• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

TheOddOne

Conor, in this forum if your not a Halo fan that's part of their "click" and that share their practically exact opinions, your an idiot. Thats how it works here.
A valid complaint is a valid complaint. Put some effort into it and nobody will bat an eyelash. Seriously, if people actually start discussion it with rational thought behind it – even if it’s controversial – it would be far better place then constantly posting “incompetence”.

People need to be called on their shit though. The mature thing would be to just fess up and accept that it was wrong and move on. Not to just goal post and use straw man like arguments.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Played Action Sack last night. OMG Rockets is so much fun, and not because of the Rockets, but because of the Railgun.

Booshka

Save your money then, trust me it worth waiting to get the better part and this is VERY true for PC parts.

Yea especially for Processor and Motherboard, you can save elsewhere then upgrade later, but you need to have a really solid motherboard/processor combo as a base.

Conor 419

Banned
A valid complaint is a valid complaint. Put some effort into it and nobody will bat an eyelash. Seriously, if people actually start discussion it with rational thought behind it – even if it’s controversial – it would be far better place then constantly posting “incompetence”.

People need to be called on their shit though. The mature thing would be to just fess up and accept that it was wrong and move on. Not to just goal post and use straw man like arguments.

I'm sorry, but I must have missed where you answered all of those questions. Who am I a fanboy for, again?

I mean, I don't understand why my criticisms are invalid. Halo 4 IS the only big FPS IP which requires a subscription, despite having less features than all of the others....is this incorrect? Would a competent company put themselves in such a situation?

TheOddOne

I'm sorry, but I must have missed where you answered all of those questions. Who am I a fanboy for, again?

I mean, I don't understand why my criticisms are invalid. Halo 4 IS the only big FPS IP which requires a subscription, despite having less features than all of the others....is this incorrect?
Again with this straw man logic? You can't be this dense This was your own best fucking response you could give me, are you fucking kidding me. It's not like you put any effort into replying like a fucking rational person, but you went on fucking baiting.

Look at the question you are asking me now, fucking avoiding every fucking point I have made. You are not worth anybody's time, on this forum or on the face of the planet.

I'm fucking done with you. I rather put effort into somebody who doesn't use or understands logic.

Edit: You understand perfectly what I am saying, you are just avoiding the confrontation. Man up.

Conor 419

Banned
Again with this straw man logic? You can't be this dense This was your own best fucking response you could give me, are you fucking kidding me. It's not like you put any effort into replying like a fucking rational person, but you went on fucking baiting.

Look at the question you are asking me now, fucking avoiding every fucking point I have made. You are not worth anybody's time, on this forum or on the face of the planet.

I'm fucking done with you. I rather put effort into somebody who doesn't use or understands logic.

Dude, calm down, for real. It's going to be okay.

I didn't give the response you expected because I didn't understand half of the things you were saying, I've followed this up with trying to find out more (like why I'm a fanboy, seriously) so I can answer your initial post, but obviously you're just not letting that happen.

Edit: You understand perfectly what I am saying, you are just avoiding the confrontation. Man up.

Well no...no I don't, hence why I asked...

Nice sexism tho

Nice sexism tho

i3FskfdqH9z8i.gif

Downloading Battlefield 3 for PC right now. :p

Not expecting much out of my new PC, but since I already own it (played it a bit on my laptop) and I want to see how this new PC handles game, decided to try it.

Not expecting much out of my PC, specs aren't too amazing. Need to upgrade the GPU for sure.

the XBLA game?? that's awesome! such a good game but the soundtrack is amazing.

Hell yes it does! I downloaded the OST before even owning the game lol and they also added a new playable character.

Getting it with a few friends, hopefully this'll be reminiscent of our Castle Crashers experience :]

Rev3rb

ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M - Moederbord - micro ATX - Socket FM2 - AMD A75 - USB 3.0 - Gigabit LAN

AMD Athlon II X4 740 - 3.2 GHz - 4 cores - 4 MB cache - Socket FM2 - Box

Sapphire RADEON HD7850 - Grafische adapter - Radeon HD 7850 - PCI Express 3.0 x16 - 1 GB GDDR5 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort

Corsair Builder Series CX430 - Voeding ( intern ) - ATX12V 2.3/ EPS12V - 80 PLUS Bronze - 100-240 Volt wisselstroom V - 430 Watt

Cooler Master K280 - Midtowermodel - ATX - geen voeding ( ATX / PS/2 ) - zwart

WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX - Vaste schijf - 500 GB - intern - 3.5" - SATA-600 - 7200 tpm -buffer: 16 MB

Corsair Value Select - Geheugen - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR3 - 1333 MHz / PC3-10600 - CL9 - niet-gebufferd - niet-EC

€483

Yeah, definitely Intel

Seriously, Hazaro knows what he's doing.
Built my PC using that thread. So Good.
Even the budget build's processor is decent

Overdoziz

Banned
Imagine if Halo had CoD's spectator mode, but with Bungie's clarity in UI design. I'm watching the CoD MLG stream right now and as nice as having a spectator mode is, it looks like a mess.

