• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

GrizzNKev

Banned
Weren't we promised file share info in this bulletin...

tumblr_lmrsj0eI2h1qii6tmo1_400.gif

mYAU4.png

I'm not even upset at this anymore. It's a fact of life.

Enfinit

Junior jokes are like legitimately using "YOLO" or "swag" in daily conversation.

Also, the bulletin was yet another disappointment. Where's the file share information? When's the ranking system coming? What's the word on Team Doubles? Why the hell do I need to read a half-season recap of Spartan Ops when I played the damn thing myself? Guess they were low on content this week.

I used to be such a fan of the bulletins. Now it's just increasing levels of disappointment.

willow ve

From the bulletin "discuss" thread on Waypoint.

Which suggested topic and user question did you address?

BS Angel said:
I selected a question that I wasn't able to get an answer for, unfortunately. I'm hoping to have it in time for next week's Bulletin, though.

So she thought she was getting info on Fileshare, but no one has that info, ergo she didn't mention it in the bulletin.

"Coming Soon" should be added to the cannon of "Trust Us" and "Feels Like Halo"

Lol I cant believe I read most of the bulletin and skipped over the H2V killing section.

And no file share announcement.

I give that bulletin a 0/10.

malfcn

This is my order of best to worst specializations.

Wetwork - Hate PM, and love being a ninja?
Tracker - Love ordinance, but hate the drop? Pick again.
Rogue - The stability is pretty nice, but the flinching can be overcame.
Engineer - If you have to have that power weapon. Could turn the tide if it is a 1sk or splash weapon.
Operator - If driving is your thing, could be huge.
Pathfinder - Turrets aren't the big a part of the game. On a warthog it's nice, but plasma kills the vehicle too fast.
Stalker - The red X is so short and the maps are easy to navigate with instant respawn.
Pioneer - Once it is done, it is useless.

Personally, I don't use any of these. And ordering is subject to my mood, and the individual user.

FyreWulff

IF this is an issue of manpower, they just need to create the Halo legacy sustain position. This would be an employee that would be in charge of every Halo title as it passes into it's long tail of support. More of an overwatch/maintenance position.

So this Legacy Sustain Producer would be in charge of:

- Maintaining the server that runs Halo 2's match server by unplugging it for 30 seconds and plugging it back in every month
- Maintaining the Halo 3 playlists (adjusting things to keep match times usable, trimming dead playlists)
- Maintaining the Halo Reach playlists (same as Halo 3)
- Maintaining Halo Wars
- Maintaining Halo 4 when the next game comes out

Since they wouldn't be making wild and major changes, they could rotate the updates for each (ie, update Halo 3 one month, update Reach the other).

Also made a gaming side thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46539782#post46539782

Computer

From the bulletin "discuss" thread on Waypoint.

So she thought she was getting info on Fileshare, but no one has that info, ergo she didn't mention it in the bulletin.

"Coming Soon" should be added to the cannon of "Trust Us" and "Feels Like Halo"

It would be fucked up if the really can not get file share to work in the game for some reason and they just do not want to admit it lol.

Thermite

I'm surprised you had time to pull your hands out from Domino's pants to type that post.

See you on Dota in a bit?

lol, please, Omlet is the one that wants his hands down my pants. I kinda tend to have that affect on people, though. Like you, for example, you can't handle all the pressures of Dota without having Eazyb or myself there to guide you along every step of the way.

Pop

Tune in next week we'll discuss file shares that we should have discussed about this week...

and then the following week

Well tune in next week to discuss "our philosophy" towards matchmaking...

Tune in next week

Next week

Weeks

That's all we ever hear is false promises from 343i, we're always waiting until next week like they're just dragging some of you along. I got off that train along time ago and have no hope for the future of Halo. Makes me sad actually.

To be fair at least Bravo admitted that Harvest was misrepresented and that the new small maps are actually small.

bsangel also admitted that in the forums.

--

I awarded a half-point to spartan ops r6 trailer because of the recap and the screenshot, and I considered awarding half points to the ones that were mentioned to be elaborated on in a future bulletin/neek weeks bulletin, but... Only one half-point gets to be awarded, since it's BINGO after all. Pretty much a fail grade this week.

