• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Gui_PT

I usually don't accept charity from the French, but I guess I'll make an exception with it being April Fools day and all. GT: EagleBurn

5214Moscou07_sharapova_azarenka_medium.gif

But according to IGN, halo 4 has astounding AI, presentation and aesthetics, an impeccably paced campaign, unbeatable sound design, endless balanced multiplayer and still unmatched social multiplayer options.

Lol.
Clearly, IGN is the mecca of bought-and-paid-for gaming journalism.

Astounding AI my ass. I'd take Kat driving me off a cliff any day of the week compared to some vibrating Spartan IV in a corner that won't fucking man the Warthog gun.

Astounding AI my ass. I'd take Kat driving me off a cliff any day of the week compared to some vibrating Spartan IV in a corner that won't fucking man the Warthog gun.

Yeah lol and Halo 4 Sword Elites might be the worst AI I've seen in any Halo game.

metzger203

You would think after this many Halo titles that they would have gotten the whole AI driver/gunner thing down...

To be fair, the Halo series has always had the best enemy AI in shooters.

Halo 4 is the exception because it sucks butts, but I got the impression that Marines have always stayed a little "watered down" in the AI department so that you could still feel like a badass on your own. Go and betray the marines in Halo 3 at the start of Crow's Nest on Heroic or Legendary and just watch how quick they kill you. A lot of it's probably intentional to keep things fun for the player.

metzger203

I remember Halo 1 marines having this sort of "death rush" where after taking so much damage they would shout something like "You're all gonna die!" and then run straight at the covenant, guns blazing. Of course they usually got killed doing this, but it was still cool to see.

Karl2177

Yeah lol and Halo 4 Sword Elites might be the worst AI I've seen in any Halo game.

Haha, from my experiments on Sword Elites, they are easily the dumbest AI yet. "Can I see the player?" "Can I reach the player?" If either of them are no, they will do nothing to change it. As soon as both of them are yes, they will charge at the player, and because the Sword applies the "don't get stunned when shot at" mechanic to all bipeds, they just charge at you like it's no big deal.

NOKYARD

Tunavi

Banned
The Battlefield 4 demo at 60FPS is glorious.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-watch-bf4-at-60fps

Halo 5 pls.
String of events:
The player falls from a 4 story building and a giant concrete slab crushes his face as he hits the ground. He wakes up in pristine condition, some kind of security or police randomly comes up and the NPC tells the man to get out of there because it isn't safe, and sends him running out into the debris.
People get paid to write this stuff.

String of events:
The player falls from a 4 story building and a giant concrete slab crushes his face as he hits the ground. He wakes up in pristine condition, some kind of security or police randomly comes up and the NPC tells the man to get out of there because it isn't safe, and sends him running out into the debris.
People get paid to write this stuff.

Rescue helicopter going down [Check]
"Leave me and save yourself!" [Check]
Running through hallway while glass being shot at [Check]
Super slow-mo do something significant moment [Check]

Honestly, after BF3. It's very clear that DICE just doesn't give a shit about the campaign and uses it for the sole purpose of promotional material.

Tunavi

Banned

Honestly, after BF3. It's very clear that DICE just doesn't give a shit about the campaign and uses it for the sole purpose of promotional material.
No one wants a BF campaign either! So much wasted productivity.

Sai-kun

Banned

but it looks so good and i just play dubstep over it to make it even better and it's awesome game of the year confirmed i love it everyone go buy battlefield 4

Who here would be interested in a definitely-not-in-the-works, incredibly meta motion comic series for HaloGAF set in a "post-apocalyptic," far-flung future where NeoGAF is an RPG-styled world constantly at war?

IHaveIce

Banned
Fuck that astro deal would have been perfect.

And yes wahrer I'm interested!

Also on the heart of the swarm shirt, there was also an advertisement video for the game on the marketplace, I was really confused when I clicked on it.

Top Bottom