• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Fotos

We were supposed to slap around Unicron's drunk wife?

EDIT: So, I got the best idea ever. What if GAF was a feudal/neo-renaissance style society with dedicated regions or clans? Like, say, the Clan of Cats and Pizza?

They'd wield pizza cutters and have little cat/pizza insignias similar to the sun knights of Dark Souls.

You have a lot of weird ideas.

Ghazi

Changing the bitmaps of the Earth during the last level. My friend actually did those two, I just thought they were cool

Ahh ok, man there must be so much crap they left out of this game. Considering everything you've found there must be so much you haven't.

CyReN

Kwberly.jpg

via reddit.

So, you guys know the achievement for carrying a UNSC weapon all the way through Forerunner on Heroic?

...it's easy as fuck. You can literally cheese every encounter except for your first Knight fight. It's just a matter of placing grenades right at the generators and relying on both Banshees on the infamous optional flying section. You just bomb the generators from the air, swap out your banged-up Banshee for the fresh one on the hill after two generators, and just fly up to the exit.

Halo 4 is shaping up to be the most cheeseable campaign since Halo 2 - maybe even more so.

kylej

Banned
what the fuck at that dude in the snuggie. jesus christ. that's a "I work at a used record store" haircut if i've ever seen one

Fuchsdh

Maybe it's just me but ODST was the longest first campaign runthrough for me - to be fair I was going through on Legendary on my first run and switched to Normal at the Banshee segment, though.

Halo 4 by far was the fastest at six and a half hours on Heroic.

I'd say it's just you. That said ODST is not that short either. Based on repeated normal playthroughs it's about 3 hours through, with Coastal Highway and Data Hive actually as long as normal Halo missions. Ramping it up to legendary makes things a bit more intense but personally I find it the easiest to complete.

heckfu

Banned
Been thinking the same but that series turns into a convoluted mess of lose ends and open ended storylines and its putting me off.

We'll fight. All the 'lose' ends and open ended storylines either get clarified or have a cathartic ending.

Such a fantastic series.

kylej

Banned
Series jumped the shark when they introduced the back half of the plane. Should've kept it to the strong core characters.

We'll fight. All the 'lose' ends and open ended storylines either get clarified or have a cathartic ending.

Such a fantastic series.

I could have sworn I was the only one who thought this. Thank you fellow beardman. For me, the episode where
Desmond and Penny are reunited through not only space, but also time and *timelines* is pure class.

On a different note, this is a side effect of Majestic FFA perfections:

5tUvmJ6.png

heckfu said:
and the back half of the plane is integral, KYLE.

TIL kyle doesn't get it.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'm really hoping the VTOL and Siege Bike will be in Castle. Siege? Castle? Might just be a coincidence, but hopefully not. We need an UNSC flying vehicle.

kylej

Banned
Isn't the smoke monster the thing behind the whole island. I stopped watching it after the season where they go forward in the future at the end and what's his name tries to jump off a bridge.

Aja is a great Steely Dan album btw

What would you guys consider to be 2 even but different power weapons? Excluding snipers.

Hammer/Sword
Shotgun/Scattershot
SAW/Needler
Railgun/Sticky Detonator/Concussion Rifle
Rockets/Fuel Rod Gun
Boltshot/Halo CE Pistol

Anyone want to hop on for some Halo 4 Legendary? I need Dawn, Forerunner, Infinity, and Reclaimer.

u4iX

Halo Rockets and Sniper have always been a staple of, to use a horrible phrase, separate but equal.

They both serve two different roles, in the position of two power weapons, with equal effectiveness.

Also, I don't think weapon redundancy is necessary, in fact its the biggest turn off for me in terms of sandbox design in multiplayer games.

Shadowrun, Halo: CE, and Quake do weapon sandboxes near perfect.

I'm really hoping the VTOL and Siege Bike will be in Castle. Siege? Castle? Might just be a coincidence, but hopefully not. We need an UNSC flying vehicle.
I would find it weird if they named a vehicle as a designation of aircraft. "Let me get in that vertical take-off and landing!" Huh?

Isn't the smoke monster the thing behind the whole island. I stopped watching it after the season where they go forward in the future at the end and what's his name tries to jump off a bridge.

Aja is a great Steely Dan album btw
Not sure where that came from, but fuck yes it is.

TCKaos

Halo Rockets and Sniper have always been a staple of, to use a horrible phrase, separate but equal.

They both serve two different roles, in the position of two power weapons, with equal effectiveness.

Also, I don't think weapon redundancy is necessary, in fact its the biggest turn off for me in terms of sandbox design in multiplayer games.

Shadowrun, Halo: CE, and Quake do weapon sandboxes near perfect.

So if Halo is Space Plessy v. Ferguson, what is Space Brown v. Board? Call of Duty?

We've given all of the weapons equality, but at what cost?

I'll show myself out.

Top Bottom