• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Cool the trees are animated, and cast animated shadows, too.

Sucks about the 50 combined limit on trees and rocks though.

I'm not sure the shadow length is quite correct with respect to the sun location... Loooong shadows.

I agree with tawpgun, they should make it mandatory, similar to Halo 3's 'DLC is required to play this list', but on most playlists.

Edit: The Heroic pack in Halo 3 was free and required in many lists iirc.

Havok

nice!

Ah thanks I see, strange.
Are the "Base" pieces also new? Never saw them
I think so. I'm not sure how useful they'll be, they're kind of weird. I'm sure someone more creative than me will think of a good use for them.

I agree with tawpgun, they should make it mandatory, similar to Halo 3's 'DLC is required to play this list', but on most playlists.
They'd also have a much easier time justifying it this time around since to play multiplayer at all you already have to install to a storage device, and Forge Island is only 150 megabytes so it's not a huge hit.

TCKaos

Alright, with the addition of rock walls and trees I'm super fuckin' hype right now. I can't wait to forge something awesome when I get home.

Forge Island is out? WTF? My Spring Break started yesterday and ends on the 10th. It was perfect timing. Now everything is messed up! The one time 343 releases something earlier than expected...

Forge Island is out? WTF? My Spring Break started yesterday and ends on the 10th. It was perfect timing. Now everything is messed up! The one time 343 releases something earlier than expected...

Take a break from Halo and enjoy your spring break?

And as far as building blocks I just meant pieces in general.

Why'd they make Forge Island so big? At least 60%* of the space will be unutilised, especially considering that they aren't doing anything with it (i.e, why would someone go so far out when there is nothing there? The forge budget isn't big enough to make maps that span the entire area so it's just wasteful). If they had made a huge island with different environments (snow, desert... etcetera) and flat areas then I guess I'd understand. But they didn't. They just stuck three islands in the middle.

The rest of the bulletin was pretty irrelevant as usual.

*totally just didn't make that up
It's a giant open space, with lots of natural flat terrain to use as flooring. Forgers have been begging for this for years. And you're complaining that it's too big. Holy shit.

Can't wait to get my mitts on this over the weekend. I'll most likely scrap the map that I made on Ravine and rework it here. Yaaaaaaay!

FyreWulff

wrbd.jpg

Danny 117

How did you get/make a Chinese account?

Make a chinese outlook account (search online for postcodes and such) then sign onto xbox.com, set region to china, fill out billing address info when asked + they'll give you a silver account.
Then just click that link again and download the game, sign onto your 360 as the silver and start the download!

Ghazi

Make a chinese outlook account (search online for postcodes and such) then sign onto xbox.com, set region to china, fill out billing address info when asked + they'll give you a silver account.
Then just click that link again and download the game, sign onto your 360 as the silver and start the download!

Woot, thanks I'm trying it now!

Forge Island is easily one of the worst maps Halo has ever had.

I downloaded it, started a custom game and it just played awful. No cover, terrible spawns, and I couldn't find a weapon anywhere.

Framerate was okay though.

CyReN

I can't get over the back-story of Forge Island.

Referred to as the ‘Great Anvils’ by UNSC personnel deployed to the southwestern peninsula of Requiem’s smallest continent, these massive sentinels tower high above the shield world’s warm tropical ocean. The geologic data acquired from these islands has offered incredible fodder for Infinity Science’s Forge group, providing diverse and modifiable terrain for the War Games combat simulations.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I downloaded it, started a custom game and it just played awful. No cover, terrible spawns, and I couldn't find a weapon anywhere.

I came back to laugh at this.

Actual coffee came out my nose.

Had a ten minute mess around on the island and I'm impressed. Very much looking forward to what good forgers will come up with. This is what forge should've been from day 1 and should always be: a flat surface.

Green screen is also solid, so can be used for walls, floor etc.

Sai-kun

Banned
Mildly related to Halo news: Alvin Risk is going to be at Lollapalooza, Chicago's big yearly music festival. I missed him last time he was in town, so I'm hyped to FINALLY get to see him. :lol Hyyyype.

Also Nine Inch Nails omg. Can't wait. Can't believe I'm gonna get to see them. *_*

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Mildly related to Halo news: Alvin Risk is going to be at Lollapalooza, Chicago's big yearly music festival. I missed him last time he was in town, so I'm hyped to FINALLY get to see him. :lol Hyyyype.

Also Nine Inch Nails omg. Can't wait. Can't believe I'm gonna get to see them. *_*

Shiiiiiit Nemesis Remix.

Once they're spawned they're rigid.

People just jammin' out Forge stuff now

vMeCibyl.jpg
I mean. I have to say that looks pretty. I mean for forge standards. I cannot wait what people will make with Forge Island.

OMG! Why did I laugh out loud so much?

Oh man. I feel so bad not going to PAX East this year. The time between our last meeting and next one is way too long.

For Elzar: I am playing BioShock Infinite. I like the world, encounters and gun play is good but not great.

Sai-kun

Banned
Shiiiiiit Nemesis Remix.

Yeah dude, I'm hoping his set doesn't change much, because in every show I've seen online of his, it seems like that's what he opens with. The idea of people jamming to Halo remixes at a festival is fucking hilarious and incredibly awesome.

Ghazi

I kinda got it working, I bought it with the chinese account but whenever I sign into the account on my Xbox I can't connect to Live

Tashi

I mean. I have to say that looks pretty. I mean for forge standards. I cannot wait what people will make with Forge Island.

OMG! Why did I laugh out loud so much?

Oh man. I feel so bad not going to PAX East this year. The time between our last meeting and next one is way too long.

For Elzar: I am playing BioShock Infinite. I like the world, encounters and gun play is good but not great.

OMG same here. PAX East and then this trip to Seattle these guys took sounded so awesome. I couldn't actually make the trips though so it's not like I decided not to go. Still sucks though.

Tashi

Yeah dude, I'm hoping his set doesn't change much, because in every show I've seen online of his, it seems like that's what he opens with. The idea of people jamming to Halo remixes at a festival is fucking hilarious and incredibly awesome.

Lol I know. I would lose my shit.

Top Bottom