• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

willow ve

We just got a weekly bulletin that:

-Recapped the first season of spartan ops (WHY)
-Said theres a playlist coming next week
-2 specializations unlocked
-Mentioned Halo 2 Vista is being killed

el oh el

And on top of that you can't comment in the thread that is specifically created for discussion of the bulletin over on the Waypoint forums. You can't make this shit up.

The question is will the mess with H2 if they do a anniversary release?

Super bouncing and button combos being patched I am ok with...but anything else...

Calling it now. H2 Anniversary will NOT contain multiplayer. It will be campaign only.

Well if it matters...

We'll be hearing about the sandbox altering TU next week...

Seriously doubt it. BS Angel tweeted, today, that we would hear about the Fileshare in the bulletin (also today). That didn't happen.

zap

First they came for Halo 2,
and I didn't speak out because I wanted a bigger friend list.

Then they came for the Halo 1 MP,
and I didn't speak out because Halo Reach MP would have the pistol.

Then they came for Halo 2 PC,
and I didn't speak out because I don't play on PC.

Then they came for Halo 3,
and there was no one left to speak for Halo 3.

u4iX

"You are a child of my makers; inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner, but this ring... is mine." -343 Guilty Spark

Fitting.

Well if it matters...

You sure about that?

So, based on what they've said so far, Team Regicide is basically a permanent playlist at this point. It doesn't appear to be in the plans to removed it this month or next, it will run at least 3 months, now with a very low population. Could you get back King of the Hill in its place, you know, one of the core launch playlists that has commendations and such? Or Extraction?

people who think cod is easy because you can kill people in less shots than it takes to kill someone in halo are clueless

with that logic I guess railgun matches in Q3A are even easier than COD since you can get kills in 1 hit, move faster, and you have more precise controls with a mouse and keyboard

I think movement speed and lag compensation are the main issues, not the kill times. Quake was probably more of a skill-based game despite how beefy some of the weapons were because everyone was hopping around like crack-addled rabbits.

also,

tC7FJ.png

Included topics in this Bulletin:

• Summary of the first half of Spartan Ops Season 1 (including a brand new video, stats, and a fiction summary penned by Brian Reed, franchise writer and author of Spartan Ops Season 1)
  • Next Week's Matchmaking Playlist Update (five new Spartan Ops missions, "Community Forge Test” playlist, and the unlocking of two new Specializations: Pioneer and Pathfinder)
  • Halo 2(Vista) is dead, again. (February 15)
  • TU talk next week

And it’s on…

Computer

What the hell I just bought Halo 2 Vista a few days ago I haven't even got it yet and they are shutting it off? I bought it to get the fuck away from Halo 4 now what do I do 343 is ruining my life!

Thermite

lol @ killing Halo 2 vista, DON'T WORRY GUYS 343 CARES xDDD

I was actually considering purchasing H2V to scratch the occasional Halo itch I get from time to time. So glad I decided not to pick it up now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I need to get a copy of windows again before the 15th.
Yeah, I have a copy, but nothing to play it on. :-(

The question is will the mess with H2 if they do a anniversary release?

Super bouncing and button combos being patched I am ok with...but anything else...
Yeah, same. I really hope they make it happen, with full online multiplayer.

blamite

Well if it matters...

Has anyone specifically said that? Because "a few other topics I know many of you have been requesting updates about," could easily just be File Shares and consolidating Halo 3's playlists (down to zero).

Havok

Yeah I did. That in no way confirms TU talk, especially given their recent history in what information they've been sharing.
Even if it is TU talk, I seriously doubt there'll be anything specific. I expect a lot of generalities about what their sustain goals are going forward.
lol @ killing Halo 2 vista, DON'T WORRY GUYS 343 CARES xDDD

I was actually considering purchasing H2V to scratch the occasional Halo itch I get from time to time. So glad I decided not to pick it up now.
"We love you, Halo 2 PC, and you will remain forever in our hearts."

Number of Halo 2 achievements tracked on any version of Halo Waypoint in history: 0.

Well it sure is a major hint.

That doesn't imply TU talk at all for me to be frank. Sustain strategy change is clearly not TU, just a change in their playlist strategies (more than one gametype per playlist coming perhaps?), and other stuff could be any number of things, the most likely being fileshares.

Yeah I did. That in no way confirms TU talk, especially given their recent history in what information they've been sharing.

Well...
"Tune in next week when we’ll be discussing our slightly adjusted Matchmaking sustain philosophy, along with a few other topics I know many of you have been requesting updates about"

So far it can be:
  • Skill Ranking System
  • Fileshare
  • Theater in campaing/spartan ops?
  • Lack of custom options
  • Majestic DLC

Fileshare almost certainly will be fixed with a TU. Just have hope they will do changes to the sandbox.

Computer

along with a few other topics I know many of you have been requesting updates about. Until then…

In the mind of 343 they think we want to know the latest on the Infinity Challenge.

Sorry guys, don't mean to be Debbie downer here, but given that statement, the TU's likely time frame for release, and their time frames for when they've been talking about things since launch, I do not expect any significant TU talk in next week's bulletin.

You'll thank me next Wednesday.

willow ve

Who here honestly thinks that Halo 2 Anniversary will have multiplayer support over Xbox Live? Seriously. Odds are it will be a ~$40 campaign only release.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sorry guys, don't mean to be Debbie downer here, but given that statement, the TU's likely time frame for release, and their time frames for when they've been talking about things since launch, I do not expect any significant TU talk in next week's bulletin.

No they won't.

They do this every week.

IHaveIce

Banned

Yep. According to the tweets I would place my bet on Fileshare.. but even then I wouldn't count on anything.

And yeah the last daysofHalo 3 will be crazy .. I won't get offline :(

Computer

They forgot to tell people that MLG kicked Halo 4's ass to the curb for CoD in the bulletin must of slipped their mind.

Top Bottom