• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Since Instant Respawn can be disabled in Customs now, who's interested in doing up the 2v2 HaloGAF League again?

Gordon

Clearly boosted
33831537.jpg

Ghazi

My roommate took "Staggard Goose"

My friends are "Suspected Hydra" and something equally dumb
I remember when I first signed I got laughedorchid48, which somehow led to some guy calling me gay in a Halo 3 lobby, he said it was because "orchids can change their own genders" and I have no idea why anyone would just have knowledge like that lying around unless they were a Botanist or something similar.

Fuchsdh

My roommate took "Staggard Goose"

My friends are "Suspected Hydra" and something equally dumb

Getting on now. Play halo. GT is Booties

I dunno, there's something enjoyable quixotic about them.

I remember when I first signed I got laughedorchid48, which somehow led to some guy calling me gay in a Halo 3 lobby, he said it was because "orchids can change their own genders" and I have no idea why anyone would just have knowledge like that lying around unless they were a Botanist or something similar.

I know that, and I'm not a botanist. I would say the bigger question is why is someone educated enough to know that but still enough of a douche to poke fun at someone's supposed sexuality (derived from a username.)

Gordon

I have 9,621 kills and only 3 of those are from the pulse grenade.
peter-coffin-meme-generator-get-on-my-level-brah-31f74e.jpg

lol

Seriously though, Pulse Grenades are like the Focus Rifle of Halo 4. They're outclassed by many things, and largely ignored, but potentially capable of doing a moderate amount of damage. They're not OP per se, but the reduced count upon spawning with them is justified.

What is this I don't even.

Using the mantis effectively involves not getting close enough to have to rely on the stomp attack.

And this part of the sandbox isn't ignored. Pulse grenades are great for defensive setups and channeling player movement, but are terrible offensive tools. The ONLY people that get killed by them are terrible players or the occasional freak accident. Tying an achievement to getting kills with them (and a frickin' double kill at that - an almost implausibly stupid scenario) is just artificially manipulating the use of the sandbox, not encouraging underused assets. If they were truly more useful than frags or plasmas, people would have been using them on purpose already.
What I'm saying is that the Mantis and probably Pulse Grenades as well are more versatile than they initially appear, but people won't know it unless they're pushed out of their comfort zones and start using them more often. Learning how to stomp properly, the timing and range of the attack, is something that takes trial and error. Developing that skill makes that particular toy more fun to use, and the same goes for other elements of the sandbox. You can bet people are going to be using Pulse Grenades in the Majestic list, and you might even learn a new thing or two about them.

I honestly think someone at 343 is secretly trying to kill Halo. I guess they didnt think camo abuse was prevalent enough yet, cant wait to play FFA on the new maps and watch as everyone plays like assholes to get the new achievements!

Count me in for a boosting party, I may try and get a UK friendly time going next week if anyone is interested?

you might even learn a new thing or two about them.

I highly doubt this. You're acting like there is some mysterious feature or usage that has yet to be fully discovered. I pick them up whenever they're available because one can never have too many 'nades, but I'm not going to replace more versatile, damaging, and effective 'nades in my loadout all in the name of discovery. I tried the shit out of everything in this game and I know how to use pulse grenades just fine, but they hardly ever lead to kills unless you're going out of your way to get them, in which case you are guaranteed to have a more consistent result with frags or plasmas anyway.

Again, stupid achievements and terrible logic behind them for DLC.

Akai__

I honestly think someone at 343 is secretly trying to kill Halo. I guess they didnt think camo abuse was prevalent enough yet, cant wait to play FFA on the new maps and watch as everyone plays like assholes to get the new achievements!

Count me in for a boosting party, I may try and get a UK friendly time going next week if anyone is interested?

I would be interested, because I don't see myself playing legitely, with Active Camo or Promethean Vision.

willow ve

Perhaps 343 doesnt know its not really an offensively viable nade because they are busy playing Blops II?

"It actually works really well when you're camo camping." <3, bs angel

----

In all honesty, fuck these shit achievements. Whomever thought these were a good idea should be fired. This is why boosting parties are formed (TrueAchievements for the win).

Ghazi

I know that, and I'm not a botanist
. I would say the bigger question is why is someone educated enough to know that but still enough of a douche to poke fun at someone's supposed sexuality (derived from a username.)
Not even a secret or part time Botanist?

Gordon

No sir, we did nothing of the sort.
Wasn't it invite only a while back? (I wouldn't know - I wasn't there lol)

Edit: My statement was based off the "New Members Guide" where is says "If you got in while our doors were open, nice work... and welcome! Otherwise you have been selected by our PR team" and a vague memory of not being able to join at one point.

CyReN

Just got the Majestic Map Pack codes, will be 2v2 on it with Jazzy and friends tonight. Anybody have any questions and whatnot? We will have gameplay too. Don't worry no running around using the Boltshot as a DMR or panic nades

Nebula

Time to play some Halo 4 methinks. Invite when you can Booties. Maybe playing with some people will make this bearable.

heckfu

Banned
Just got the Majestic Map Pack codes, will be 2v2 on it with Jazzy and friends tonight. Anybody have any questions and whatnot? We will have gameplay too. Don't worry no running around using the Boltshot as a DMR or panic nades

shit, give me a code, i actually like this game!

Top Bottom