Also, 26k people are watching the stream. RIP MLG Halo.

TheOddOne

Imagine if Halo had CoD's spectator mode, but with Bungie's clarity in UI design. I'm watching the CoD MLG stream right now and as nice as having a spectator mode is, it looks like a mess.

Also, 26k people are watching the stream. RIP MLG Halo.
Watching it too. Would be great if you could minimize certain UI elements. Looks decent though, but there is room for improvement.

Ghazi

Watching it too. Would be great if you could minimize certain UI elements. Looks decent though, but there is room for improvement.
The issue here is that there needs to be a fully and properly functional theater for there to be spectator features like these. You can't view anyone in first person aside from yourself in any of the Halo's except PC, where there was a program you could run while playing the game to view another player's perspective.

TheOddOne

I can imagine Halo 4 actually having spectator mode

"It looks like shit, might as well not have the feature"

=P
Hey French man, JIP is the best thing ever.
LOLZ

The issue here is that there needs to be a fully and properly functional theater for there to be spectator features like these. You can't view anyone in first person aside from yourself in any of the Halo's except PC, where there was a program you could run while playing the game to view another player's perspective.
Next gen hardware save us :\

RIP MLG Halo.

If you dont treat your game as an esport its not going to be played as an esport. Even for awhile CoD was more popular than Halo but when it came to MLG events Halo was still more popular, even when MLG tried CoD at first, it was ignored and cast in shadow by Halo.

Remove ranks, so people have no idea where they stand as a player, no motivation to actually win, ignore the demand for spectator modes, competitive playlists, skill gaps, weapon control, add randomness in and you have all the wrong moves to make your game sink in the competitive players eyes.

You now have 50,000 people on average playing Halo 4. Most of which are in traditionally non-competitive playlists. BTB, Infinity Randy Slayer, Action Sack are top 3 right now accounting for more than half of those players. What do you expect though when most of the maps large, your underlying additional systems from this iteration all add more and more randomness, and your playlist management is a complete punch to the dick to competitive players. Of course Throwdown will instantly sink down to the bottom of the playlists.

You have not captured the CoD players. You have done nothing progressive, you've ruined Halo, you've got the barebones players that would just always be playing Halo no matter what game was given to them. You have ignored communities like HSH, MLG, and this shows, people have left the game. They aren't playing it.

And the user experience...don't even get me started, its awful.

Msg me when you're ready.

Ok, this has probably been brought up before, but what in the fuck did 343i do to the Elite AI in Halo 4? They just stand around, in place, taking shots in the face.

TheOddOne

WHAT DOES OBAMA HAVE TO DO WITH IT I HATE YOU I"M IGNORING YOU.
Thanks again, Obama.

I can't win today. Obama hates me.

RIP MLG Halo.

If you dont treat your game as an esport its not going to be played as an esport. Even for awhile CoD was more popular than Halo but when it came to MLG events Halo was still more popular, even when MLG tried CoD at first, it was ignored and cast in shadow by Halo.

Remove ranks, so people have no idea where they stand as a player, no motivation to actually win, ignore the demand for spectator modes, competitive playlists, skill gaps, weapon control, add randomness in and you have all the wrong moves to make your game sink in the competitive players eyes.

You now have 50,000 people on average playing Halo 4. Most of which are in traditionally non-competitive playlists. BTB, Infinity Randy Slayer, Action Sack are top 3 right now accounting for more than half of those players. What do you expect though when most of the maps large, your underlying additional systems from this iteration all add more and more randomness, and your playlist management is a complete punch to the dick to competitive players. Of course Throwdown will instantly sink down to the bottom of the playlists.

You have not captured the CoD players. You have done nothing progressive, you've ruined Halo, you've got the barebones players that would just always be playing Halo no matter what game was given to them. You have ignored communities like HSH, MLG, and this shows, people have left the game. They aren't playing it.

Based Juices.

343 pls.

kylej

Banned
RIP MLG Halo.

^

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
-AMD Processors aren't good. You can outperform the best AMD Processor with an Intel i3 one.
-Heared bad things about the Corsair CX series
-I would also suggest a SSD, if you are getting a capture card.

You should also ask in the PC building thread, since there are always people, who can help you out and get the best with your money.

Definitely go for Intel

Also, he's on a budget build, SSD is out of the question. Also, I have a capture card with no SSD and it's works great.

And yea, go to the PC building thread.

Top Bottom