• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Lol, gauss hog isn't op because people don't have power weapons. People spawn with plasmas and an emp gun. There's literally no need for any anti vehicle weapons.

It's just op by nature

Of course Gauss is OP. I'm not trying to say it isn't. Scorpion is OP as well, as is Banshee. Their appearance in H2/H3 wasn't such a major issue, though- for the reasons I mentioned. When they appeared on a map, some means for dealing with them would be present as well.

Now the answer is supposedly to spawn with PP/stickies and send people out into the open to get shit on repeatedly until someone gets it to work. It's a joke.

u4iX

Finally!

This update has totally restored my faith.

From day one, the only thing we've been asking for is the ability for 343 to make changes to matchmaking, and that day has finally come.

135519775103.gif

I can't wait for the update that allows for updates!

Happy birthday fellow wolf pack member, will howl at the moon once for you tonight.

Also yes as people above said, if the speed is right and the maps are right you dont need sprint, did you need sprint while you were enjoying Halo CE? What about Halo 2? Or Halo 3 did you need sprint then?

If the settings are fine you dont need it, its one of those options you think are good but really dont add anything for Halo. CoD has huge maps and you need it.

N I'm not saying remove it hell you could keep it in BTB (maybe as a loudout AA - like Reach) but to give it as a default power everyone can use....thats not Halo!

Up the movement speed and reduce map size and you'll have that Halo feeling again, 343 you do not have to follow in the footsteps of other fps's there is not one specific pathway to the best FPS...

1-2 hours at Prime, and usually you go up to a mic for questions, first come-first serve. I think my group was in like for the Prime Halo 4 panel 2 hours early and got the front of the line, only to see Fu and Duncan waltz up with Alison and get right in. :p In their defense I had non-HaloGaffers in tow. I did get to meet Frank that day though.

I usually got there at 10 or whenever it opened because fuck waking up earlier. Though I'll get there ASAP on friday whenever my morning lab gets out. I know that there is a line that builds up early. If you want to beat longass wait lines then try and get there early to line up and rush the most popular booths.

I know Halo 4 booth will be giving away swag to some early people.

And they'll probably have a mic line for questions.

The Halo 4 panel is probably gonna have a line building early on. At NYCC we got there like almost an hour early and the line was massive.

damn.

Yea I have class until 11 tomorrow so I'll probably check out the microsoft booth on saturday since i'll be there early. Hopefully the line for the H4 panel isn't too bad, but I'll goto look at it around 4:30, and hope for the best.

thanks for the info

I remember BTB playing just fine without sprint in Halo 1-3.

Difference was 1-3 had far superior maps for BTB. Also 1-3 didnt originally have sprint in them only to be removed later on.

They went with sprint in Halo 4 from the get go. They wont be removing it. Its not even that big of a deal really. I prefer having sprint, speeds the game up and gives you more options. Now if they removed AAs altogether you wont hear me complaining.

Fuck armour abilities.

If the Halo 4 panel isn't being streamed, I'll do my best to live-tweet it.

Any questions about Castle? Pretty sure I'll play it tonight. TU as well, I suppose.

Maybe the reveal for additional weapon adjustment (including "knobs") comes with the release of the Halo 4: Armory app for Smartglass. It allows you to use your touch-screen interface to modify weapon specifics and give them new properties (such as charge shots or even ammo count) and save said "weapon sets" into custom gametypes, whose actual settings you can then modify in-game.

JackHerer

Difference was 1-3 had far superior maps for BTB. Also 1-3 didnt originally have sprint in them only to be removed later on.

They went with sprint in Halo 4 from the get go. They wont be removing it. Its not even that big of a deal really. I prefer having sprint, speeds the game up and gives you more options. Now if they removed AAs altogether you wont hear me complaining.

Fuck armour abilities.

Reach Anniversary BTB was actually pretty good. Probably because Timberlands and Headlong were the only good BTB maps in that game though.

No sprint in BTB is fine as long as the maps are good.

I still don't know if completely removing sprint is a great idea (not that they would ever do it anyway). Still, it would be nice to have an actual classic playlist with no sprint, BRs and carbines as the only mid-range rifles, descoping, etc.

Throwdown is the only thing worth playing in this game now, glad it's getting updated.

BigShow36

Is there an option to turn off sprint anywhere?

No, they decided to replace that option with the much more important option to have the leaders armor turn white and their helmet catch on fire when they enter the hill with a 10-point lead differential on extraction gametypes played at midnight.

Reach Anniversary BTB was actually pretty good. Probably because Timberlands and Headlong were the only good BTB maps in that game though.

No sprint in BTB is fine as long as the maps are good.

I still don't know if completely removing sprint is a great idea (not that they would ever do it anyway). Still, it would be nice to have an actual classic playlist with no sprint, BRs and carbines as the only mid-range rifles, descoping, etc.

Throwdown is the only thing worth playing in this game now, glad it's getting updated.

Id be fine with no sprint in 4v4. There's really no need for sprint on the small maps. But untill 343/CA start designing better BTB maps then sprint needs to stay.

Danny 117

Pleased enough with the contents of the TU. Red X's were badly needed and are a welcome addition. I am disappointed that they have not completed their weapon balancing yet but the fact that they can change it at will without a TU now is reassuring.

I would love campaign theater but that just looks like a pipe dream at this stage.

If the Halo 4 panel isn't being streamed, I'll do my best to live-tweet it.

