• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

So if we think Halo 4 is better than Halo 3 we are considered a troll now? As far as options Halo 3 was better than Halo 4 yes. Functionality was better in Halo 3. But I enjoy playing Halo 4 MP far more than I did Halo 3. I disliked Halo 3 MP personally. I could not stand the maps. My play from Halo 2 dropped from 5k MP games to like 380 halo 3 MP games. Simply because I hated the Halo 3 maps. There were maybe 3 good maps. Now this is all opinion so I am not stating it as fact, but how I felt about Halo 3. I can say that I have enjoyed Halo 4 maps a lot more than Halo 3. They still have their own issues though. The map sizes were so big at launch that it made smaller games with less people less fun. I know that maps were initially bigger because of the new features.

Personally I would prefer if Sprint was removed from the game completely. That would fix any scale issues for older map remakes. It would also allow for smaller maps to play better IMO. I know giving everyone sprint was done because sprint as an ability was not exactly balanced with the other abilities. I would have the abilities removed as well and just have over-shield and inviz as pickups ala Halo 1. I also understand that I am not in the majority on these topics, but to think that just because someone enjoys Halo 4 more than Halo 3 means they must be a troll is a little crazy. Everyone enjoys games for different reasons.

And yes I understand that me saying Halo 4 is better than Halo 3, then explaining what is wrong with Halo 4 is counter productive and making an argument against myself. I can say I think Halo 4 is closer to my style than Halo 3 was. Halo 3's Maps and pick up items ruined Halo 3 for me. Not ruined, that not the right word. It made it not fun to play. Halo 4 recaptured some of that lost feelings I had while playing a match. The adrenaline rush, the I MUST WIN this match feeling. It has its flaws, at least in my eyes, but I can just hope 343 does things to fix the issues.

In my perfect world Halo 2 MP with new maps would be perfect. Maybe I will get a Halo 2 Anniversary that will actually have its own independent MP and not an addon map pack and playlist like the did with CEA and Reach's MP. The classic maps and the classic fun is what made it fun. Each game was fun in it's own right, but not the same level. Of course this is all just my opinion. Everyone has their own.

You basically just said you didn't like the Halo 3 maps. You don't like default Sprint, how do you feel about the changes to maps to accommodate Sprint? The maps in Halo 4 are poor except for Majestic and Haven.

Homeboyd

I interact with a good number of top forgers and none of them were aware of Forge Island prior to the panel. They obviously do listen to feedback (i was one of the vocal supporters of flat spaces) but having a top level forger on staff would be greatly beneficial to future projects. I can think of one forger (who is also a game developer) in particular who would be a godly candidate for that position. In fact he would be perfection for the position.
Lol damn

Here's a super ultra duper sneak preview on a megapost I'm writing that has a few ideas that could be used to vastly streamline the custom game options in future titles. Remember having to manually spend about 20 minutes just to get a custom Firefight game working? Me, either.

BeRA2EG.jpg

What happened?

There playlist that is going to edited weapon values is Legendary Slayer

a MIX of Throwdown and INFINITY.

I guess they don't really understand what competitive means...

Also ranks wont be shown so they competitive community has officially left Halo. A good day is when Halo 4 peaks higher than 50k.

The final map pack has 2 more BTB maps and a medium map. Total small maps in Halo 4 : 2 Haven and one of those Majestic maps (the other two are medium)

Castles is coming out soon and I still dont have Majestic, Frankie PM me that map pack code cause you love me so much.

Also Who was asking for a forge world 2? Please link me a post in the 15 OT's that ever mentioned a demand for that? It was never said. NOONE wanted this. We need small maps. FROM you guys. We dont want to play on small lego maps. Fix the map problem stop making the community fix YOUR problems.
Just buy it, it's the first map pack worth owning since mythic 2.

I worked at a 30-person ad agency and rarely knew anything about my own projects, let alone anything going on around the building. Can't imagine how that would scale up to a business the size of 343, especially with the amount of plates they're spinning at once.

Definitely. Apparently no one on HaloGAF has worked on a large project at a large company before.

Also ranks wont be shown so they competitive community has officially left Halo. A good day is when Halo 4 peaks higher than 50k.

The final map pack has 2 more BTB maps and a medium map. Total small maps in Halo 4 : 2 Haven and one of those Majestic maps (the other two are medium)

Infinity
Throwdown
Legendary

Yeah, that won't confuse anyone...

