• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

IHaveIce

Banned
Don't even get me started on how long it takes you to start shooting again.. Going from animations like throwing grenades to shooting need to be faster. For this reason much of Halo 3 felt like playing in molasses.

Yep everything takes to long, also the goddamn waiting time till shields start to recharge.. ugh

Man that sucks. Hope that guy a speedy recovery and his career isnt ended from that.

Oddone all I mean is ranks add three areas for play, casuals, competitive players, and elite players. Really good players dont bother playing down at the 1-35 ranks after a few games. That leaves this safe haven for people to learn halo at their own pace.

The no social/ranked function is counter productive to catering to casuals. It gives them no motivation to get better while giving no way for good players to not get matched against them.

At the end of the day you have to think of the user experience. I can tell you why most people quit.

Last time I played I only got on because my old college roommate texted me and told me to get on. We played a bunch of games and he got frustrated and went to bed while I went positive every game. If we could have gone into a social playlist where we werent facing as seasoned players we would have fared better and had a better time.

Defect

tumblr_lm460e88Vu1qdq5u6.gif

Merkin pls.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm460e88Vu1qdq5u6.gif[img][/QUOTE]

LOL! Nice, haven't seen that gif before.

[quote="IHaveIce, post: 52183950"]Yep everything takes to long, also the goddamn waiting time till shields start to recharge.. ugh[/QUOTE]

Shield recharge delay should be faster.. ~8 secs to go from no shield to fully recharged is way too damn long. I think it's something like 5-6 secs for [I]delay[/I] and ~2 secs for [I]rate[/i].

Madness

Fuck, just tried out BTB on Exile. While I like the fact the gauss is nerfed, blue team gets shit on by Red. They spawn safely in cover, and the only way to get good shots at them is to go on their side of the map.

But literally two guys had spartan lasers, one had a beam rifle, it's like one sided heavies almost.

Obscured

That was terrible and sad. Good luck and hope for some kind of recovery for that guy. Can't even imagine how either team goes on after that.

TheOddOne

Man that sucks. Hope that guy a speedy recovery and his career isnt ended from that.

Oddone all i mean is ranks add three areas for play, casuals, competitive players, and elite players. Really good players dont bother playing down at the 1-35 ranks after a few games. That leaves this safe haven for people to learn halo at their own pace.

The no social/ranked function is counter productive to catering to casuals. It gives them no motivation to get better while giving no way for good players to not get matched against them.

At the end of the day you have to think of the user experience. I can tell you why most people quit.
Hire juices.

The problem is that if they were to add visible ranks to H4, they also have to overhaul the whole MP from the ground up. Their basic setup now is just not going to mesh at all. Even if they put in it, this basic gameplay systems are still going to frustrate people – and ranks will not make it feel any better.

I rather they just have the balls to put in pre-set loadouts, pre-set player setting (everybody on an even playing field), static power weapons spawns, actual weapon placed on the maps, weapons despawning decreased and more of those things in all the playlists before they even put in a visible ranking system. The actual experience has to be rock solid, if that is good then the extra visible ranking system does what it needs to do – keep people coming back – and adds much more to the user experience.

Ghazi

Hire juices.

The problem is that if they were to add visible ranks to H4, they also have to overhaul the whole MP from the ground up. Their basic setup now is just not going to mesh at all. Even if they put in it, this basic gameplay systems are still going to frustrate people – and ranks will not make it feel any better.

I rather they just have the balls to put in pre-set loadouts, pre-set player setting (everybody on an even playing field), static power weapons spawns, actual weapon placed on the maps, weapons despawning decreased and more of those things in all the playlists before they even put in a visible ranking system. The actual experience has to be rock solid, if that is good then the extra visible ranking system does what it needs to do – keep people coming back – and adds much more to the user experience.

That's why Halo 5 better be all of this, it provides a much more controlled and predictable experience for them while giving the players equality.

Oh wow, if you want to see an aftermath angle of it, go on twitter and look at the photos under the "Louisville" tweet trend.

Should we do that before or after the LiveLeak marathon?

can we stop talking about that or at least recommending ways to find more pics? That's more gross than weapon attachments in Halo.

Madness

I don't drink Milk much, only when I eat cereal.

Guize I'm scared for my body, specifically my bones.

I didn't drink milk growing up much either. By the time high school came around, I had brittle ass bones. Now I drink 3 glasses of skim milk everyday, take protein after gym and whatever calcium is in Animal Pak's.

I wanna buy so many Arcade Games but I only have 2320 points D:

SSX, Trials Evolution, and Terraria all look so good.

