• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

IHaveIce

Banned
I have no problem with handling this stuff with the Personal Ordnance system, but getting a new roll after every kill? Seriously?

And also they should remove the perks from it.. Ammo will the go to perk for this list.

Omni

Im pretty sure Halo 3 action sack had fiesta in it, and while Halo 3 did have some fun gametypes, most of the fun ones took awhile to actually get put in.

I remember one on Sandbox. Enemy team was in the sky bubble and had to snipe the enemy team down below in the map, and you had to lead your VIP to the objective.

I liked the one where you had to stick the other players on the opposite floating platform. So much fun when screwing around in a party

As far as I can tell, there is no option to make the spawn weapon random, no. Maybe I'm missing it, but it isn't under the Game Loadouts section, which is the only place I could think of.

I don't even think this is necessarily better or worse than before, just interesting that they came up with a totally different solution.
Hmm, okay, perhaps that would explain it.

I wouldn't be seeking out Fiesta personally anyway, but it's interesting to think about all the same. I think bringing Action Sack in is a good idea.

Havok

I have no problem with handling this stuff with the Personal Ordnance system, but getting a new roll after every kill? Seriously?

And also they should remove the perks from it.. Ammo will the go to perk for this list.
It's infinite ammo, I forgot to mention that in my initial post (making the ammo-ing sniper thing meaningless, so that's my bad). So Dexterity is the go-to.

Overdoziz

Banned
You can do normal Fiesta with custom games options just fine. I think setting it up is a bit different from previous Halos, though.

Omni

Why have the textures on the Covenant Phantom got progressively worse as every game is released?

It wouldn't surprise me if in Halo 5 it's just a smudgy purple blob.

Havok

You can do normal Fiesta with custom games options just fine. I think setting it up is a bit different from previous Halos, though.
I had to look it up - it's now under Traits -> Base Player Traits instead of being in the Game Loadouts section like I had expected it would be. In Reach, it was just under a straight Weapons and Vehicles section as well as the General Settings -> Traits section.

My mistake!

I think using Personal Ordnance is an interesting way to solve the problem of players spawning with a plasma pistol or a single spiker against rockets and snipers, though. The way it awards those drops is wonky, but it's a pretty cool way to do it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Big maps, at least different art directions, the one looks like it comes straight out of ODST's mombasa.. that is cool.

But hell I won't play the Big Team list

Proof that the Gauss Hog needs to be removed from Exile:

Qhhsujo.png

Trollololol

The third and final installment of maps in the Halo 4 War Games Map Pass, Castle Map Pack, brings players three medium-to-large stunning maps that emphasize vehicular warfare and larger battles over open spaces, where strategizing is key to successfully manipulating each map to your team’s advantage.

Daybreak places you amidst military facilities, against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the natural tunnels and arches of a secluded rebel outpost, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban crisis, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

The Castle Map Pack will be available for download on 4/8/2013.

so now we have 7 small maps

Haven
Monolith
Skyline
Solace
Adrift
Abandon
Landfall (eh)

and 12 large maps (they have vehicles and aren't good for 4v4)

Complex
Exile
Longbow
Meltdown
Ragnarok
Vortex
Harvest
Shatter
Wreckage
Daybreak
Outcast
Perdition

welp

Conor 419

Banned
I ask every time there's a major event, TU/Map pack etc. As I'm wondering why these take priority over 1-50.

Devolution said:
Oh sounds productive. Also how much of the discussion here veers completely off Halo? Yeah comin' in to talk about Halo without suckin' some dick is SO WRONG.

Welcome to Halo Gaf.

Blueblur1

so now we have 7 small maps

Haven
Monolith
Skyline
Solace
Adrift
Abandon
Landfall (eh)

and 12 large maps (they have vehicles and aren't good for 4v4)

Complex
Exile
Longbow
Meltdown
Ragnarok
Vortex
Harvest
Shatter
Wreckage
Daybreak
Outcast
Perdition

welp
Ridiculous. Ugh. Insert facepalm.jpeg

Halo 4” Castle Map Pack Reignites Team Objective Battles with New Maps and a Fresh Playlist on April 8

The third War Games Map Pack focuses on team objective and vehicular combat by introducing three new maps and the addition of a new 6 vs. 6 playlist

343 Industries today announced the third major expansion in the Halo Infinity Multiplayer experience, the Castle Map Pack, launching Monday, April 8. Developed by Certain Affinity, in collaboration with 343 Industries, the Castle Map Pack brings players three medium-to-large, stunning maps that emphasize vehicular warfare and large battles over open spaces, where team strategy is key to successfully conquering the battlefield.

Daybreak places you amidst military facilities, against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the natural tunnels and arches of a secluded rebel outpost. Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban battleground, where tactical speed and situational awareness are essential to achieving victory. The Castle Map pack provides 9 new Achievements worth a total of 250 Gamerscore.