Open tray, insert CoD.

This bulletin really left me disappointed... The only "news" news was bad news.

Open tray, continue to use my Xbox to watch Netflix and HBO.
IF this is an issue of manpower, they just need to create the Halo legacy sustain position. This would be an employee that would be in charge of every Halo title as it passes into it's long tail of support. More of an overwatch/maintenance position.

So this Legacy Sustain Producer would be in charge of:

- Maintaining the server that runs Halo 2's match server by unplugging it for 30 seconds and plugging it back in every month
- Maintaining the Halo 3 playlists (adjusting things to keep match times usable, trimming dead playlists)
- Maintaining the Halo Reach playlists (same as Halo 3)
- Maintaining Halo Wars
- Maintaining Halo 4 when the next game comes out

Since they wouldn't be making wild and major changes, they could rotate the updates for each (ie, update Halo 3 one month, update Reach the other).

Also made a gaming side thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46539782#post46539782

Agreed, how is this not a thing?

In general (not just Halo), these AAA MP games are pitched and sold as a continuous experience of new content and updated online services, and yet most of them are not delivered upon from that perspective.

Omni

So will we be able to get campaign achievements once H2:V gets knocked off? Still have to go through on Legendary.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lol, please, Omlet is the one that wants his hands down my pants. I kinda tend to have that affect on people, though. Like you, for example, you can't handle all the pressures of Dota without having Eazyb or myself there to guide you along every step of the way.

I do it to entertain you turds, don't forget that. My support is unmatched. Ask whoever lanes with me.

IHaveIce

Banned
So will we be able to get campaign achievements once H2:V gets knocked off? Still have to go through on Legendary.

If you just care for the achievement, there is a way with altering the campaign map files.

You just start the campaign and peng.. Legendary finished.

Really easy from what I've seen in a video

Blissful

Neo Member
343 really needs to stop baby feeding us information. The game is out, so there should be no need to hide shit. If the company is going to promote itself as community oriented, then start demonstrating it. I am really tired of waiting on every bulletin, just to be disappointed that no word is said about the skilled ranking system. It is an important factor in Halo MM that has been taken away. Recognize that 343 and start getting your shit together.

/rant

That bulletin sucked. Why take down the Halo 2 servers? Nobody thinks they are going to produce any kind of Halo 2 MP after Halo 4 right? You are getting Maps in Halo 4. I think Halo 2 anniversary will launch for both Xbox's.

I bought Borderlands 2 to hold me over until Halo 4 and I have switched back to Borderlands.

I mean, this update was alright. Gave us Spartan Ops info (for those who care I guess). New specializations being unlocked for the plebeians. Halo 2 shutting down, which I think we should be pointing the finger at Microsoft on this one.

I just wish they would fucking stop lying to us. bsangle said straight up (not a hint) that file share was going to be in this update. It was no where. The lack of TU info is one thing, but why lie? Fuck I don't get it

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If 343 / Microsoft can find the resources to cut off Halo 2 PC, they can find the resources to update and consolidate Reach's and 3's playlists, right?

Omni

So, does anybody wanna boost achievements in Halo 2 Vista while we still can?

Seriously?
Yes.

I actually still need to get a few. Never bothered to play through and finish campaign on anything higher than normal, so that's going to be the biggest one for me.

• Hero
    Complete the game on Heroic difficulty

Legend
    Complete the game on Legendary difficulty

King of the Scarab
    Acquire the Scarab gun on the Metropolis level, any difficulty

Violent Cartographer
    Play every available default map and stay in each game until it’s over

Rainman
    Play every available game variant, with at least 3 other players, to the end of each game

Triple Kill
    Kill 3 opponents within 4 seconds

Killtacular
    Kill 4 opponents within 4 seconds

Decorated Soldier
    Get awarded at least 8 different medals in one non-team game

Pop

I think it's time for me to take a break from this forum, I know you all won't care but I have no further discussion on Halo. Halo is heading down a terrible path and if things start getting brighter I'll return.

Peace out everyone.

Top Bottom