• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Pop

How is it Bungie can work on a multiplatfrom game (that going to be released on 2 generations of consoles) Treyarch can also work on a multiplatfrom game and both have "up to date" apps and sites. 343i have one game for one console and they what, dont have the time?

This is exactly what bugs me about them. They sometimes don't seem to have their shit together.

They really don't.

So damn slow about everything and when finally executed it's a mess.

Bungie is outsourcing too

Ok so outsource it then. Why is this taking so long? You launch a game that isn't complete, you take forever to update it (like with the file share fiasco), and you don't even bother updating your app...

Why not allow me to browse the file share and download files or view videos of games all from the app??

This is one of reasons other games are passing in front of Halo. Hell, even FIFA has a damn app that's up to date.

The competition is doing its job by keeping the community engaged in their games even when their not playing the game, whether its by allowing you to buy and sell players or customizing your load-out via their apps. Its a small thing that goes a long way. This is what the big games are doing now. All of them. And 343 is still playing catch up.

If 343 don't pick up the pace soon, they will be racing from behind for a long LONG time to come. Wake up 343.

Midship Lockout Ivory Tower. Whoops, forgot about Sanctuary. Anything else is big team garbo and that was DEFINITELY where the host won.

Troll harder. Big Team garbo? Gtfoh son, big team in Halo 2 was better than any other halo game.

There were a handful of bad maps in H2, everything else was golden. There were some problems online no doubt, and I remember them well. That shit was still more fun than Halo 3 or 4 has been.

If they do an anniversary game the right way, it wont sell a shit tonne, it wont top the live charts or none of that. But it will be a day 1 purchase for me and my new online shooter home.

All this talk of Halo 3 PC is crazy. After CE and H2V expecting it to be a good port is beyond optimistic. Its going to be a bare minimum port with limited resolution support and horrible to no support for modding via official tools.

m23

First one to reply to this will get a code for $20 off Bioshock Infinite. It's only for Canadians though, not that I don't love everyone else, its just that its only available for a specific Canadian retailer.

First one to reply to this will get a code for $20 off Bioshock Infinite. It's only for Canadians though, not that I don't love everyone else, its just that its only available for a specific Canadian retailer.

i wish i was canadian

on a side note: when are we gonna get that halo 3 consolidation :(

All this talk of Halo 3 PC is crazy. After CE and H2V expecting it to be a good port is beyond optimistic. Its going to be a bare minimum port with limited resolution support and horrible to no support for modding via official tools.

Steam usually has a higher quality bar than Games for windows live though right?

Nebula

Speaking of Halo 4 chugging along, has anybody else encountered significantly reduced framerates on the original Xbox 360 model compared to the slim model?

The other day I switched over to my old Xbox 360 (I usually play on a slim) and was playing BTB. The framerate was so poor it was downright unplayable. Coincidence?

I noticed that having it run from the disc instead of HDD drops framerates on all BTB maps massively, to the point of unplayability.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Microsoft has been super fucking weird lately. I don't know what they're pushing when they're developing iOS exclusive games, WP8 exclusive games, Rare is open to doing Nintendo titles again (and has in the past post-sale), trying to get devs to sell stuff on the Windows Store and they're putting games on Steam sans-GWFL. To top it all off, they're having sales that aren't terrible too.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Fotos

Just thought of a cool idea for Action Sack or Team Snipers. There are 3 classes available to you when you join the game.

1. Primary: Sniper Rifle
Secondary: Shotgun

2. Primary: Beam Rifle
Secondary: Energy Sword

3. Primary: Binary Rifle
Secondary: Scattershot

Binary class is kind of over powered but is balanced out due to the inconsistency of the Scattershot. This would be pretty cool with the same settings as Binary Slayer.

Omni

Just finished Tomb Raider, do yourselves a favor and play it. Not a single dull/bad moment in the game, damn.

Yah, Tombs Optional Raider was pretty decent. Really quite dull going through and collecting stuff after finishing the story though... No enemies or anything spawn.

IHaveIce

Banned
Just thought of a cool idea for Action Sack or Team Snipers. There are 3 classes available to you when you join the game.

Binary class is kind of over powered but is balanced out due to the inconsistency of the Scattershot. This would be pretty cool with the same settings as Binary Slayer.

Beam Rifle would be bonkers. That thing is so easy to use. The weapon is almost better unscoped than scoped because of the easy snapshots

I finished up God of War Ascension last night. That game is disgustingly short if it was not for a semi emergency id of finished in one sitting of 4 hours. I have not checked but my playtime is around 5 hours and that is only because its artificially extended because of a difficult section called Trails of Archimedes which took me a few retries but only due to the fact that its 3 consecutive battles against enemies with too much health no saving and very few health soul rewards during the battle.

The ending is terrible.