To offer a glimpse of the new maps, 343 Industries released a trailer for the Castle Map Pack today, available now on Halo Waypoint. Full descriptions of the new maps and modes are below:

New Battlegrounds: Castle Map Pack

Daybreak: Two UNSC bases oppose each other in this large asymmetrical map. Teams must split focus between attacking the enemy base while playing close defense to their own. Claim your team’s sniper rifle to cover the central Man Cannon, or grab a Warthog to push through the side channels and flank the enemy base. The Rocket Launcher and Banshee both spawn in positions diagonal to the starting bases; claiming their firepower early is crucial to land the first flag cap or take an early lead in kills.

Outcast: Controlling vehicle paths is critical in this circular map set in a desert environment. Outcast features frequent Mantis vs. Wraith battles, so teams must keep their drivers informed with constant communication to get the drop on enemy vehicles. While driving the Mantis, you can target fusion coils in tunnels to flush out camping opponents directly into your rain of fire, or cover your flag runner’s dash to a friendly Warthog. If you find yourself without a vehicle, race to the secondary bases to secure a power weapon or drop on enemies for a game-changing hijack.

Perdition: Blending long sightlines, vehicles, and close-quarters combat, Perdition caters to nearly any gameplay style. Wheelmen and gunners will be right at home in this urban environment as a well-placed Warthog can lock down a quarter of the map, securing valuable ordnances for the team. Learning the interior routes is essential to both escaping danger and finishing off ranged kills. Be sure to look for the Gravity Hammer in Power Station 3 – an ideal revenge weapon against a pesky sniper or a big surprise for an enemy Warthog.

The Castle Map Pack will be available on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft Points. Players who purchase the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass* or “Halo 4” Limited Edition will receive access to all three Map Packs (Crimson, Majestic, and Castle) at a 15 percent savings versus purchasing them individually.1

New Playlist: “Castle DLC”

The Castle Map Pack brings a new playlist to the War Games experience called “Castle DLC,” a six-versus-six playlist that focuses on both team play and coordinated objective gameplay.

The new maps will also be integrated into existing Infinity Slayer, Big Team Objective, and Dominion playlists. DLC maps will appear in a playlist if all members of the match have the content purchased or the War Games Map Pass.
Screenshots here at MajorNelson's Flickr account

FyreWulff

Note to 343: the whole only having one remake in your game is a good thing. It was annoying that over half of Reach's maps ended up being remakes.

Now if you could bury Valhalla forever and never use it again, that'd be even better

Mindwipe

Achievements I expect at this point -

Failure by design: Repeatedly shoot your own team member who is piloting the Mantis with a rocket launcher until you lose 20 games. 25 pts.
Remember Robot Wars?: Flip a Wraith over. 20 pts.
Lolololololol: Complete a game of CTF while never going anywhere near either flag. 30pts.
Musical interludet: Play awful hip-hop down your headset for the entire game. Don't say a word otherwise. 75 pts.
Broshot!: Get 50 boltshot kills. 25 pts.
Team player: Get 25 betrayals in a team slayer gametype. 15 pts.

Note to 343: the whole only having one remake in your game is a good thing. It was annoying that over half of Reach's maps ended up being remakes.

Now if you could bury Valhalla forever and never use it again, that'd be even better

why?valhalla is great. btw which one is the remake in this castle map pack?

fawaz

Banned
So i am debating weather I should get the majestic map pack.

How often does it show up in team throwdown? and matchmaking in general?

Does not having the crimson map pack effect the likelihood of it appearing?

Havok

Nice mention of Big Team Objective there, guess they have more solid plans for it than they let on. Let's hope there have been the necessary changes to the objective gametypes we have (Flag, Extraction, and...uh...well then) to make them palatable for 16 players.

Nine new achievements. This oughta be good.

So even more big maps that'll only appear in BTB, Dominion and playlists that aren't suitable for big maps. What makes things even better is that both BTB and Dominion are a complete mess. How couldn't you be excited for this!?

FyreWulff

why?valhalla is great.

Same issue Blood Gulch has in Reach with DMR starts. It was made for a different game. Too wide open. Especially since everyone can spawn with a DMR now at all that has even less bloom/spread.

I want the next evolution of the BG map concept (Blood Gulch -> Valhalla -> Tempest -> ?) and not go backwards on the ladder.

Gui_PT

Nice to see trueskill isn't even remotely close to working properly

I always get the most useless team mates. I'm convinced it doesn't even exist in the game.

kylej

Banned
looooooooool oh boy are they trying to pump these map packs out while anyone still cares about the game. How many people bought Crimson? 19? 30? A noble attempt at milking the community but really who gives enough of a shit anymore to buy these turds. Next Xbox is this year, big releases are hitting soon. Everyone already forgot about Halo 4.

Top Bottom