• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

TheOddOne

#Bungie #Arms #Somethinghashtag

vault_article.jpg

arms.jpg

Gender isn't binary.

I just want to share a personal story. A dear friend of mine's sister had a somewhat troubled experience with her own gender identity. I grew up knowing this person as a girl, and she was biologically a female. She moved to San Fransisco after high school and some college and later came back as a man. It was hard for me to understand it, and I was somewhat annoyed and resistant to the idea. In my rationale, I believed that she was wrong to go against her own biology. That there was some errant psychological condition that compelled her to live as a man. I was annoyed at the prospect of calling her a different name, of pretending that I didn't remember her as the little girl I went to school with. I tried to be respectful, but I didn't feel comfortable with it and I didn't really accept it in my heart of hearts.

I'm sorry to say that he put himself in a drug-induced coma from which he never awoke. It was heart-wrenching to see the sadness and turmoil the family went through when I was with them at the hospital.

I don't understand why a person would want to identify as the gender opposite to their biology, and I don't know whether it is healthier to embrace this compulsion or reject it. What I do know is that we should treat the ones we care about with as much love and respect as much as we possibly can, as my own inner squabbles about whether to call this person "he" or "she" flew out the window when they were lost from this world.

TheOddOne

I just want to share a personal story. A dear friend of mine's sister had a somewhat troubled experience with her own gender identity. I grew up knowing this person as a girl, and she was biologically a female. She moved to San Fransisco after high school and some college and later came back as a man. It was hard for me to understand it, and I was somewhat annoyed and resistant to the idea. In my rationale, I believed that she was wrong to go against her own biology. That there was some errant psychological condition that compelled her to live as a man. I was annoyed at the prospect of calling her a different name, of pretending that I didn't remember her as the little girl I went to school with. I tried to be respectful, but I didn't feel comfortable with it and I didn't really accept it in my heart of hearts.

I'm sorry to say that he put himself in a drug-induced coma from which he never awoke. It was heart-wrenching to see the sadness and turmoil the family went through when I was with them at the hospital.

I don't understand why a person would want to identify as the gender opposite to their biology, and I don't know whether it is healthier to embrace this compulsion or reject it. What I do know is that we should treat the ones we care about with as much love and respect as much as we possibly can, as my own inner squabbles about whether to call this person "he" or "she" flew out the window when they were lost from this world.
So sad.

Thanks for sharing

OverHeat

« generous god »
I already have the season pass, so please give me a code for the new maps you won't be losing any sale on my side :p

Caja 117

Maybe MS is working on new servers for Halo 2 to be online. Lol. Im willing to bet the population would surpass Halo 4 current one. I would even pay full prize for all the map packs and Additional fee for Server Maintenance.

Top Bottom