• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Halo |OT16| On my "X."

Blaine_this.gif

Madness

Damn, the X's need to stay a second or two longer. They disappear far too fast. It's better than nothing, but sometimes, in the time it takes me to see where my teammate died or where his X is, it's already gone or my back is turned etc.

Haven't tried Infinity yet, don't know how the gauss is nerfed or if any other changes were done to the weapons.

GUYS! Vol. 2 samples!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig2cALfpR-M

edit: Holy shit guys, I think Vol. 2 just saved Halo
Goddamnit! I want Lasky's Theme now. Give it to me!

Listening to this OST, I personally think Kazuma Jinnouchi should compose the main part of Halo 5's OST. His tracks sound more Halo than Neil's does, but at the end I'd miss Neil's work because he made 4's OST different than Marty's work in a good way.

Madness

Goddamnit! I want Lasky's Theme now. Give it to me!

Listening to this OST, I personally think Kazuma Jinnouchi should compose the main part of Halo 5's OST. His tracks sound more Halo than Neil's does, but at the end I'd miss Neil's work because he made 4's OST different than Marty's work in a good way.

But is different necessarily better? I mean if you read most of the reviews, almost every single one mentions that there are no chanting monks or that the music isn't as strong as Marty's nor should it be.

But I didn't necessarily want the music to be different for Chief's story. It's utterly forgettable.

Listen to the music that Nowise posted up there, and while it's a memorable theme from Halo, it sounds different and yet brings a nostalgia and familiar factor back right away.

My one hope for Halo 5, is proper chanting monks for menus or titles, and the classic halo theme in some way. It's too memorable for most fans. Though I do like Davidge, I just didn't feel the music fit Halo, and it's the one OST I never bought.

Madness

Damn, do 343 even know its been released? I thought we were getting Forge Island near the Castle Map Pack release.

If there is one thing they need to work on as a studio, it's getting your dates and information right and communicating it properly to fans.

Whatever, it's free. Downloading it now. It's only 150 something MB.

Damn, do 343 even know its been released? I thought we were getting Forge Island near the Castle Map Pack release.

If there is one thing they need to work on as a studio, it's getting your dates and information right and communicating it properly to fans.

Whatever, it's free. Downloading it now. It's only 150 something MB.
It was planned to be released on April 11th. Yes. It is a few weeks to early. I mean Microsoft published it too early. Someone there pulled the trigger, I guess.

Madness

As far as you can go before you hit the soft kill zone from the small island. The water is an instant death, but there is no soft kill zone beneath the top of the islands. Meaning you could forge just above the water if you wanted to.

Here I am on a catwalk right at the water line. A step into the water and it's an instant death.

This is roughly how far you can go before you hit a soft kill zone. I had literally just turned my banshee around when I took this pic.

All that aside. I think it's quite amazing for forging and it's great it's free for everyone.

They actually said in the bulletin to expect to see forge island earlier than originally anticipated, so I wouldn't criticize them for that madness.

FyreWulff

Estimated size of Big Island: 80x80WU

Actual size: 80x90ish

:lol

It takes 14 seconds to drop from the top soft ceiling. Between the top of Big Island and the top soft ceiling is 409 WUs of space.

You could literally put Forge World on it's side and fit it into the vertical space above Big Island

So 343i did something good, I mean that I would see that day! Oh my god! Magnificent.

Joking aside, I am looking forward to see what Forgers will do with FL.

Estimated size of Big Island: 80x80WU

Actual size: 80x90ish

:lol

It takes 14 seconds to drop from the top soft ceiling. Between the top of Big Island and the top soft ceiling is 409 WUs of space.

You could literally put Forge World on it's side and fit it into the vertical space above Big Island

As someone who has done close to zero forging, I take this is a good thing?

Madness

They actually said in the bulletin to expect to see forge island earlier than originally anticipated, so I wouldn't criticize them for that madness.

Not necessarily criticizing them for giving it to us earlier. Just wish we'd know firm dates on when they're releasing things etc.

I actually think this is a great gesture by 343 especially post launch. It's one of the things forgers wanted most. Can't wait to see some great maps made.

In my dream world it was Vic and Kynan who pushed it out secretly.

Vic: Gee, Kynan, what do you want to do tonight?
Kynan: The same thing we do every night, Vic - try to do what's right!

Havok

I'll probably never make another Forge map again, but even considering that, Forge Island is pretty impressive. The islands seem to be sized just right to make 2v2, 4v4, and 8v8 maps and actually being able to use the natural boundaries of the island you pick. Being able to add trees is great, since they're good natural callouts. Rocks 2 and 5 are probably the most useful Natural pieces that've ever been in a Halo game. Too bad you can only place 50 combined trees and rocks, I could see people coming up against that limit pretty easily if they use the rocks to make hills or ridges.

FyreWulff

The bridge we just made is farther than the Scorpion can actually shoot before gravity pulls the shell back down into it

edit:

It takes 1 minute 30 seconds to drive a warthog across this bridge (it spans the entire length of the FI space)

It takes 3 minutes 30 seconds to sprint across it

Just played around on Forge Island, the potential is certainly awesome.

Im expecting someone with far more patience than me to make a map which is set in a creepy forest. I made an entire wall of impassable tree's then lost patience lol.

Tawpgun

Should be a mandatory DL for everyone.

How annoying would it be not being able to play forge island maps because someone in your game is a lazy fuck

Just played a game of Swat to try the X's, the problem with them is that they are not clearly defined from the standard player marker.

The standard player marker is blue, the new X is white. For me I couldnt tell if that was a dead player on my team or just a normal alive marker.

Top Bottom