• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

TheOddOne

If microsoft doesn't care about the gamer then why do they bother doing market research? Wouldn't it just be easier to read a few forums instead of spending money? You could make a game out of the ideas from all of them if you know what you're doing.
I feel that market research is effective if you take into account more the people who will play it long term. Those are often the most demanding people, but also strive for the most feature rich package. In the end it benefits the casual and the most hardcore. None of that is done for Halo 4, or if it was done none of it reflects on the finished product.

I don't find it fair that you guys are just mocking the victim like that.

It's rude.
I'd be more reasonable in most cases, but he has pulled this shtick so many times. I'm just using his own logic against him. If he doesn't like it, well there is one way to change that.

I feel that market research is effective if you take into account more the people who will play it long term. Those are often the most demanding people, but also strive for the most feature rich package. In the end it benefits the casual and the most hardcore. None of that is done for Halo 4, or if it was done none of it reflects on the finished product.

So are you saying they did or didn't do good market research? I feel like they just made a game instead of thinking about their customers. They figured we all were too dumb to leave halo, and tried to take more of the CoD market. That pretty clearly didn't work though.

TheOddOne

So are you saying they did or didn't do good market research? I feel like they just made a game instead of thinking about their customers. They figured we all were too dumb to leave halo, and tried to take more of the CoD market. That pretty clearly didn't work though.
I would say, not effective research. I feel they looked at the current market trent, copied it and gave it to testers. Testers were familiar with the whole idea behind it so they saw it as a positive. Everything snowballed after that, I guess. Also they looked too much at the usage stats of certain elements in older games, which then led to the notion "Well, stats show that nobody uses it so we cut it".

Conor 419

Banned
I don't understand TheOddOne, he pretends to be completely impartial when it comes to Halo, and only want what's best for the series, but this never really extends past vigorously '*nodding [his] head in agreement*' whenever somebody suggests that Halo 4 is only slightly worse than its predecessors, and absolutely flipping his shit when Halo fans criticise very real issues for the series. He has repeatedly denied the damage done by ODST over and over again despite the overwhelming evidence against him, he also goes out of his way to fight back against fans lobbying for features which would leave the series competitive with industry leading titles in the genre.

I'd say perhaps, the only thing he's caught me out on is myself underestimating the sales of Halo 4, but then again I question how important those sales are considering the ultimate user activity, reduction in features and overall increase in install base. It's hard to deny elements of fanboyism in this case, considering how the stalking of Microsoft employees has reached questionable levels.

Nebula

Nintendo may get a ton of crap for not releasing games quickly, but every time they do release a game, it's usually high quality and sells like hotcakes.

I'd have preferred a 3+ year wait between new games. Judging by the amount of features cut in Halo 4 and the rushed nature of the campaign ie terminals, the fact that it took so long to get things like file share, I'd have preferred Halo 4 to launch this year or maybe even be pushed as a launch title for the nextbox.

A few weeks into Halo 4 was when me and my friend started saying how we wished 343 had waited for next gen to release Halo 4. We would have gotten so much more, and the game would have run a lot better as well.

Oh look, popcorn time!

Madness

I don't understand TheOddOne, he pretends to be completely impartial when it comes to Halo, and only want what's best for the series, but this never really extends past vigorously '*nodding [his] head in agreement*' whenever somebody suggests that Halo 4 is only slightly worse than its predecessors, and absolutely flipping his shit when Halo fans criticise very real issues for the series. He has repeatedly denied the damage done by ODST over and over again despite the overwhelming evidence against him, he also goes out of his way to fight back against fans lobbying for features which would leave the series competitive with industry leading titles in the genre.

I'd say perhaps, the only thing he's caught me out on is myself underestimating the sales of Halo 4, but then again I question how important those sales are considering the ultimate user activity, reduction in features and overall increase in install base. It's hard to deny elements of fanboyism in this case, considering how the stalking of Microsoft employees has reached questionable levels.

What damage did ODST do to the series?

Conor 419

Banned
I am past the stage where I have to explain my views on ODST again, I also don't fancy tragic misinterpretations of my posts, followed by feeble yelps of "m-m-moving the goalposts!".

neoism

This is starting to turn into Reach all over again. Not enough is being done, and if anything does happen, it happens too late. I'm waiting for population splits from the half assed TU we're going to get, that 343 will be scared to implement in all playlists off the bat because they don't want to alienate people and make the 4 months they spent adjusting to the release version of Halo 4 seem pointless.

Man do I hope 343 prove me wrong.

Yeah goes to show you that every halo should have a three year life cycle, in development and support, Halo 4 most definitely needed about 8 months more at minimum to get all the feature in before launch. The way they support Reach should have been a give away.....
Sorry to hear about that Noobs. Stay strong.

Thanks everyone who posted nice things. Sitting in the Charlotte, NC airport trying not to dwell on my dad until I get home.

Brother called me at the office with the news that my Dad is in the hospital and on ventilator.

