• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Lol, just went into Matchmaking. 5 people quit out before the game even started, so our team immediately won.

Also, not sure if it's an April Fool's thing, but Halo 4 has very few players on.

Highest: Big Team Infinity Slayer only has 1212 players.

Lowest: Extraction has 20 players.

0_o

DeadNames

Banned
Lol, just went into Matchmaking. 5 people quit out before the game even started, so our team immediately won.

Also, not sure if it's an April Fool's thing, but Halo 4 has very few players on.

0_o

Extraction needs to get brought around the back of the shed. It's always sub-500 people whenever I get on.

But I haven't played H4 recently... Terraria has my attention. Speaking of Terraria, who here wants to play with me? I have a nice little duplex going on complete with a spindle!

DesertFox

The only campaign this gen I stopped playing because of sheer boredom.

For me, that honor goes to LA Noire. I think somewhere on the second disc I just got tired of driving to the next clue only to repeat the same little "interrogation minigame". I think that's actually the only campaign I didn't finish on any platform.

Don't get me wrong, it had so much potential, but it ended up feeling like I was playing a tech demo.

TheOddOne

LOL Netflix:
4ixIiAy.jpg

cR2yQ1i.jpg

d4LEzJT.jpg

BVscWQx.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hmmmmmm.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I can safely say I don't even know how to use twitter. Chances are Heckfu posted on GAFbook and said "Zoojoo messaged me that he made this twitter! So much for his alt right guise?"

lol pleeeeaaase. If I were to run that twitter 90% of the posts made in this thread would be tweeted out right now.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lol the Daily Challenges for Halo 4 today.

19 XP and 38 XP

I was only 6000 XP away from SR-130 to. :p Dang it.

Does it actually pay out that much or is the joke that it displays that much?

Also, 343 should just give out free points at this point. Put it in the Bulletin. "This Saturday if you play finish 5 matchmaking games in any playlist, you get 100,000 points". Let that spread around and let people who are normally on the fence say, "You know what? 5 games is not bad, I'll play" Then they throw in Halo 4, see that stuff has changed for the better and maybe they stick around for a little while longer.

There's really no reason not to do stuff like this.

In before someone submits my idea to HaloGAF's worst posts lol

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Does it actually pay out that much or is the joke that it displays that much?

Also, 343 should just give out free points at this point. Put it in the Bulletin. "This Saturday if you play finish 5 matchmaking games in any playlist, you get 100,000 points". Let that spread around and let people who are normally on the fence say, "You know what? 5 games is not bad, I'll play" Then they throw in Halo 4, see that stuff has changed for the better and maybe they stick around for a little while longer.

There's really no reason not to do stuff like this.

In before someone submits my idea to HaloGAF's worst posts lol

It actually pays that much, I think.

Well, the thing is, it's already too easy to get to SR-130, and there are probably people that only play to rank up.

0_o

No, it should be an april fools joke, but that shit is for real.

Also finished Bioshock Infinite last night, started again and reading the spoilers thread. GODDAMN that is a story. I'm still piecing together what everything means. Played half the game then went to sleep was up the whole night deconstructing the meaning of everything.

Also second day of work in a row I walk in and theres no work, so now I just have to sit around wait for small amounts of work and browse internets. Am I stuck in purgatory? Get me off the island? Am I already dead?

Tashi thats a good idea, they should make everyone SR-130 though, so people that nerded out dont have an advantage over me. So annoying.

DeadNames

Banned
No, it should be an april fools joke, but that shit is for real.

Also finished Bioshock Infinite last night, started again and reading the spoilers thread. GODDAMN that is a story. I'm still piecing together what everything means. Played half the game then went to sleep was up the whole night deconstructing the meaning of everything.

Did you play the other Bioshocks? I hope I don't need to know the backstory of all of em before playing.

Did you play the other Bioshocks? I hope I don't need to know the backstory of all of em before playing.

You dont the stories arent related. However playing the previous ones sort of enriches the Infinite experience I guess you could say. Personally I went Bioshock 1, a few hours of Bioshock 2 then gave up, Bioshock Infinite.

I'll probably refinish Bioshock 2 now. Seems as good of a time as any to do that.

IHaveIce

Banned
You dont the stories arent related. However playing the previous ones sort of enriches the Infinite experience I guess you could say. Personally I went Bioshock 1, a few hours of Bioshock 2 then gave up, Bioshock Infinite.

I'll probably refinish Bioshock 2 now. Seems as good of a time as any to do that.
Play Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den.

Also Infinite is great, I was scared you would have to protect Elisabeth before release, like the one dumb mission in Bioshock 1 with the little sisters, but it is so much better

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Bioshock 2 is Bioshock 1 with a slightly worse story but better gameplay overall. Also one of the all time best pieces of DLC came out for Bioshock 2, Minerva's Den. If you play Bioshock 2 you owe it to yourself to play that DLC.

Anyone else see the ridiculous monthly challenge? Kill 5000 players for 1000 xp...

Check today's date.

I seriously want Tiger Man DLC for Destiny now.

You know, Halo had hundreds of Easter Eggs, and it was just an FPS with Linear Stages. Destiny is going to be a huge open world game, how many Easter Eggs can we expect in Destiny? Thousands? Oh my god this is going to be amazing. I'm going to love Destiny.

I wish I didn't have to go through the MS point scheme to get Minerva's Den on PC. They put it on sale often enough though. I'll get around to playing 2 eventually. Maybe Infinite too.

I wish I didn't have to go through the MS point scheme to get Minerva's Den on PC. They put it on sale often enough though. I'll get around to playing 2 eventually. Maybe Infinite too.

There will definitely be a Bioshock series sale in the next Steam sale to capitalize off Infinite. Infinite won't go on sale most likely though for a while and if they do, it'll be 10% at most.

Considering the extremely low quality of the halo 4 playlists, I'm not surprised.
Extraction was a good playlist before the population dropped off the face of the erf. I'm sure Throwdown is great for people who are better than me and have three other good friends to play with.

Solo players get fucked, as usual.

Yea I think it was pretty good I just died at one point twice and got frustrated then got addicted to other games and never went back to 2. Same with Dishonored was having fun and then I got Dark Vision and with the Heart I was basically just playing connect the dots to the next item, theres green stuff I must go there, theres a bone charm I must go there. I wasnt playing a game I was just going from point to collecing items and upgrades.

Dishonored is a good example of some casual help ruining a game for me, the sense of exploration was destroyed even though that was a good world for the most part they created.

Yea I think it was pretty good I just died at one point twice and got frustrated then got addicted to other games and never went back to 2. Same with Dishonored was having fun and then I got Dark Vision and with the Heart I was basically just playing connect the dots to the next item, theres green stuff I must go there, theres a bone charm I must go there. I wasnt playing a game I was just going from point to collecing items and upgrades.

Dishonored is a good example of some casual help ruining a game for me, the sense of exploration was destroyed even though that was a good world for the most part they created.
Yeah, the heart was really dumb, both thematically and mechanically. Of course I'd go through every hotspot on my playthrough and feel like I have fully explored everything in one go. Something I liked about the original Deus Ex was just being able to find random things on subsequent playthroughs that I had never seen before and would blow my mind and give me greater appreciation for the worldspace. Nothin' like that in Dishonoured.

Top Bottom