• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Madness

To all the streamers in HaloGAF, when you stream is it Gameplay only or Gameplay+Voice Commentary.

If you have a good, broadcast type voice then sure. But some people are awkward. If you get too into it as well and start swearing like "FUCK I TOLD YOU I HAD SNIPER, FUCKING BK" it's better to just turn voice off.

Some people play music. I remember when I used to watch Wings of Liberty streams from the Starcraft II launch, people would play Hell March and other music.

It doesn't really bother me either way though.

From /r/halo

fsBFCqT.png

IHaveIce

Banned
This is probably over my head but what is this supposed to be saying? It includes both things the community hates and things it has been clamoring for.
Everything that is wrong with the game be it removal requests, nerf requests or stuff that is missing is being said lout and 343 guilty spark (343) just pats himself on the shoulder.

And the name of the comic is "guilty"

Omni

Everything that is wrong with the game be it removal requests, nerf requests or stuff that is missing is being said lout and 343 guilty spark (343) just pats himself on the shoulder.

Or inversely, people who complain are parasites and 343 knows what's good for the Halo universe

Ah, I didn't think of it that way.

Or inversely, people who complain are parasites and 343 knows what's good for the Halo universe

oh shit. And that 343 will be activating halo to cleanse the parasites.

IHaveIce

Banned
Well then I take this is meant as a april's fool? Because the last part is so hilarious I didn't thought about it.

But who is guilty then :(

Also 343 with rampancy confirmed

To all the streamers in HaloGAF, when you stream is it Gameplay only or Gameplay+Voice Commentary.

Depends. If I'm playing music, I'll usually have the PC mic muted to reduce noise clutter. If playing with others, I'll usually have the mic on and have the voice comms in game set to come out both headset and speakers. This way the viewers can hear the entire conversation instead of just my side.

Depending on the game/my mood, I'll also have a webcam for shits and giggles.

someone thought I was funny?

thatsthejoke.jpg

Mabef

Banned
Unrelated: Joe Ludwig from Valve talking about why TF2 changed to a free-to-play platform.
"The trouble is, when you're a AAA box game, the only people who can earn you new revenue are the people who haven't bought your game. This drives you to build new content to attract new people," Ludwig said, "There's a fundamental tension between building the game to satisfy existing players and attract new players."
Lookin at you, halo.

The whole success behind F2P seems like it'd work amazingly for Halo. Not as a full-fledged game, of course, but maybe something like the Halo Arena Live as a 720 launch title. Hell, you could have it downloaded to the hard drives of the launch consoles. Leave the core gameplay free and ship with basic modes like CTF and Slayer. Charge for extra maps and additional playlists like Infinity, and take a Kickstarter approach - hitting certain milestones would allow them to release more gametypes like Assault or Invasion, add more armor, etc. How has 343 not thought of this?

u4iX

The whole success behind F2P seems like it'd work amazingly for Halo. Not as a full-fledged game, of course, but maybe something like the Halo Arena Live as a 720 launch title. Hell, you could have it downloaded to the hard drives of the launch consoles. Leave the core gameplay free and ship with basic modes like CTF and Slayer. Charge for extra maps and additional playlists like Infinity, and take a Kickstarter approach - hitting certain milestones would allow them to release more gametypes like Assault or Invasion, add more armor, etc. How has 343 not thought of this?

I would hate to pay for maps and playlists.

It'd kill any sort of unification for competition because it makes it so much harder to test certain maps, gametypes, and playlists.

Paying for things like armor, weapon skins, emblems, is fine, but anything outside of that in a Halo game setting would be horrid.

"Two men enter, only one bought the map..."

TCKaos

It'd kill any sort of unification for competition because it makes it so much harder to test certain maps, gametypes, and playlists.

Paying for things like armor, weapon skins, emblems, is fine, but anything outside of that in a Halo game setting would be horrid.

Launch maps include a forge canvas. While you have to purchase forge separately you'd be able to play on each and every forge map. Give the game a server browser instead of matchmaking. This would also make it easy to buy only parts of the game you want to play. Won't be playing Infection? Don't buy access to any Infection maps or the gametype. Won't be playing BTB? Don't buy access to any of it. Don't need armor or armor effects? Don't buy any of it.

Tunavi

Banned
IGN has changed their Halo 4 review score from a 9.8 to a 9.6, citing that it's because of a "lack of professionalism at GDC," (the wheel-chair image)

Tawpgun

IGN has changed their Halo 4 review score from a 9.8 to a 9.6, citing that it's because of a "lack of professionalism at GDC," (the wheel-chair image)

I'm not sure whats worse, that IGN retroactively changed a review score because of something unrelated to the game.

Or that it went down to JUST a 9.6

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

How do you know they havent already?

Halo 4 is a flawless masterpiece. So glad Firefight was removed for a mode that has more button presses than all the other Halo games combined.

I really do hate April Fools Day (no joke)

Madness

Halo 4 is a flawless masterpiece. So glad Firefight was removed for a mode that has more button presses than all the other Halo games combined.

I really do hate April Fools Day (no joke)

But according to IGN, halo 4 has astounding AI, presentation and aesthetics, an impeccably paced campaign, unbeatable sound design, endless balanced multiplayer and still unmatched social multiplayer options.

Lol.

Moa

Does anybody have a link to that spreadsheet for Spartan Ops with all the enemies per missions?

Can't find it for the life of me.

Nah you're misunderstanding. It's not a perfect solution but cosmetics cost money, but "core" gameplay is free. Donating is always an option, with top donors getting early access to said playlists before they become available to the public.

All the ranked playlists are free. The only instance entire playlists would be paywalled is in the case of a social list like Infinity Slayer provided it doesn't mean a donation deadline to become completely free. That way core, competitive gameplay is free for everyone, but casuals would have to physically earn their bk experience if they couldn't handle standard Team Slayer.

Maps also follow a Halo 2 approach - donors get early access to maps having paid for them, but provided they met a certain financial goal they'd become free to the public.

Top Bottom