• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Ghazi

For St Ps Days they Should have just mAde a ffa oddball game type where the oddball is reskinned to a mini keg and everyone is halo 3 armor chief green. Pretty simple goal, first one to drink x Amount of the keg wins. The downside, the further your lead, the more fucked up your vision gets. Shit would be hilarious by the end. Make it GTA IV levels of drunkeness.

something something Sarah Palin

please tell me you get it!?!

Ghazi

Nope, but I don't know anything about her.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/11/13/sarah-palins-reality-show-drinking-game.html

edit: Maybe I shouldn't have expected anyone to get that.

edit2: In hindsight that really made no sense, I am stupid.

So what's going on in H4 for st Patrick's?

They just made it to where in gametypes that there are set colors when you become for special things (griffball carrier, flood infection colors, etc.) they have been changed to green.

In certain playlists you turn green. Like if you're the king in regicide you turn green or if you have the ball in Grifball you turn green. Team Objective, Majestic FFA, CTF, Flood, Regicide, and Grifball all have this feature today.

Was kind of hoping for more, thats not a very interesting gimmick. That said its cool that they can set these settings for certain days. Gives us an insight into what they are capable of.

Ghazi

It was cool how in Gears of War they could change heads. For Easter they made everyone have bunny heads, for Valentines day everyone had hearts with the crimson omen on them, and for St. Patrick's day everyone got some funny head (I don't remember what it was) but it did have the green hat.

Just went on Grifball to see if the green spartan thing was cool and this happened:

3rmmvda.jpg

The game blackscreened and half the arena was missing afterwards lol, it slowly came back over the course of the game, but for the most part we played with the chunks missing, made the game more fun too.

Also whilst uploading this I realised I really like the main menu music, its not on the OST is it?

Forge is ugly. Instead of grey we have off white, brown and white but worse than that with have a broken shadowing system. objects with horrible magnet point placement ledges. Dips and lips placed randomly so the player is constantly hitting bumps when running.

Terrains given are pretty much entirely useless for forging on
Object limits make it impossible to make anything remotely decent.

The biggest complaint with Reach forge was that it was all grey. With Halo 4 its like they took those complaints literally and made a few dull colours rather than address the issue at hand and add real variety. I suppose to a degree they have to keep things uniform in order to allow them to blend into eachother as forge peices but all the same they just replaced one brand of dull with another.

The Erosion main space still seems to have been totally ignored as far as maps go.

Poor David :(

Just throwing it out there, but I wonder if a Tron-style forge palette would work (high contrast dark pieces with very basic detail outlined by glowing lines - think the Stunt Ramp but applied to all the pieces).

So, you have 3 RAM sticks? This isn't really good, because RAM works either on dual channel or on quad channel mode. Depends on which motherboard and chipset you have.

You are slowing down your RAM speed with that. Always buy in pairs of 2 or 4 sticks and it also should be the same brand.

There's triple channel too bucko. Better brush up on dat knowledge. Here's mine (1600's @ 6x4GB):

ShwjRD4.png

On a related note, was at a sports bar last night, some guys almost came to blows on whether it's St. Patty's Day or St. Paddy's Day lol.

Heh, story time: I thought I was going to get in a fight last night.

Standing around drinking at a crowded bar/club with friends when some asshole starts dancing beside our group; he keeps bumping backwards into my lady friend. I grab him by the shoulder and say "HEY. Back off." The guy gives a halfhearted "sorry, bro" but moves away through the crowd. A minute later someone taps me on the shoulder. Same dude. I now notice this guy is a walking muscle and looks like he could rip me in two. My friends give me nervous glances, fearing the worst, but the guy just shakes my hand and profusely apologizes for bumping into us earlier.

He then tells me he owns a tow company and says to call if I ever have car trouble and need a free tow. He hands me his business card:

"A.B. Camel Towing"

Akai__

This day is full of shit. My dad is in hospital, too, but he is okay for now.

You have my deepest condolence, David. :'(

---

Edit:
There's triple channel too bucko. Better brush up on dat knowledge. Here's mine (1600's @ 6x4GB):

ShwjRD4.png

What's your motherboard and what's your RAM? 1st time I see that.

Top Bottom