Any questions about Castle? Pretty sure I'll play it tonight. TU as well, I suppose.
see if there's any way to make these maps work for the 4v4 gametypes. You know, the ones that make up the majority of the playlists.

As a follow up question: if the decision was made early on to skew the balance of map output towards larger teams, why don't the playlists and gametypes show this decision?

see if there's any way to make these maps work for the 4v4 gametypes. You know, the ones that make up the majority of the playlists.

As a follow up question: if the decision was made early on to skew the balance of map output towards larger teams, why don't the playlists and gametypes show this decision?
Ask about Halo Legends 2. Got it.

Ask about Halo Legends 2. Got it.

"In keeping with making all parties happy, Halo Legends used eastern animation, and we tend to expand on that... you guys know The Animatrix? Well, Halo Legends 2 will be nothing but Halo-based Bollywood short films.

Western Animation? Ehhh... we'll pitch it to Certain Affinity and see if it's something they could handle. I don't know that we have that kind of bandwidth. Hey, you guys wanna see the new Pizza Hut Infinity Challenge playlist?"

can someone post the TU info here? waypoint is blocked at the office

• Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
  • Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
  • Reduced the auto aim, magnetism and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
  • Fixed an issue in which some players at SR-130 did not see their Specialization on their in-game Player Card.
  • Fixed various issues with ordnance navigation markers.
  • Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.
  • Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.

Nebula

I'm glad we got some backend tuning so 343 can change stuff when they feel they are ready. Red Xs are obviously a good thing and I'm glad that is happening. I would start playing Team Throwdown but there will be a new FFA playlist with forge maps (two of my favourite things in one playlist yay!) so my time will be devoted to that.

Nice news, hopefully we see some weapon changes very soon. 4 months of DMR hate should have got that ball rolling long ago.

broony

can someone post the TU info here? waypoint is blocked at the office

As we announced last week, various teams across the studio have been hard at work on an additional title update for Halo 4. Expected to release within the next few weeks, it’s in a finalized enough state where we’d like to go ahead and share its change list with you. Before I divulge the specifics, I’d like to say one thing: While the list may appear small at first glance, one thing in particular presents a myriad of future opportunities. More on that momentarily. For now, here are the changes that will hit Halo 4 once you’re prompted to download this update.
Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
Reduced the auto aim, magnetism and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
Fixed an issue in which some players at SR-130 did not see their Specialization on their in-game Player Card.
Fixed various issues with ordnance navigation markers.
Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.
Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.
If your ears perked up with that last one, you probably understand what this means. Previously added weapon adjustments, such as the Bolt Shot Nerf that went live last month, needed a title update in order to be released. With this title update, we are adding the ability to make weapon adjustments outside of the standard title update process. This will allow us to fine tune and tweak the Halo 4 sandbox as often or not as often as needed. One thing to keep in mind is that even the tiniest of changes affects the sandbox as a whole, so these adjustments will be closely scrutinized and carefully tested before being released. We’ll be sharing more about the different things we can do with our soon-to-be-acquired weapon-tuning “knobs” in our PAX East panel, so keep your ear close to the ground for the latest on that particular aspect of the title update.

It wasn't hard to copy paste.

take away sprint and...wait for it...

make base movement much faster.

wow, evolution.

Increase base movement speed and provide an abundance of vehicles. Add man cannons and teleporters if necessary.

Okay, I know it sounds kind of lacking, but it's better than sprint.

So you want move faster without penalties and move across the map wihout doing anything just teleport away.

Regular melees to kill should be 3. 1 for shield, 2 for health. Use Halo 2's momentum system - jump melees, running melees, etc. do additional damage. Sprint Melee will not receive any bonuses, however. This also buffs Thruster by extension because it could potentially be a two-hit kill.

You sit back, trust your superior aim, and pick up the flag by accident.

More like two for shields and one for health, it worked fine on Reach anniversary playlist.

Tawpgun

So you want move faster without penalties and move across the map wihout doing anything just teleport away.

God its like Halo 1-3 was like the dark ages or something.

It worked fine and was overall better for gameplay. We want everyone to move at the same speed and be combat capable. Not choose between slow and combat capable vs fast and not being able to shoot. Like it used to be.

Sprint feels nice, but its all in your head. And its hard to get that perception out.

Nebula

God its like Halo 1-3 was like the dark ages or something.

It worked fine and was overall better for gameplay. We want everyone to move at the same speed and be combat capable. Not choose between slow and combat capable vs fast and not being able to shoot. Like it used to be.

Sprint feels nice, but its all in your head. And its hard to get that perception out.

It would be nice to be able to strafe again.

Halo went to Washington as a guest. He ate Frankie's bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with his friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may 343i choke upon their fables. I drink with Frankie, jape with Jessica, promise Ellis the hand of my own beloved granddaughter…but never think that means I have forgotten. The fans remember, Lord Davos. The fans remember, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.
I really hope for your sake that most people don't understand this post...

Fuchsdh

"In keeping with making all parties happy, Halo Legends used eastern animation, and we tend to expand on that... you guys know The Animatrix? Well, Halo Legends 2 will be nothing but Halo-based Bollywood short films.

Western Animation? Ehhh... we'll pitch it to Certain Affinity and see if it's something they could handle. I don't know that we have that kind of bandwidth. Hey, you guys wanna see the new Pizza Hut Infinity Challenge playlist?"

I really think the biggest thing holding back Legends was the Japanese. Eastern animation and sentiments don't mesh with western storytelling and style.

Top Bottom