• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Ghazi

Can't find a decent one on my phone, or I would :/

It's alright, I wasn't sure if there were any ones anyway. Maybe in a couple hours I'll max out the budget on Forge Island and try playing split-screen. The map doesn't have that much going on in the background, so I'd take a guess that it might have a moderate framerate.

FyreWulff

It's alright, I wasn't sure if there were any ones anyway. Maybe in a couple hours I'll max out the budget on Forge Island and try playing split-screen. The map doesn't have that much going on in the background, so I'd take a guess that it might have a moderate framerate.

Super Cragmire on my fileshare.

It's a few hundred within max budget

Wait, Frankie left?
Yeah, he said there was too much negativity here, and people get away with stuff that would otherwise lead to a ban if it weren't in HaloGAF.

We all tend to get passionate about things we love or don't love, and I'm certainly no exception. However, it definitely is important to try and maintain that level of respect and courtesy both in real life and online.

The community is in their right to be upset or frustrated, but we should all strive to communicate our discrepancies in ways that will help both the company and the individual morale of its employees. Nobody wants to read negative or harsh words about something they invested time and work into; it's very disheartening and discouraging to 343. But it's also discouraging to us as players and members of this community when we are represented in the way that we were at GDC.

We all need to communicate openly, express our needs in appropriate manners and work together to achieve our goal. They need to make a successful game and we need to have fun for many years. Let us not sacrifice either one.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Guys, check out my crappy remake of Paradiso.

[Warning: It may make you go blind]

ugcuserfile-8a0f5818-f882-44ba-b4a8-3450d1564237-62ff429930525593-full

Madness

Forge Island as a forced download though would require a title update. Those things are super costly for 343 to do and I don't think it'll be worth it from a cost/benefit point.

At best would be prompts much like the DLC playlists that you require this map to play etc. Though I'm pretty sure the majority still playing would take advantage of a free space.

I wonder what the download numbers for forge island are.

FyreWulff

That's like the SyFy movie adaptation of Paradiso

Forge Island as a forced download though would require a title update. Those things are super costly for 343 to do and I don't think it'll be worth it from a cost/benefit point.

At best would be prompts much like the DLC playlists that you require this map to play etc. Though I'm pretty sure the majority still playing would take advantage of a free space.

I wonder what the download numbers for forge island are.

Remember that Forge Island is also promoted by showing up in the map list for custom games even if you don't own the map.

Madness

I can understand the predicament, it's not fun to die a lot. But you can't say you wish you played against worse players. You have to understand why you are dying so much, what makes the other people kill you. The action is so fast at times, and it's hard to know who looks like what, I doubt anyone actually hunted him down.

Is this a perfect example of why ranks/trueskill matters? I wonder what mode he played in.

This quote confuses me:
"I'm obviously not a threat to you, why hunt me down?"

It seems like he's never played Halo or an FPS before or something. Of course I'm going to kill the guy looking at a skybox or doing something dumb, because it's a kill. It's not about honor or any of that jazz.

waypoint scrub said:
Short of HUGE amounts of practice (which I thought I was doing), how am I supposed to improve when I keep getting matched with vastly better players who single me out every game? How does it improve your game when you "pick on" the same player throughout a match? There is no honor or challenge in that. If I'm obviously not a threat to you, why hunt me down?

cef3a48c6535d9c37fd671672d1a1f1b.png

Duji

Sprint can possibly benefit the game if you can shoot while sprinting and if it increases your strafe speed. This would obviously involve chucking out the sprinting animation. Think of it as a temporary speed boost.

I've played an FPS that uses this kind of sprint and it makes firefights very interesting due to all the quick strafing going on. Nothing pisses me off more than a COD style sprint where you have to put your gun down to run.

343i should force players to download ForgeIsland to play Matchmaking.

They should just program that "Forge Island is now out!" message to pop up every fucking time until they download it.

That was awful. I feel so bad for the kid.

Right? Lattimore was way over his league at S.Carolina. He was an NFL like player in college. I'm sure someone will choose him but I just hope we see him have a good amount of play time if he's able.

TheOddOne

Would you mind if I asked what you explicitly hate about the game OddOne? Just curious is all.
My problems? Loadout system as whole. I personally call it Armor Lock 2.0.

For the rest of the problems, well that is mostly the loadouts systems fault. So, can't really fault them.

Sprint can possibly benefit the game if you can shoot while sprinting and if it increases your strafe speed. This would obviously involve chucking out the sprinting animation. Think of it as a temporary speed boost.

I've played an FPS that uses this kind of sprint and it makes firefights very interesting due to all the quick strafing going on. Nothing pisses me off more than a COD style sprint where you have to put your gun down to run.

Don't even get me started on how long it takes you to start shooting again.. Going from animations like throwing grenades to shooting need to be faster. For this reason much of Halo 3 felt like playing in molasses.

Madness

My problems? Loadout system as whole. I personally call it Armor Lock 2.0.

For the rest of the problems, well that is mostly the loadouts systems fault. So, can't really fault them.
AR's, jetpacks and stickys on Haven not your cup of tea? Lol.

I understand, it's the same for me. I for one hate the randomness added to the games. Global ordnance, personal ordnance etc. Then it's the loadouts, armor abilities and perks they've added. Things that I don't like are JiP, instant respawn, sprint etc.

A huge part of the game was starting equally and the map determined how the match would be played. Now everyone just picks whatever weapons they want, movement is down, close quarters combat is down etc.

Top Bottom