• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Homeboyd

This

red_bull_stratos1.jpg

but with a mongoose.

Madness

Damn they pulled the assassin's creed download from the Chinese marketplace.

Was just too slow. Had everything done, but at first it said unavailable please try again, then it said not valid from your region, now it's gone altogether.

Congrats to anyone who got it before. I just feel bad because GAF screwed over any Chinese who wanted the game for free.

Nebula

I you look right above you you can see some kind of stars sparking and moving across, it dissapears if you zoom in.

Alspo, is there any current map task right now? CC's looking for any kind of map?

Better be a BTB one to coincide with the release of FORGE ISLAND.

TCKaos

I just made the best map. Someone get in with the Cartographers, they have to see the majesty of Evergreen Oddball.

Tiny forest surrounded by walls. Impossible to navigate. Impossible to see.
Then over a dozen ordnance drops come down, all of them containing shotguns.
These drops occur every ten seconds.
12-16 players.

Ghazi

Damn they pulled the assassin's creed download from the Chinese marketplace.

Was just too slow. Had everything done, but at first it said unavailable please try again, then it said not valid from your region, now it's gone altogether.

Congrats to anyone who got it before. I just feel bad because GAF screwed over any Chinese who wanted the game for free.

I got it, can't wait to play it since I was asking about it a couple weeks ago.

They just had a slide with Master Chief in a wheelchair when they were talking about making multiplayer more accessible.

lol

NEW AVATAR RIGHT THERE, someone please use it

IHaveIce

Banned
ANd say directly afterwards Infinity Slayer was for casuals to get power weapons ... how did this pass?

And yeah good job and connecting Multiplayer and Campaign lol.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
"We felt it was important to finish what Bungie had started and truly make Halo for babbies"

LOL letters' Beli343 logo

"Our success was validated when Halo 4 launched. Response we've had from fans has been AMAZING, INCREDIBLE."

:'(
My friends all quit, not sure who they count as fans =\

Ghazi

Questions!

Edit: Yeah, Josh, you're supporting the competitive/hardcore crowd because they're the only people left playing the game.

Havok

"We wanted to make Halo a much more accessible game that was welcoming to new players!"

"That's why we put in a progression system with gameplay unlocks so new players starting with an Assault Rifle would get totally shit on by camo snipers, jetpackers, and people who can see through walls, all equipped with the longest range combat rifle in the series!"

IHaveIce

Banned
I missed the first question, what was it?

How did they try to keep a good balance between making the game more accessible for noobs but still have good aspects for the competive community

2nd qeustion about quicktime events and the final fight with it YES, where are these kind of questions at PAX huh?

wwm0nkey

I will say this thinking about how they want it to be accessible and I posted it in the gaming side thread.

I didn't get Xbox Live until a year after Halo came out. Now with games today if that happened I would get my ass handed to me but with Halo 2's 1-50 system when I started out I was matched with people of my skill and I learned the game with them, it was very accessible and the rank wanted me to play and learn more about the game. I feel like giving people power weapons or the weapon the want at the start is not a good way to make a game accessible, if you want to make a game accessible you have them LEARN and want to learn about it and not just handing things out. Its just not a very good thing for the game and something that is VERY bad for Halo.

EDIT: What I am saying is that the 1-50 system is what made Halo accessible to me because I was playing with people similar to me and made me want to do better and learn more about the game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We knew a lot of people really hate anything related to quick time events so instead of sprinkling it throughout the campaign, we put it at the very end of the game when you're fighting the final boss

Caja 117

"Our success was validated when Halo 4 launched. Response we've had from fans has been AMAZING, INCREDIBLE."

:'(
My friends all quit, not sure who they count as fans =

It has been amazing and incredible alright, in a negative way.

No 343, the "success" was all about having a brand name used in the game.

We knew a lot of people really hate anything related to quick time events so instead of sprinkling it throughout the campaign, we put it at the very end of the game when you're fighting the final boss
Much more immersive than fighting the ancient evil yourself.

IHaveIce

Banned
And he didn't say "We have nothing to announce on that front at this time," ?

He said they think they did that pretty well and that there were modes at launc hwhich were clearly catered to this community and there was a balance.

He's probably high

And another good post by tashi lol

wwm0nkey

I will say this thinking about how they want it to be accessible and I posted it in the gaming side thread.

I didn't get Xbox Live until a year after Halo came out. Now with games today if that happened I would get my ass handed to me but with Halo 2's 1-50 system when I started out I was matched with people of my skill and I learned the game with them, it was very accessible and the rank wanted me to play and learn more about the game. I feel like giving people power weapons or the weapon the want at the start is not a good way to make a game accessible, if you want to make a game accessible you have them LEARN and want to learn about it and not just handing things out. Its just not a very good thing for the game and something that is VERY bad for Halo.

EDIT: What I am saying is that the 1-50 system is what made Halo accessible to me because I was playing with people similar to me and made me want to do better and learn more about the game.
Reposting for the new page, I want to know if some of the late to the party Halo 2 players had a similar experience.

Top Bottom