It was good but not worth the money. Wait till its $20 or less.

Fotos

Beam Rifle would be bonkers. That thing is so easy to use. The weapon is almost better unscoped than scoped because of the easy snapshots

But you can counter that by constantly spamming the AA button and using thrusters to get close up and use your secondary.

I finished up God of War Ascension last night. That game is disgustingly short if it was not for a semi emergency id of finished in one sitting of 4 hours. I have not checked but my playtime is around 5 hours and that is only because its artificially extended because of a difficult section called Trails of Archimedes which took me a few retries but only due to the fact that its 3 consecutive battles against enemies with too much health no saving and very few health soul rewards during the battle.

The ending is terrible.

Man, 4-5 hours is pretty disappointing. Although I wasn't planning on picking it up for a while anyway.

You could introduce this cross-faction loadout system across a bunch of arcade games and it'd be fun as hell. Like say Rockets/Fuel Rods/Incineration Cannons (with limited ammo to balance it), Swords/Gravity Hammers etc. Just call it Faction Frenzy or some bullshit.

Ramirez

Except the end. Man that climbing ice shit at the end was boring.

Nothing particularly stood out to me as annoying at the end? The huge section of ice climbing with shit falling towards you was a pretty tense set piece with the music accompanying it, IMO.

Yah, Tombs Optional Raider was pretty decent. Really quite dull going through and collecting stuff after finishing the story though... No enemies or anything spawn.

Yea, I don't fuck with that. I complete the main game, and done. I 100% Red Dead and by the end I was starting to despise it.

I need to pick this up.. I know it revived a lot of grief from Gaf pre-release, but everything I saw looked really fun.

How long is the SP?

Typical knee jerk GAF reaction to nothing.

The SP probably took me 10-12 hours? That's another thing, the game doesn't drag, it does such a great job of mixing everything up so that you never get bored of doing something. Perfect length, where as I feel all of the Uncharted's dragged on for far too long.

OverHeat

« generous god »

The ending is terrible.

even if the game was short it was still on of the better god of war IMO

Fotos

You could introduce this cross-faction loadout system across a bunch of arcade games and it'd be fun as hell. Like say Rockets/Fuel Rods/Incineration Cannons (with limited ammo to balance it), Swords/Gravity Hammers etc. Just call it Faction Frenzy or some bullshit.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I would post this in the Action Sack forum on Waypoint but I am banned for 1,000 years.

Man, 4-5 hours is pretty disappointing. Although I wasn't planning on picking it up for a while anyway.

I really feel like it was because they forced multiplayer in which is okay but completely unneeded like Bioshock 2 MP sure it might be fun but really the game didn't need it.

Unlockable content is at an all time low. 2 Kratos skins (normal and olive skin) and the rest is MP content ported to SP with low res textures.

Pop

I really feel like it was because they forced multiplayer in which is okay but completely unneeded like Bioshock 2 MP sure it might be fun but really the game didn't need it.

Unlockable content is at an all time low. 2 Kratos skins (normal and olive skin) and the rest is MP content ported to SP with low res textures.

Hey now, that was great.

Microsoft has been super fucking weird lately. I don't know what they're pushing when they're developing iOS exclusive games, WP8 exclusive games, Rare is open to doing Nintendo titles again (and has in the past post-sale), trying to get devs to sell stuff on the Windows Store and they're putting games on Steam sans-GWFL. To top it all off, they're having sales that aren't terrible too.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Microsoft pisses me off.. They HAVE the damn means to make such great games, but they just shit on themselves over and over ;\

What's the problem?

GrizzNKev

Banned
A whole new batch of games from that Steam "list" (and some new ones too) have been confirmed through achievement lists. Still no Halo yet.

Omni

Yea, I don't fuck with that. I complete the main game, and done. I 100% Red Dead and by the end I was starting to despise it.

Yeah. I was just trying to get achievements because the main story gives you so few, haha. Eventually gave up doing so however

Anyone know what's up with the glyphs in Silentium? Noticed one on 'String 3'

Eh.
Rambo game with no depth to any of its systems, the environment scaling, the combat, the writing, all skin-deep with no bite.

That's how I feel about it, but it's worth noting that I've only played about an hour or so. I do want to play more.

edit: Also, during that short time I played, I kept feeling like the game thought I was an idiot, which got old

I just realized: rather than enforce a permaban, why not do something similar to this for Waypoint bans?

*pic of Librarian with a Binary Rifle, freshly fired, Cryptum in background*

"I beg of you... find the strength to help them learn from our mistakes. And my husband? Let them teach you something. Please."

YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR A HUNDRED MILLENIA.

Never stopped being true though :p

not-a-single-fuck-charmander.jpg

Because they aren't three years old.

Must be some really smart three-year-olds.

Top Bottom