• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

kylej

Banned
Going through life I'd say it's more than ok to speak up about problems and issues you might be having on a forum where you have spent many years on and made several friends.

Reaching out for support/help/whatever really doesn't need to be as big a deal as it seemingly is to you.

You don't have to read the posts. If people want to respond negatively towards them, that's their own problem.

how is it a big deal to me? I don't give a shit what people post, I just don't see the point in bringing explicit attention to your personal life, then getting upset because people don't respond exactly the way you want them to respond.

fuEKf.gif

Professional help may prescribe building a support system, and can't magically create one either. If this is one of the only support systems you have, or one that's important, I see no reason why someone should discourage him from utilizing it, even if it may not be related to video games but perhaps something more important. Maybe now though he figures it may not be the greatest place to go for support because of those reasons you listed.

inb4youdontrespectpeople

Ghazi

Jesus, what the hell is happening at MS HQ?

XBOX LIVE Service
Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
Utilizing LIVE functionality when playing Halo 4.
Affecting the following LIVE Platforms:
Xbox 360 Console

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

I don't think I've ever seen such an extended period of down time for LIVE since they seem to fix things quickly. I also wonder why the outage only specifically affects Halo 4 and not any other games.

Jesus, what the hell is happening at MS HQ?

I don't think I've ever seen such an extended period of down time for LIVE since they seem to fix things quickly. I also wonder why the outage only specifically affects Halo 4 and not any other games.

A bunch of shit was affected throughout the day. ESPN, Karaoke, Live sign-in, Halo 4, a whole bunch of shit. As of 10 minutes ago, my ESPN app is still wonky.

willow ve

Homework done check.
Red bull and vodka check
Halo 4 can not load servers

This fucking game!!

And then the kicker - you'll finally get into a game... and there were be at least 2 people AFK. For fucks sake, how is this possible on limited connectivity and fallback servers? How are there still AFK players that don't get kicked from lobbies?

I have 90 something friends on live, I only talk regularly to my real life friends on there and that makes up less than 10. The last thing live needs is a bigger friends list.

A customisable dashboard and a working pins section would be much better.

I have 90 something friends on live, I only talk regularly to my real life friends on there and that makes up less than 10. The last thing live needs is a bigger friends list.

so because you don't need a bigger friends list, no one needs a bigger friends list?

yea it would be cool if we had the choice to choose which dashboard we want. i would take this one:

xbox360_guiderev_02.jpg

Shout outs to Dax.

I dont really understand that whole situation and have no experience with anyone going through it. But it sounds like shes having a shitty time.

Keep your head up girl.

I'm not in the mood to do super detailed shit but here's a few notes I'll jot down about Majestic.

Landfall - reminds me a LOT of longshore but plays about twice as nice. Very clearly labeled areas of a shipping dog (?) which makes it easy for call outs. Cluttered indoor area with a more open outer area but there are a lot of boxes and corners to duck behind so it's not just constant spam. There's a blue lift in a back corner that seems prone to camping but the lift can be heard almost all the way across the map which is very helpful so far in customs. Not for any particular reason (it's still a very good map) this is my least favorite of the three. Definitely has some personality but don't see it being amazing for 2-flag. Map defaults to a rocket launcher and two (I think) sticky dets upon game start. A lot of the gameplay was focused more on the indoor areas first but slowly migrated to the outdoor areas, will be interesting to see where the majority of the action ends up as the life of the map goes on.

Monolith - pretty great symmetrical map with clearly labeled bases (red and blue with lighting). Even though it's a brand new map it just...feels familiar. A little Wizard, a little Derelict feeling but wide open. Someone asked me earlier if it was too open but like Landfall there is a lot of cover in a lot of places. They've also included some neat jumps and corridors along the edges to aid in movement and out of the scopes of people camping. I'm almost positive the middle area is raised to prevent shooting easily from red base to blue base and vice versa. If red/blue bases are the sides of the map, the top and bottom also have raised bases that have mancannons that traverse the length (i.e., one mancannon will take you to the base on the other side of the map with the mancannon). KOTH variant is interesting as every hill has two levels to deal with (the middle hill spans top mid AND bottom mid which adds a new dynamic to how to play it). Map defaults to two beam rifles and a rocket launcher. Majority of the action took place around the edges but top mid seemed popular as a jockeying point when making the way across the map.

Skyline - my favorite map by far. It's difficult to compare this to any other map so far in my memory but as you can see from the videos it's a two-level map with bases on each end between the floors. We played a lot last night with a lot of bolt-shotters and the nerf worked about half the time it seems so that was a little cause for concern. Jetpack works well on it (as in quick movement from 1st level to 2nd) and kind of destroys map flow as it seems designed for a lot of close encounters and gunplay but in that same regard thruster was pretty amazing to dodge people. Map defaults to two shotguns which got kind of annoying as it is focused on so much close quarter stuff. Regardless of my complaints it's still really fast paced and frantic and action hasn't really segmented itself off to one area.

edit: sorry in advance for typos or grammar mistakes, I literally just typed what I was thinking and don't give a -blam- about errors today.

You have me all excited. =D

I loved Longbow, so I'm pumped that I wasn't imaging the similarities.

Can anyone explain why the Civilian Spade in the Majestic Map pack, is like 3x the size it was from Reach

hi7Wn4F.png

Well, from what I have seen, it looks natural in first person without a Spartan next to it.. Its pretty awesome they brought it back, I love how shiny it is now.

So awesome.

From r/Halo

2Jzd58F.png

Added in the TU for hitting 130?

Oh cool, I always thought it was weird that hitting max rank didn't have its own name. Too bad it doesn't have any cool rank symbol also.

I still hope the extend the ranks.

Karl2177

So I'm stuck in an infinite "Checking downloadable content data..." cycle. Any solution to get out of this? I just want to finish up placing hill locations on my map. :/

Ghazi

So I'm stuck in an infinite "Checking downloadable content data..." cycle. Any solution to get out of this? I just want to finish up placing hill locations on my map. :/

Probably, the best thing to do is eject disc and restart it.

Team Slayer Pro is great. Is there any way to actually render clips in this game or share them in any way? got a pretty good overkill and long range sticky d kill

Nope, have to have a capture card. But if you really wanted a vid of it you could try getting it recorded at a site that I don't remember right now

Team Slayer Pro is great. Is there any way to actually render clips in this game or share them in any way? got a pretty good overkill and long range sticky d kill

I can capture it for you if you put it in your fileshare. Then just tell me the gamertag and I can grab it when I get on.

I would take the one after it. Blades were nice, but I think the one after was better (one before Kinect). Themes were amazing on it!

The NXE!

Blue NXE > White NXE > Blades > Metro take 2 > Metro take 1

Wow... Makes me want to go play.

Ghazi

There's also a post on Reddit which links to an article (It's old, I know) that says that Halo 4 was the first game to be using Windows Azure, which would explain why Halo 4, Waypoint and some misc. apps that could possibly be using Azure would be down if Azure was down.

Top Bottom