• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Madness

There is something wrong with the A.I. in Halo 4. Unlike Reach, it's like they don't know you're there if you go out of their line of sight. For example, in Reach, Elites would cloak and hunt you down. No matter how long it took, once they found out about you, they would come after you. If you took the high ground, Skirmishers would jump up and make you go back to the main area.

In Halo 4, they just stand around and wait for you to come back. They don't dodge, they don't strafe much, they just sit there and wait for you to come back.

On legendary, they are tough only because of the fact they can kill you quickly and require a lot of shots to be put down, but their A.I. seems weak.

What if Kevin Franklin is Wahrer.

That's ridiculous. You really think that I would write like I do if I were the lead multiplayer executive of the prestigious 343 Industries and create this massive sandbox project as a red herring to lead you off the trail of real updates while also paving the way for potential changes come Halo 5, or as we discuss it in-dev, Halo: The Search for Cortana? That's absurd. Truly silly.

stinkles check your pms

GrizzNKev

Banned
There is something wrong with the A.I. in Halo 4. Unlike Reach, it's like they don't know you're there if you go out of their line of sight. For example, in Reach, Elites would cloak and hunt you down. No matter how long it took, once they found out about you, they would come after you. If you took the high ground, Skirmishers would jump up and make you go back to the main area.

In Halo 4, they just stand around and wait for you to come back. They don't dodge, they don't strafe much, they just sit there and wait for you to come back.

On legendary, they are tough only because of the fact they can kill you quickly and require a lot of shots to be put down, but their A.I. seems weak.

And it doesn't know how to fly Banshees.

At all.

Don't expect that to be fixed.

TheOddOne

That's ridiculous. You really think that I would write like I do if I were the lead multiplayer executive of the prestigious 343 Industries and create this massive sandbox project as a red herring to lead you off the trail of real updates while also paving the way for potential changes come Halo 5, or as we discuss it in-dev, Halo: The Search for Cortana? That's absurd. Truly silly.

stinkles check your pms
My first day at Infinity Ward is going pretty well. Gotta tighten up the graphics on level 3 for our next big project for E3 2013. Things are going swell!

Looks like I'm out of a job. Guess I'll take my talents to Infinity Ward.
We are not hiring.

ElRenoRaven

And it doesn't know how to fly Banshees.

At all.

Don't expect that to be fixed.

Yup. The AI in Halo 4 is awful. If you stand far enough away they will let you stand there and peg them while they just move forward and backward. In the case of Prometheans they'll teleport back and forth or run side to side. It's actually very sad to see how halo went from some amazing AI to yellow bus level AI.

ElRenoRaven

Oops didn't mean to double post. Oh well since I did.

B-but I liretally live in your backyard </3

Yea I know I hate that I have to do that but It's the fairest way. Besides I may be working on something to give away to those that aren't US based if I have the money after payday. In that one I'll probably end up limiting it to everyone but the US. I'm thinking something digital but haven't figured out what yet.

What videos are you watching? Realtime playback on my video files die on anything short of fibre or eSATA--USB 3 maybe cuts it, FW800 chugs and USB2 is a non-starter. Admittedly I'm prolly using more intensive codecs than most people, but I imagine people who've ripped their DVDs into a single file or have HD sources going longer than a few minutes have 4+GB files, easy.

Yea an external HDD should be able to read a video quick enough for uninterrupted playback. My externals seem to write at about 25MB/sec...so reading is probably quicker. I'm not too into tech anymore though. I'm not talking about reading/writing raw stuff that a capture card would deal with, I'm talking compressed video that a end user would watch.

Just had a *quick* playthrough of Assault on the control room.

Its hands down the best single player level in any Halo game. Its got the best pacing, some memorable locations variety of enemy interactions and hits every single thing halo does great on the head.

Vehicle section? Tank, Hog and Banshees with optional ghosts
Close Quarters Action? Tonnes of it
Large scale Open area combat? Tonnes of that as well

Booshka

Its hands down the best single player level in any Halo game. Its got the best pacing, some memorable locations variety of enemy interactions and hits every single thing halo does great on the head.