I visited my parents a couple weeks ago after my Dad suffered a minor stroke.

Still don't have all the details on his current state, but things don't sound good.

sorry David.... I think about my dad every hour... he passed out a few days ago from low blood pressure, and had to go to the hospital, gave me my first panic attack.... his a 63 year old recovered quadriplegia.....

I hope your dad recovers, and is ok...

TheOddOne

You’re full of shit. You act as if you are the reasonable one here, but you avoid any sense logic in any of your posts. You are a bait a switch artist that only way to cope with criticism is to act like the victim and hide behind a group that doesn’t even accept you.

a) Anybody that knows me, knows that I have been critical of Reach and Halo 4. If you don’t know that, then you don’t know much about me and you should start reading or at least take a course in reading.

b) You do not belong to the group called Halo fans and you should never in a million years try to lump yourself in that group. You are nothing more than a puppet who uses straw man logic to get your point across, avoiding any mature discussion and selectively only reading what only pleases you.

c) You are still on the ODST sales shtick, you’ve been proven wrong countless times before but you won’t move on. It’s a sign of somebody who is still a immature person who can’t accept responsibility and accept his mistake.

d) You best way to cope with a comment by me was to threatening me by saying that you were going to ask a mod to ban me. That is borderline psychotic and tells us everything about you, an immature little person that can’t accept criticism.

e) The only posts you make are filled with fanboyism. Gamefaq quality posts that belong in the trash bin.

There I categorized it so it will be easier to read.

So did you really kill that baby?

Fuchsdh

You’re full of shit. You act as if you are the reasonable one here, but you avoid any sense logic in any of your posts. You are a bait a switch artist that only way to cope with criticism is to act like the victim and hide behind a group that doesn’t even accept you.

a) Anybody that knows me, knows that I have been critical of Reach and Halo 4. If you don’t know that, then you don’t know much about me and you should start reading or at least take a course in reading.

b) You do not belong to the group called Halo fans and you should never in a million years try to lump yourself in that group. You are nothing more than a puppet who uses straw man logic to get your point across, avoiding any mature discussion and selectively only reading what only pleases you.

c) You are still on the ODST sales shtick, you’ve been proven wrong countless times before but you won’t move on. It’s a sign of somebody who is still a immature person who can’t accept responsibility and accept his mistake.

d) You best way to cope with a comment by me was to threatening me by saying that you were going to ask a mod to ban me. That is borderline psychotic and tells us everything about you, an immature little person that can’t accept criticism.

e) The only posts you make are filled with fanboyism. Gamefaq quality posts that belong in the trash bin.

There I categorized it so it will be easier to read.

Lol yeah if you can't tell OddOne has a bone to pick with Halo 4, there's an issue with you.

"Reading comprehension, do you have it?"

Ghazi

I am past the stage where I have to explain my views on ODST again, I also don't fancy tragic misinterpretations of my posts, followed by feeble yelps of "m-m-moving the goalposts!".

Dude, ODST was great and a worthy entry to the series. I don't know what you've got against it but it better be a very good reason.

Conor 419

Banned

So why do you make a big deal of others who criticise the IP with their own points of view, do only yours matter?

LOL

A puppet for who...? Maybe this is why I didn't notice your apparent Halo 4 criticism, because your argument style seems to consist of lumping a bunch of cliche's together and hoping that they stick.

You are still on the ODST sales shtick, you’ve been proven wrong countless times before but you won’t move on. It’s a sign of somebody who is still a immature person who can’t accept responsibility and accept his mistake.

No I haven't, a particular emphasis on this.

No, I said stop attacking me or I'd get a mod involved. That's quite a reasonable thing to do on a forum, I don't think there was ever a threat of you getting banned, as I don't really see how that'd improve things in the long run. I do not disagree that I am psychotic, however.

The only posts you make are filled with fanboyism.

Yeah, this confirms my reply to part B.

1| You've criticised my 'fanboyism' in a Halo thread
2| You have then told me to never consider myself a Halo fan
3| You have then also claimed I am a puppet of some unknown power

I mean...what? This is quite conflicting, who am I a fanboy for? Sega?

Conor, in this forum if your not a Halo fan that's part of their "click" and that share their practically exact opinions, your an idiot. Thats how it works here.

Akai__

I still don't get Conor, I think the majority doesn't get him.

Anyways, played Halo 4 Team Doubles today, until someone got really mad and hit me offline. Was a fun session, except of every match on Landfall. The map isn't good at all for Team Doubles, imo. Either you get the SAW, Shotgun and the Rockets or your opponents are getting them and are getting total map control with them. Every game on Landfall someone had Rocket as top weapon with at least 7 kills...

Fotos

tumblr_mam93qZvH81r9xjxoo1_500.gif

ElRenoRaven

So I've decided that I'm going to give back to Halogaf since in the past people were good to me and hooked me up with stuff. There is one small limitation though. It's limited to US Halogaf sadly. The cost to ship this overseas would cost me more then the item.