Well, Terraria just looks interesting, don't know how the game plays, haven't seen gameplay, anyone on HaloGAF played it? Is it any good?

Enfinit

Woah what the hell happened, was it his ankle or knee? Hope he recovers man.

I saw something similar in a football match once its seriously not nice seeing those kinds of injuries.

Early reports are saying it's only a broken leg. Still sucks, but it's certainly better than an ACL tear.

Early reports are saying it's only a broken leg. Still sucks, but it's certainly better than an ACL tear.

Truth. Mid bone snaps have great recovery rates. Fucking up joints, tendons, and ligaments (rotator cuff ex.)...RIP.

Tommy John injuries are tight though. Coming back chuckin.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Well, Terraria just looks interesting, don't know how the game plays, haven't seen gameplay, anyone on HaloGAF played it? Is it any good?

You can get Terraria on PC for 10 bucks. It's similar to a sidescrolling Minecraft, I think. Not sure how else to describe it.

Ghazi

Terraria's really good imo, I played it all the time with friends on PC and it's way crazier than Minecraft is. If there's a trial I'd recommend downloading that first to see if you like it because it's hard for me to describe it. I need to get Trials: Evolution too.
I didn't drink milk growing up much either. By the time high school came around, I had brittle ass bones. Now I drink 3 glasses of skim milk everyday, take protein after gym and whatever calcium is in Animal Pak's.

Yeah, I've had pretty thin bones for awhile. It's made doing marathons and long distance running a pain in the ass because my legs start hurting.

edit: And I walk into my parents house to see them, my 4 year old cousin, and my uncle listening and dancing to Gangam Style.

Why PSY?

NOKYARD

Ouch!

Reminds me of when my two brothers joined the high school football team. Very first play of the very first practice one brother runs into the other. One breaks his tibia, the other his collar bone. They don't even watch football now.

Has this been officially sanctioned by Nokyard, the Grifball Commissioner?
I hope so!

I was wondering how long it would take. That's the exact map i had envisioned when they said Timberland would have forge trees.

It's already in the playlist. Go look.

You can get Terraria on PC for 10 bucks. It's similar to a sidescrolling Minecraft, I think. Not sure how else to describe it.

I want it on Xbox 360, :p Don't mind paying $5 more.

I need 80 more points to buy it on Xbox, lol. Just bought Trials Evolution.

SSX or Terraria now, hard choice. :p

Is Terraria fun to play by yourself? I'm sure I'll like the game, just not sure if it's meant to be played with Friends. Is it fun by yourself?

Ghazi

I want it on Xbox 360, :p Don't mind paying $5 more.

I need 80 more points to buy it on Xbox, lol. Just bought Trials Evolution.

SSX or Terraria now, hard choice. :p

Is Terraria fun to play by yourself? I'm sure I'll like the game, just not sure if it's meant to be played with Friends. Is it fun by yourself?

I just offered to trade someone 400 Microsoft Points for something, if they end up refusing or not responding I'll PM you a hundred of them so you can get whichever you'd like. I've heard the new SSX sucks compared to the old ones though, so I'd recommend Terraria.

edit: I just got your sarcasm :D

I just offered to trade someone 400 Microsoft Points for something, if they end up refusing or not responding I'll PM you a hundred of them so you can get whichever you'd like. I've heard the new SSX sucks compared to the old ones though, so I'd recommend Terraria.

edit: I just got your sarcasm :D

I'll get Terraria because I'm closer to that then SSX (SSX is 1600 and I only have 1120) :p

If you do send me some points I'd really appreciate it. Thanks Ghazi :D

I get my calcium from mothafuckin kale and sardines. Y'all bitches drinking that pussy shit. If it ain't got no kale or sardines then it ain't even food accountable.

Naw what I mean?

Oh yeah I'm talking canned sardines, not that fresh shit.

Ghazi

Dude I see this thing at work.
iPZrq0MpPvlRa.jpg

Now what the fuck does that mean?? And it's kinda ironic because it doesn't have the head part, but it says head on its chest unlike the Destiny logo.

Density secretly funded through HEAD confirmed.

Someone cross posted? Crushing dreams man, crushing dreams :p

It was too good not to cross post, how can dreams that didn't exist be crushed.

GIMMEWIIUEDITIONNOWBUNGIE

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ouch!

Reminds me of when my two brothers joined the high school football team. Very first play of the very first practice one brother runs into the other. One breaks his tibia, the other his collar bone. They don't even watch football now.

I was wondering how long it would take. That's the exact map i had envisioned when they said Timberland would have forge trees.

It's already in the playlist. Go look.

It's already in the playlist? 0_o Does everyone need the map for it to be a choice?

Top Bottom