• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Sparth posted this on his tumblr:

Tags: artists on tumblr, sparth, concept art, halo, halo 4, microsoft, 343 industries, Certain Affinity.

That's Longbow.

Like I've said before, the easiest identifier for CA maps is whether or not they support Dominion by default. Meaning we currently have:

Longbow
Exile
Vortex
Meltdown
Ragnarok (lol)
Shatter? (Haven't tried it yet)

As maps made by CA, in addition to the canvases and their default layouts - meaning that at launch it was a 8-5 split in CA's favor, or an even 5-5 if you don't count Forge canvases.

Ragnarok was not meant to be a launch map, meaning it was likely planned as the one DLC remake.

My theory is that 343 planned on making the 10 launch maps and CA would handle the forge canvases and all DLC. However, surprise surprise, CA had their first map pack done in time first - the hypothetical Crimson Dominion map pack. 343's final 3 maps weren't ready to be shipped (Harvest was planned to be a launch map and it was one of the earliest maps developed) so they had to shuffle things around a bit, resulting in Crimson DLC having Wreckage, Harvest, and Shatter with the "exclusive" Extraction playlist, despite the fact that Extraction was developed in-house.

Now, what makes more sense from this standpoint if everyone had gotten their work done: 10 starting maps including Harvest and excluding Ragnarok with the first launch being a mid-sized Dominion Map Pack complete with the exclusive paywalled Dominion playlist (meaning that the DLC playlist would also only have one gametype) including Exile, Vortex, and Longbow or Meltdown, or the setup we have now?

This may also be why we have a few maps with similar themes to blame; 343 had to publish the DLC map descriptions months in advance to release, meaning that an "urban infantry-focused playspace" may have shown up in the launch maps, but they had to do it again because that was their DLC schedule.

I know people have talked about using Spartan Ops to give us sneak perks on DLC multiplayer maps as well; wouldn't it make sense that they tried doing that with Vortex or even Complex, but their deadline flub caused it to seem more like a rehash?

kylej

Banned
Team Throwdown is better than Reach, maybe even 3.

maybe.

jpwWrWN.jpg

kylej

Banned
lets ship him back to certain affinity, pack them all up into a giant box, and shoot that box towards jupiter

PS4 = graphical, computational, AMAZING games

xb3 = kinect, ads, kinect, current gen+ graphics

That is all.

HALO 5 looking less and less enticing. So sad.

kylej

Banned
Why put any effort into that when they can just re-sell the games in their online store.

more like I'd rather have 8 gigs of ram for X price than backwards compatibility and 4 gigs of ram for X price. if old games are that important go trade a loaf of bread for a ps2 and buy the games for a nickel

Raise your hand if you honestly believe that footage of Killzone is technically (not art style) superior to the Crysis series. I don't think it is, but I think it's going to amaze those console players who have no idea where the PC graphics benchmark is at.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

So much for small competitive maps...

Landfall should never be seen outside of BTB.

Monolith and Skyline could be great if they didn't have the stupid bases outside of the arena area. Competitive leagues will block them off and then, the maps will be genuinely amazing. Well, compared to what else is in Reach 2 anyway.

And the maps are still huge because apparently sprint is a must have feature...

It makes the game faster! But the maps have to be gigantic to accommodate it...

ElRenoRaven

Well I think unless Microsoft pulls off a Miracle it's PS4 for me. Destiny and Diablo 3. Exclusive Destiny content and all the developers seem overjoyed with what Sony's doing.

Ramirez

Raise your hand if you honestly believe that footage of Killzone is technically (not art style) superior to the Crysis series. I don't think it is, but I think it's going to amaze those console players who have no idea where the PC graphics benchmark is at.

Come off it, good grief, lol.

I'm willing to bet there will be exclusive Destiny content on both next-gen consoles. Microsoft loves doing that exclusive DLC shit and I don't see them overlooking their best buds.

Mix

This Microhard is now a Sony fanboy.

It makes me sad that there is exclusive content, but I'm happy it's on the system I'll be playing on ;)

This Microhard is now a Sony fanboy.

It makes me sad that there is exclusive content, but I'm happy it's on the system I'll be playing on ;)

Exclusive content can mean "we're making something for ps4 and something else for xbox". Ya its exclusive, doesnt mean xbox wont get any. They worded that perfectly.

Exclusive content can mean "we're making something for ps4 and something else for xbox". Ya its exclusive, doesnt mean xbox wont get any. They worded that perfectly.

yea honestly the "exclusive content" will probably be weapon skins or something to dress up your character with. glad destiny was what they used to close out the show, i was pretty excited to see it

Damn good conference in minen eyes.
Exclusive Destiny content could be a good swinger for which version to get.

Although why Bungie had 4 people stand akwardly on stage is beyond me.

Dirtbag

yea honestly the "exclusive content" will probably be weapon skins or something to dress up your character with. glad destiny was what they used to close out the show, i was pretty excited to see it

I dont.

You don't have a conference closing comment about weapon skins.
I'm guessing multiplayer maps, or a raid, or something along those lines.

Top Bottom