Now all that said here is what is up for grabs. I am giving away 1 Hardback copy of Halo Silentium. I've ordered this from Amazon and it's shipped so I will have it in a few days here. Now here is all you have to do to be entered is PM me. Everyone has until March 19th at 11:59PM PST. That's Tuesday. Any PM's sent after that time will not be eligible.

On Wednesday the 20th I'll announce the winner as soon as I can. I do work so it will probably be sometime in the evening after I've had a chance to get home and pick the winner. So there you go. Again sorry for those not in the US but I'm sure you can understand.

Got my new PC today, just finished setting it up and installing a few games+most Adobe Products.

Awesome. Now I just need to get speakers. :p

So, are Halo 2 PC's servers still being closed?

c) You are still on the ODST sales shtick, you’ve been proven wrong countless times before but you won’t move on.

Maybe I missed it but what was said to prove that idea wrong?

You guys must have some bad history with Conor because ever since I joined these forums I've never seen Conor be this person some point him out to be. Not taking sides, just merely expressing out how I see it.

3| You have then also claimed I am a puppet of some UNKNOWN power

I've been exposed.

TheOddOne

So why do you make a big deal of others who criticise the IP with their own points of view, do only yours matter?

LOL

A puppet for who...? Maybe this is why I didn't notice your apparent Halo 4 criticism, because your argument style seems to consist of lumping a bunch of cliche's together and hoping that they stick.

No I haven't, a particular emphasis on this.

No, I said stop attacking me or I'd get a mod involved. That's quite a reasonable thing to do on a forum, I don't think there was ever a threat of you getting banned, as I don't really see how that'd improve things in the long run. I do not disagree that I am psychotic, however.

Yeah, this confirms my reply to part B.

1| You've criticised my 'fanboyism' in a Halo thread
2| You have then told me to never consider myself a Halo fan
3| You have then also claimed I am a puppet of some unknown power

I mean...what? This is quite conflicting, who am I a fanboy for? Sega?
This only proves my points and you have done nothing to disprove them. Now you have the nerve to twist thing in your favor? You are delusional. Goal posting and avoiding any valid complaint. Still only reading what you want to read.

Good luck with living in some fantasy world.

Overdoziz

Banned
ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M - Moederbord - micro ATX - Socket FM2 - AMD A75 - USB 3.0 - Gigabit LAN

AMD Athlon II X4 740 - 3.2 GHz - 4 cores - 4 MB cache - Socket FM2 - Box

Sapphire RADEON HD7850 - Grafische adapter - Radeon HD 7850 - PCI Express 3.0 x16 - 1 GB GDDR5 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort

Corsair Builder Series CX430 - Voeding ( intern ) - ATX12V 2.3/ EPS12V - 80 PLUS Bronze - 100-240 Volt wisselstroom V - 430 Watt

Cooler Master K280 - Midtowermodel - ATX - geen voeding ( ATX / PS/2 ) - zwart

WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX - Vaste schijf - 500 GB - intern - 3.5" - SATA-600 - 7200 tpm -buffer: 16 MB

Corsair Value Select - Geheugen - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR3 - 1333 MHz / PC3-10600 - CL9 - niet-gebufferd - niet-EC

€483

Akai__

ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M - Moederbord - micro ATX - Socket FM2 - AMD A75 - USB 3.0 - Gigabit LAN

AMD Athlon II X4 740 - 3.2 GHz - 4 cores - 4 MB cache - Socket FM2 - Box

Sapphire RADEON HD7850 - Grafische adapter - Radeon HD 7850 - PCI Express 3.0 x16 - 1 GB GDDR5 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort

Corsair Builder Series CX430 - Voeding ( intern ) - ATX12V 2.3/ EPS12V - 80 PLUS Bronze - 100-240 Volt wisselstroom V - 430 Watt

Cooler Master K280 - Midtowermodel - ATX - geen voeding ( ATX / PS/2 ) - zwart

WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX - Vaste schijf - 500 GB - intern - 3.5" - SATA-600 - 7200 tpm -buffer: 16 MB

Corsair Value Select - Geheugen - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR3 - 1333 MHz / PC3-10600 - CL9 - niet-gebufferd - niet-EC

-AMD Processors aren't good. You can outperform the best AMD Processor with an Intel i3 one.
-Heared bad things about the Corsair CX series
-I would also suggest a SSD, if you are getting a capture card.

You should also ask in the PC building thread, since there are always people, who can help you out and get the best with your money.

This only proves my points and you have done nothing to disprove them. Now you have the nerve to twist thing in your favor? You are delusional. Goal posting and avoiding any valid complaint. Still only reading what you want to read.

Good luck with living in some fantasy world.

DYAQlMq.jpg

Ghazi

All I have left to choose for the computer I want to build is the motherboard. Any recommendations for that? It doesn't necessarily have to be cheap.

Top Bottom