• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

blamite

Where'd he do that?

hVPFqdw.png

eLMZDBT.png

Madness

Did Quinn just call Halo fans closed minded stooges?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngau...ars-of-war-judgment-was-designed-for-esports/

You guys should read this interview he did on how Gears: Judgment was designed for E-Sports. Specifically how the previous games were too slow and that they wanted to increase the speed of play.

Reminds me exactly of the reasoning behind instant respawn in Halo. Apparently kids need to always be sprinting and dying and respawning to enjoy the game. Maybe that's why they took out down but not out.

Another interesting tidbit is discussing how they've balanced weapons so everyone gets a chance to play a certain role. Much like DMR acts like a sniper and boltshot like a shotgun, without picking up those weapons.

Ghazi

Reminds me exactly of the reasoning behind instant respawn in Halo. Apparently kids need to always be sprinting and dying and respawning to enjoy the game.

And it makes me sad that I can't stop myself from doing so when the feature is there.

:p

GrizzNKev

Banned

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngau...ars-of-war-judgment-was-designed-for-esports/

You guys should read this interview he did on how Gears: Judgment was designed for E-Sports. Specifically how the previous games were too slow and that they wanted to increase the speed of play.

Reminds me exactly of the reasoning behind instant respawn in Halo. Apparently kids need to always be sprinting and dying and respawning to enjoy the game. Maybe that's why they took out down but not out.

Another interesting tidbit is discussing how they've balanced weapons so everyone gets a chance to play a certain role. Much like DMR acts like a sniper and boltshot like a shotgun, without picking up those weapons.

Competitive multiplayer is dead.

Do you think we could just start a campaign called Cheating Spartan Rank and everyone just cheat to get it as high as possible and just fuck shit up so they are all like "oh ok lets add normal ranks" too many cheaters want CSR!

Like game the system gaming us?

I mean is the population not low enough that we can spread our demands and get some results?

willow ve

Huge props for him calling it how he sees it. Not that I necessarily agree, I just think it's awesome anyway.

I'm interested to see what Halo forum he thinks is a good place to get feedback. It's not Waypoint. We've been told it's not here. Apparently it's not HaloCouncil. Maybe HBO (but aren't they moving on to DBO?)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm interested to see what Halo forum he thinks is a good place to get feedback. It's not Waypoint. We've been told it's not here. Apparently it's not HaloCouncil. Maybe HBO (but aren't they moving on to DBO?)

Who knows. He probably just picks and chooses where ever.

I'm sure HBO will still live even though DBO is going to be in full swing soon enough

Well, you are a known member of team #onmyknees, so not surprising.

Wowwwww

Same. Every forum is what he described, so why single them out? Not that I agree/disagree, but I wonder if there's something else going on..

Blueblur1

Guys like this will run the franchise into the ground. I seriously do not expect 343 to turn things around. They're version of Halo is inferior; it just blows. Unfortunately, they look like they're really set in their ways. I will not give them another dollar of my hard earned money unless they perform a 180 on how they approach the franchise.

Edit: Actually, more like run the multiplayer into the ground. I don't doubt Halo games will continue to sell but I'm sure future games will experience player drop-off like Halo 4 did. Or worse because of the changes made in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

The last Call of Duty MP I enjoyed was MW2. I feel that series has been long heading down hill in terms of Gameplay. The hype machine is insane for it and i respect some of the advancements they made.

Nowise10

What do you mean by "you guys"?

The amount of stuckup comments I've seen from people involved with beyond.

I don't get why you feel the need to continue to just post these tastless comments. They go nowhere, and will only end up being offensive.

Lets go rewind 2 hours ago in my eyeballs.

s8XUD8r.png

Good comment their saucey. I now know you are a douchebag.

CyReN

The amount of stuckup comments I've seen from people involved with beyond.

I don't get why you feel the need to continue to just post these tastless comments. They go nowhere, and will only end up being offensive.

Lets go rewind 2 hours ago in my eyeballs.

s8XUD8r.png

Good comment their saucey. I now know you are a douchebag.

I'm not Saucey, here's his twitter though if you would like to voice your dislike for him.

Take a step back though, you are taking it more serious than anyone involved here.

Top Bottom