It also has one of my favorite Halo tracks. Super atmospheric and moody.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCgZ4dmPYOs

First off just wanted to thank you to Duncan. Got my Halo items from that photoshop contest back in November.

Signed Awakening: The Art of Halo 4 poster.

8562792553_34fc4bcf0b_z.jpg

Vote Halo 4 Sticker.

8562792753_5150abb0bd.jpg

Vote Halo 4 Poster.

8563897510_8532057f17_z.jpg
Now what matters. Because I already have an ONI patch and don't really want the Avatar Shirt or the bracelet, I am giving the 3 away.

IT IS A CONTEST! WINNER GETS ALL 3! WOW YOU SO LUCKY!!!!

Contest ends on Friday, March 22nd at 10PM PST.
To Enter
Draw a funny Halo image about anything. I don't care if it is crude, cute or whatever.
It can be a comic, an animated GIF, or just a plain compressed JPEG.
You can post the picture here, and also PM me the link to the image.
Make PM header, "Contest Giveaway Drawing"

That's it. May the best nerd win.. this (look below).

8563897756_528cab2013_z.jpg

Nowise10

I find Halo:CE to have the least fun campaign. Nothing really unique about it anymore

I am literally dying to get my hands on one of those ONI patches. I was going to frame it with my N7 Patch, My spirit of fire patch and my Colonial Marines Patch.

Tashi said he would send me one but it never happened (nothing bad to say about tashi he likely just forgot and thats cool)

I am literally dying to get my hands on one of those ONI patches. I was going to frame it with my N7 Patch, My spirit of fire patch and my Colonial Marines Patch.

Tashi said he would send me one but it never happened (nothing bad to say about tashi he likely just forgot and thats cool)

Get some next level Halo art going and it is yours.

If you really want one that bad I will send you mine :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Oh fuck me. I'm sorry man lol. I'll get that shit sent out. That reminds me, I have a couple other things to send out too. Sorry.

First off just wanted to thank you to Duncan. Got my Halo items from that photoshop contest back in November.

Now what matters. Because I already have an ONI patch and don't really want the Avatar Shirt or the bracelet, I am giving the 3 away.

To Enter
Draw a funny Halo image about anything. I don't care if it is crude, cute or whatever.

I just remembered that was a thing! I'm probably getting popcorn or some shit because of my honorable mention :lol

I hope this counts as halo.

4QVbzzl.png

Conor fighting OddOne, me fighting Stalker, stinkles fighting wolfgaf and Bat-Ghaleon fighting EazyBane.

IN THEATERS THIS APRIL

IHaveIce

Banned
rumble pro is one of the best gametypes in halo 4

yep, and and keeping the motion tracker enabled helps so much.. Iwant these settings even in team slayer..

I'm usally also on the "no radar" team, but with default sprint I think people get to fast around the map, I like it more with radar..

Not really used to shipping anything, but can those patches be sent in an envelope?

oops, meant to quote:

o_O I looked a few times in the past and none of those available would ship to the UK and then I just gave up because I figured they were limited and likely all gone by that point.

yep, and and keeping the motion tracker enabled helps so much.. Iwant these settings even in team slayer..

I'm usally also on the "no radar" team, but with default sprint I think people get to fast around the map, I like it more with radar..
I actually liked it better with the radar off, but that's just how I like to play

I just remembered that was a thing! I'm probably getting popcorn or some shit because of my honorable mention :lol

http://i.imgur.com/4QVbzzl.png[IMG]

Conor fighting OddOne, me fighting Stalker, stinkles fighting wolfgaf and Bat-Ghaleon fighting EazyBane.

IN THEATERS THIS APRIL[/QUOTE]

fucking lol this got me

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8522/8562936729_49b6535c86_m.jpg
image.php

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

To Enter

I just realised that I never got my patch and button for that MS Paint contest a while back. lol

Fotos

IN THEATERS THIS APRIL

What program did you use to draw this?

Top Bottom