• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Gui_PT

Damn good conference in minen eyes.
Exclusive Destiny content could be a good swinger for which version to get.

Although why Bungie had 4 people stand akwardly on stage is beyond me.

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

I dont.

You don't have a conference closing comment about weapon skins.
I'm guessing multiplayer maps, or a raid, or something along those lines.

Ya and xbox will have different ones. You actually believe Bungie of all people wont have anything for xbox? Come ooooooon. If its a money hat issue, i guarantee you MS has got that covered months ago.

Ya and xbox will have different ones. You actually believe Bungie of all people wont have anything for xbox? Come ooooooon. If its a money hat issue, i guarantee you MS has got that covered months ago.
Defeats the point of having it be exclusive. MS have been doing it with CoD for years.

Defeats the point of having it be exclusive. MS have been doing it with CoD for years.

No, THAT content is exclusive. Exclusive means youll play that specific content on our console. Doesnt mean the other console cant have something different. Thats still considered exclusive.

Youre comparing 2 completely different games.

No, THAT content is exclusive. Exclusive means youll play that on our console. Doesnt mean the other console cant have something different. Thats still considered exclusive.
Sure, but my point is, Activision did one system content exclusivity with CoD, why is it inconceivable they wouldn't do it with Destiny?
If they would do both systems having exclusive content, why didn't they do that with CoD? Why leave that money on the table then?

Sure, but my point is, Activision did one system content exclusivity with CoD, why is it inconceivable they wouldn't do it with Destiny?
If they would do both systems having exclusive content, why didn't they do that with CoD? Why leave that money on the table then?

Its conceivable but highly improbable for 2 reasons, MS has more money for that shit and its Bungie which do have very close ties to MS. I for one dont believe MS let Bungie go without having frist bids on something Bungie does next. That would be a complete shocker.

Ill believe that when i see it officially.

Computer

Anyone think that Microsoft will show anything or talk about their biggest exclusive "Halo 5" at their conference?

Anyone think that Microsoft will show anything or talk about their biggest exclusive "Halo 5" at their conference?
No.
Just like Sony didn't wheel out Uncharted or God of War. The time for focusing on the new and giving the games that just came out a breather, for a debut in a year or two is now.

willow ve

Three hour expo about the PS4 where they don't ever show the console, talk about the specs, release date, or price.

In other news - the one night this week I get for gaming and Xbox has yet another system update. Is this the race to feature parity with PSN starting early?
by that I mean the constant updates - not changing of any services

Its conceivable but highly improbable for 2 reasons, MS has more money for that shit and its Bungie which do have very close ties to MS. I for one dont believe MS let Bungie go without having frist bids on something Bungie does next. That would be a complete shocker.

Ill believe that when i see it officially.
Fair enough, but I think you're misreading the Bungie MS "relationship".
But they wheeled out Killzone and Infamous... lol.
Yeah, B-tier titles, in that they don't have the appeal or success level of Uncharted or God of War. And have had more of a break than those series (same with Halo).
E.g. Alan Wake 2 would be a good bet for the MS unveiling.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I love that Marty was there for no reason. :p

Xbox should have some Halo game. Not Halo 5 though.

EDIT: Would be awesome if they did a new Xbox version of Halo 4 and gave it to anyone who owned Halo 4 (and played it on live) the new version free as a download.

willow ve

On Halo 4; has anyone been getting the warning of "Please make sure that you're connected to Xbox Live and have the War Games pass downloaded" every time you restart the game?

Sofa King

Call of Duty is not comparable. You could maybe get away with a retro map being a bonus console specific map. In Destiny you can simply add on a part of, say, Uranus and give a mission that grants access to a unique weapon variant not found on the Xbox.

Computer

I really hope the Xbox specs where fake 8 gb DDR3 will be smoked by Sony's 8 GB DDR5 Microsoft best step there game up literally.

CoD is a much different game. The only DLC people care about are maps. What other DLC is there to split? Weapon skins over maps? As long has MS has a timed exclusive on the map packs, there's no other CoD DLC that could want people to lean toward the PS version.

Destiny is a whole new beast. It already seems that it's the type of game that will rely on customization more than anything, and we all know what that means nowadays. Retail and console exclusives everywhere for character skins, armor, weapons skins, and weapons themselves. There's going to be a much larger playground of DLC for Destiny because it's the type of game that supports it. And judging by MS's history on loving exclusive DLC, I doubt they overlooked their best friend's new IP.

Maybe they learned and that's what they're doing now.

On Destiny-dlc:
Nextbox could still get the exclusive CoD dlc and PS4 get the (smaller) exclusive Destiny dlc.

B-tier? I may agree, but Sony definitely doesn't. Killzone is Sonys Halo.
B-tier in terms of critical reception, mass market appeal and monetary success. AAA in terms of cost.

Fair enough, but I think you're misreading the Bungie MS "relationship".

Maybe now, but think about this hypothetical situation: This gaming company that you own want to go independent. You own them. What would you ask in return for their independence? Just Halo? Or Halo and something big in whatever they do next? If im in that position, id ask for a tad more than just Halo and im willing to bet that MS did too.

I expect a much bigger Bungie presence at MSs conference at E3. Guaranteed.

kylej

Banned
Harold Ryan, when you're presenting at the end of a huge conference, don't wear a blazer that you bought off the rack. C'mon son.

heckfu

Banned
Harold Ryan, when you're presenting at the end of a huge conference, don't wear a blazer that you bought off the rack. C'mon son.

Marty's face suggests he's plotting on how to team up with Donald Trump to secure a 'certain President's' college records.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

That guy is such a fucking baller he could have literally dropped a bucket of diarrhea over his head before he walked out and it wouldn't have mattered.

That guy is such a fucking baller he could have literally dropped a bucket of diarrhea over his head before he walked out and it wouldn't have mattered.

No can do. Studio used up all their buckets of diarrhea on their last game. There. That was it--my last Reach dig.

IHaveIce

Banned
Three hour expo about the PS4 where they don't ever show the console, talk about the specs, release date, or price.

In other news - the one night this week I get for gaming and Xbox has yet another system update. Is this the race to feature parity with PSN starting early?
by that I mean the constant updates - not changing of any services

They talked about specs and they shown the release window.
Yeah what a shame they decided to show games and features instead of showing how the console looks.

Really who cares how this think looks. And the price rarely gets announced when you reveal a console I think, they will do it at E3.

Also why is Gui banned?

kylej

Banned
tashi if you and harold ryan were alone in the desert and he got bit in the penis by a poisonous snake would you suck the poison out to save his life

Top Bottom