Just buy it, it's the first map pack worth owning since mythic 2.

No I've watched them a bunch on Twitch they are medium maps disguised as small maps and I dont really play Halo 4 enough to warrant a purchase of maps that should have been included at release.

No you guys dont understand Throwdown population is low. Its going to be

Infinity
Legendary (WHICH HAS INFINITY IN IT)

You dont understand the ad-wizards in charge of MM still?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What'd they say about it so far? I missed everything.

Only that it's a mix between Infinity and Throwdown.

My guess is no personal ordnance, static weapon respawns but full customizable loadouts and such but with the new weapon balances coming.

I don't think the competitive community left just because of ranks. I think they left because the game wasn't made with them in mind.

Only that it's a mix between Infinity and Throwdown.

My guess is no personal ordnance, static weapon respawns but full customizable loadouts and such but with the new weapon balances coming.

I'm actually OK with personal ordnance if they'd just tone it down. Shotguns/Needler/SAW should be the best weapons you can pull out of personal ordnance. Should be that way for Infinity as well, IMO- especially BTB. Every game of Infinity BTB I play, by the time you're two minutes in, half the people on the map have either a sniper variant or a rocket variant in their hands. It's freakin' silly.

Why is their always that guy I see, that nothing please them and will complain about something at any given chance

Thats pretty meta...

I'm complaining because I want my complaints to be heard (kind of like how apparently Forgers complaints were heard)

I want a good Halo, I offer everyday how to do it. Sorry you can ignore me though if you want.

What gets me the most is usually during these panels and TU's where they tell you what there is to look ahead to and you realize damn youre fixes arent even in the pipeline yet...

I still need to buy and read Silentium.

So, Forgers, is there anything that Forge Island doesn't do or hasn't announced that you would like to see realistically implemented? I'm just curious what some of the other major demands for Forge in Halo 4 were. Well, other than color/texture/palette swaps which I imagine cannot be added into Halo 4. Maybe next time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm actually OK with personal ordnance if they'd just tone it down. Shotguns/Needler/SAW should be the best weapons you can pull out of personal ordnance. Should be that way for Infinity as well, IMO- especially BTB. Every game of Infinity BTB I play, by the time you're two minutes in, half the people on the map have either a sniper variant or a rocket variant in their hands. It's freakin' silly.

In social stuff, I'm fine with it. As a standard, competitive multiplayer aspect, I'm not. But yea, it largely depends on what's actually being dropped.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I still need to buy and read Silentium.

So, Forgers, is there anything that Forge Island doesn't do or hasn't announced that you would like to see realistically implemented? I'm just curious what some of the other major demands for Forge in Halo 4 were. Well, other than color/texture/palette swaps which I imagine cannot be added into Halo 4. Maybe next time.

The lack of precision editing pissed off a lot of Forgers.

Conor 419

Banned
Here. It's a good read, though, so I' definitely recommend you read the entire book. Some bombshells, mostly about
the origins of the Flood
, but it's nowhere near the "Holy Crap"-fest Cryptum was.

Well shit.

I miss the simpler days where the Flood were just some goofy organic life form, and the Forerunners were mysterious and cool

This. It's fun to earn something like a needler or whatever but spawning your own Binary Rifle and staring at Ragnarok's hill is not [for the other team].

Merguson

Banned
I remembered I had these.. I asked a while ago if anyone wanted these but no takers.. so I'll just post it and let the lurkers have them.

Avatar Prop (Cyrotube) : TPQKD - 2WHGW - 2FPHM - TFBM3 - P96VW

Female Avatar Armor (Spartan 4): W69JP - XPFHB - 67GGY - MTX4B - 7QPK3

For a "Special Edition" of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.. quote to reveal the code. For GAF members.

EDIT: People still play Halo?

I remembered I had these.. I asked a while ago if anyone wanted these but no takers.. so I'll just post it and let the lurkers have them.

For a "Special Edition" of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.. quote to reveal the code. For GAF members.

I took the Cryotube. Thanks!

Ghazi

EDIT: People still play Halo?
No I missed FUD!

It's already been used :(

Well shit.

I miss the simpler days where the Flood were just some goofy organic life form, and the Forerunners were mysterious and cool

I kinda like how they're portrayed now, as
a mad solution from a dead race that got out of hand

^ Silentium spoilers, for those here who care.

Top Bottom