• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

orznge

Banned
SuIVUVm.png

lol

Obscured

Forge Island is already available? I thought it was going to coincide with Castle, very cool of them to get it out there quickly. Any differing opinions after actually running around on it versus seeing it only on video?

And sorry if I've just missed this previous, but are there new forge objects available?

I've downloaded a few maps that people have made on forge island since it's release, and while none of them are amazing they do all have their own look and feel. I'm excited to see what comes out of Forge Island when the top forgers get their maps out there. No longer will we suffer from grey box syndrome.

Korosenai

I got it. Click on the download then when it says sign in click on sign up at the bottom. Then when it takes you to the US site, change the country to China then hit next. Make the gamertag. Profit.

Edit: Nevermind, you were already told :p

When I click on it, it takes me to another chinese live.id passport site. Did you guys start on the american account? or did you follow that link?

Man, the green screen is pretty awesome.. assuming you don't use anything else from its category I believe you can place 20.

---

I still wish the map a bit of a sharper look.. Sandbox looked really vibrant, I would like to see something contrasting like that. It would honestly help a ton if the sky were a darker shade of blue, kinda like an almost but not quite nighttime look.. Or something.

Fuchsdh

so ranks are coming?! shit yeaaaaa

can you import holly michaels scenes onto the greenscreen? I'm confused as to its purpose?
Compositing. Plus since its Forgeable I imagine you could easily do a clean plate for your background if you wanted by just removing the piece while filming from the same angle. It's a huge help as it cuts down on roto time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sorry, wasn't picking on you. I just want a Lockout that is to scale.

Also, I really want an official no sprint game type.

It's your previous posts that made me read that one with a negative tone. You understand.

If or when a classic gametype is created then I think a more 1:1 remake would be more appropriate. I do however think Shutout is great.

Havok

Hedgemony posted it on Twitter, but I have not seen it mentioned here. Gamespot will livestream the Halo Reborn panel. A postmortem look at Halo 4.
Postmortems are always a lot of fun to watch. It's one of the few places where you can regularly see developers being frank about their games instead of treating them as products that need to be sold.

I'm really interested in this one to see what 343 considers to be problems going forward. I suspect their list does not have a whole lot of overlap with my own.

"alright Josh you can make any sort of ranking system, seriously go nuts!, oh just one catch it cant be visible in any way in the game because of cheaters, oh also we already have invisible ranking. well have fun! get to work! lol"

~Frankie

Fuchsdh

It's your previous posts that made me read that one with a negative tone. You understand.

If or when a classic gametype is created then I think a more 1:1 remake would be more appropriate. I do however think Shutout is great.
What are the actual differences between them? Haven't played OG Lockout since high school.

Was weird playing a game if Throwdown with my team and trying to remember all the callouts. Luckily the other team just clustered around bottom mid anyhow.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What are the actual differences between them? Haven't played OG Lockout since high school.

Was weird playing a game if Throwdown with my team and trying to remember all the callouts. Luckily the other team just clustered around bottom mid anyhow.

Just a few jumps and sizes of a few rooms and stuff. It's not perfect, far from it but functionally it's very similar.

Top Bottom