks chiming in for just a brief second.

I thought you were serious. And then I remembered that the UNSC already has Gamma Halo's activation index. :(

Talents

Banned
So much mad in this thread.

Also can someone explain the SPOP's story to me and why Halsey wants revenge? I haven't played so I have no idea.

Havok

I managed to get three Throwdown games in and now somebody has quit out of the lobby every time we've tried since.

It's 2013, if you're going to disable JIP (a good thing in this case), you need to restart matchmaking to find another player when one drops out before the game even starts. Should have been a standard feature in Reach, and in each of them back to Halo 2.

blamite

Also can someone explain the SPOP's story to me and why Halsey wants revenge? I haven't play so I have no idea.

Don't bother playing, just go here and watch the CG episodes. They're actually not too bad, until now, at least.
I managed to get three Throwdown games in and now somebody has quit out of the lobby every time we've tried since.

It's 2013, if you're going to disable JIP (a good thing in this case), you need to restart matchmaking to find another player when one drops out before the game even starts. Should have been a standard feature in Reach, and in each of them back to Halo 2.

If it doesn't already, Throwdown definitely needs a much harsher quit penalty, and this needs to be very clearly communicated tot he player.

i6CVAqgFzm1pd.png

That was no sun, it was a portal.

Omni

Also can someone explain the SPOP's story to me and why Halsey wants revenge? I haven't play so I have no idea.

Halsey was arrested for 'kidnapping' a few Spartans on ONYX. When in custody, for some unknown reason ONI was looking for a scapegoat for the SII program and blamed it entirely on her. After some time had passed (~5 years) she was then sent to the Infinity to analyse a Forerunner artefact that Crimson team had found. All during this everyone was bitching about how she's a war criminal and Hitler 2.0, conveniently ignoring the fact that ONI sent hundreds of SIIIs on blatant suicide missions during the war.

While she was on the Infinity, it was invaded by Promethans who kidnapped her under Jul's orders (an Elite who commands the Storm faction and is after Forerunner tech to wipe out humanity... but ironically needs Halsey to help achieve that). ONI sees this as an escape attempt and orders her elimination. Halsey gets shot in the arm while trying to help the UNSC, and then gets all pissy and wants revenge.

That's mostly the gist of it.

Talents

Banned
Halsey was arrested for 'kidnapping' a few Spartans on ONYX. When in custody, for some unknown reason ONI was looking for a scapegoat for the SII program and blamed it entirely on her. After some time had passed (~5 years) she was then sent to the Infinity to analyse a Forerunner artefact that Crimson team had found. All during this everyone was bitching about how she's a war criminal and Hitler 2.0, conveniently ignoring the fact that ONI sent hundreds of SIIIs on blatant suicide missions during the war.

While she was on the Infinity, it was invaded by Promethans who kidnapped her under Jul's orders (an Elite who commands the Storm faction and is after Forerunner tech to wipe out humanity... but ironically needs Halsey to help achieve that). ONI sees this as an escape attempt and orders her elimination. Halsey gets shot in the arm while trying to help the UNSC, and then gets all pissy and wants revenge.

That's mostly the gist of it.

Thanks.

Madness

I thought 343 Industries was created to oversee the future of the franchise. To make sure they hired people who understood Halo and what it meant as a story and game.

All they've done is manage to make some of their most loyal and hardcore fans get upset and ditch the game altogether.

Think about it, Ghaleon no longer wants to ever do a Halo OT again, had a big giveaway of a lot of his Halo stuff.

Madness

What was wrong with the ending of Spartan Ops? Pretty salty in here because of it.

They amputated Halsey's arm, turned her evil seeking revenge against ONI/UNSC, she's working with the elites, blew up Requiem which means likely end of Cortana and possibly librarian.

Moa

They amputated Halsey's arm, turned her evil seeking revenge against ONI/UNSC, she's working with the elites, blew up Requiem which means likely end of Cortana and possibly librarian.

I don't honestly see anything wrong with that, the UNSC & ONI have treated her like shit for years now, forgetting what she did probably saved the entire human race in 2552/3.

We already knew Cortana was gone, and the Librarian made it pretty clear that Requiem's time was at an end.

Also, she was shot in the shoulder, likely right on a nerve, of course they are going to amputate her arm.

broony

Wasn't cortana on The Didact's ship rather than requiem? Could she not have used the forerunner network anyway.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I have yet to play part two of this season but this all sounds decent actually. A lot of interesting things for Halo 5 at the very least. Was it just how they went about it?

papercamm

Which elites? The ones loyal to the covenant or the separatists?

Moa

They amputated below the gunshot. Makes no sense.

I don't understand how the body works in terms of nerves, but I'll guess that the damaged nerve made the whole arm unuseable, the gunshot was really high up her arm, it was probably a lot safer to just amputate what they could.

Madness

I don't honestly see anything wrong with that, the UNSC & ONI have treated her like shit for years now, forgetting what she did probably saved the entire human race in 2552/3.

We already knew Cortana was gone, and the Librarian made it pretty clear that Requiem's time was at an end.

Also, she was shot in the shoulder, likely right on a nerve, of course they are going to amputate her arm.

You don't see anything wrong with turning a fan favorite evil and wanting revenge? Everything she did was for humanity and now she's working against them. If you go by the games, she was around to help rebuild and re-terraform Reach. And now, she's working with the elites? Might as well say fuck it and have Chief go and start shooting humans too. It's a dark turn for the series.

When did they treat her like shit? Halsey was literally a mother to most Spartans and well respected. It was 343 and that bullshit writer Traviss that tried to turn her into the next Hitler.

Whatever, this just means whatever interest I had in the story is done. A damn shame too. Prop up bullshit characters like Sarah Palmer and demonize Halsey/Spartan-II's.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You don't see anything wrong with turning a fan favorite evil and wanting revenge? Everything she did was for humanity and now she's working against them. If you go by the games, she was around to help rebuild and re-terraform Reach. And now, she's working with the elites? Might as well say fuck it and have Chief go and start shooting humans too. It's a dark turn for the series.

When did they treat her like shit? Halsey was literally a mother to most Spartans and well respected. It was 343 and that bullshit writer Traviss that tried to turn her into the next Hitler.

Whatever, this just means whatever interest I had in the story is done. A damn shame too. Prop up bullshit characters like Sarah Palmer and demonize Halsey/Spartan-II's.

The Elites are evil now? Are we talking the rogue bad Elites? After Halo 3 they were on humanity's side. Unless she's working with Elite terrorists I don't see the issue. She leaves the UNSC and works with the ally Elites?

UNSC always gave her shit for the sketchy Spartan II program. Spartans loved her, but ONI did not.

Top Bottom