• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Overdoziz

Banned
I have a 20GB 360 =(
If you don't have any DLC, don't want the game itself installed and don't want the hi-res texture pack installed you only need around 2GB of space.

Here are the required installs:
to play online you need:

Battlefield 3 Title Update (183MB)

Multiplayer Update 6 (1.8GB)

and to play certain expansion maps you need:

Battlefield 3 Update (2.1GB) = Back To Karkand

Multiplayer Update 3 (2.4GB) = Close Quarters

Armored Kill (1.6GB) = Armored Kill

Aftermath (1.6GB) = Aftermath

End Game (~2GB) = End game

Gui_PT

If you don't have any DLC, don't want the game itself installed and don't want the hi-res texture pack installed you only need around 2GB of space.

Here are the required installs:

That's actually not too bad. Thanks!

Ebay Search
Xbox 360 Hard Drive 250GB
Buy it now
Least expensive to Most expensive

No way of buying stuff online.
Besides I just returned from London where my employer went into Administration which left me poorer than before.

Don't follow you dreams, kids. Not worth it.

FyreWulff

Some really good teammates in Wars. They're instructing me to take reactors and bailing my ass out.. seems that community does a pretty good job of helping people out

edit: as soon as I type that my teammate resigns 5 seconds into the next game

I felt Karkand was overall the weakest. Even Close Quarters was good. End Game or Armored Kill's my favorite.

I keep coming across people saying end game reminds them of BC2 maps, which is awesome.

Man, BC2 had some strong launch maps, perhaps the best launch maps since H2.

Panama Canal

Valparaíso

Isle Inocentes

Arica Harbour

Port Valdez

White Pass

I even enjoyed Nelson Bay.

Ramirez

I keep coming across people saying end game reminds them of BC2 maps, which is awesome.

Panama Canal

Valparaíso

Isle Inocentes

Arica Harbour

Port Valdez

White Pass

I think PC gamers look down on BC series, but BC2 was god tier, and BF3 didn't even come close to touching it for me.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Panama Canal

Valparaíso

Isle Inocentes

Arica Harbour

Port Valdez

White Pass

I agree completely. Arica Harbor Rush is one my all time favs. Same for Panama Canal Conquest. Bad Company 2 was great.

I think PC gamers look down on BC series, but BC2 was god tier, and BF3 didn't even come close to touching it for me.

Agreed.

PC gamers mostly hated the fact that it was console orientated.

Perhaps, you should give BF3 another chance with end game and CTF coming soon for non-premuim members.

As a side not, it seem like dice have made a lot of improvement across the game, especially when it comes to UI. Like being able to create and join a squad more easily in game, and bieng able to quit after a game ends in the stats screen.

Although BC2 still has a better UI, I miss when it would tell you what map came next, whether you were attacking or defending, and the location of the M-Coms on the map.

Some really good teammates in Wars. They're instructing me to take reactors and bailing my ass out.. seems that community does a pretty good job of helping people out

edit: as soon as I type that my teammate resigns 5 seconds into the next game

Too bad the twitch app is bunz..

Ramirez

Agreed.

PC gamers mostly hated the fact that it was console orientated.

Perhaps, you should give BF3 another chance with end game and CTF coming soon for non-premuim member.

As a side not, it seem like dice have made a lot of improvement across the game, especially when it comes to UI.

Eh, figure I'll trade TR in after I beat it and migrate to the new shitty ass Gears game.

Havok

My condolences to the Ellis family.
I agree. Part of that is probably that I have BF3 on PC and they don't tend to play a lot of Rush, which I prefer over Conquest since it's generally more focused and paced less like deathmatch.

Ramirez

Fair enough.

TR is great, shame there is no replay value in it at all.

And the MP is atrocious, don't know why they really bothered.

It really is great, I'm like 8-9 hours in and have yet to be disappointed/frustrated with anything in the game, really rare for me now a days.

It even has me wanting to check out Underworld & Anny, I've slept on the TR franchise since the first one, lol.

^ My thoughts exactly Havok, Rush to me is such a better gametype than Conquest.

GrizzNKev

Banned
So, you have 3 RAM sticks? This isn't really good, because RAM works either on dual channel or on quad channel mode. Depends on which motherboard and chipset you have.

You are slowing down your RAM speed with that. Always buy in pairs of 2 or 4 sticks and it also should be the same brand.

Nah, I have 2 2GB and 2 4GB. Same freq, same brand.

I can into computers.

Yeah, I had to stop. Two or three games in a row where my teammates both resigned in the first 10 seconds of the game. It's like.. whhyyy.

I built a secret base and then harrassed them with a scarab until the very end though :lol

One thing I disliked about HW is the party restriction for 3v3s. You can't even play them if you only have two players ;[

So much room for improvement to an already fun game. A sequel with SmartGlass integration just makes too much sense!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Get BF3! I've been trying to get back into it. Get a squad going.
I was actually thinking about that a few days ago. I think I might. I know nothing about the game, though. Would I have to buy a bunch of DLC and stuff?

FyreWulff

One thing I disliked about HW is the party restriction for 3v3s. You can't even play them if you only have two players ;[

So much room for improvement to an already fun game. A sequel with SmartGlass integration just makes too much sense!

I'm amazed at it's population too.. although all the DLC playlists are dead:

RjLVTzJ.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
I was actually thinking about that a few days ago. I think I might. I know nothing about the game, though. Would I have to buy a bunch of DLC and stuff?

I'd recommend getting at least one expansion. They're worth the money. Look around; you might be able to find the Premium Edition (comes with all 5 expansions) for a good price. If not, you could always get some MS points for cheap in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

As far as not knowing anything about the game, no problem. Once you play for a bit, everything starts to click. Since you've only played Halo MP for the most part, it might take some time, though. The game isn't so great when playing alone, but working in tandem with a squad of friends rivals Halo imo. It gets really intense.

Top Bottom