• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

TheOddOne

From the Xbox press event thread:

EpsRxsV.gif

willow ve

So can anyone confirm that Halo 4 (Team Throwdown) is actually working? Need to know before I make a special trip to Fry's to replace my headphone cable.

Also, with the server issues yesterday, the peak population was 42K - ouch.

Omni

So can anyone confirm that Halo 4 (Team Throwdown) is actually working? Need to know before I make a special trip to Fry's to replace my headphone cable.

Also, with the server issues yesterday, the peak population was 42K - ouch.

I was playing a few hours ago and it was working fine

TCKaos

It's amazing how you never really think about how overpowering Armor Abilities are until they're taken away or made in to powerups. I just played a game on Shutout where two of my four teammates quit. Using a Thruster and Sword I managed to hold BR tower by myself while my remaining teammate went to work with the Sniper and held snipe tower.

We won 50 - 36.

Korosenai

It just hit me this morning how bad the War Games Lobby UI really is. Two giant blocks on the left side of the screen, with the whole right side being nothing but empty space. They make you press x to pull up the roster, but why didn't they just implement that into the empty space? Makes no sense.

On a more positive note, Team Throwdown is still amazing.

Booties

Banned
It's amazing how you never really think about how overpowering Armor Abilities are until they're taken away or made in to powerups. I just played a game on Shutout where two of my four teammates quit. Using a Thruster and Sword I managed to hold BR tower by myself while my remaining teammate went to work with the Sniper and held snipe tower.

We won 50 - 36.

I used thruster pack to get out of an assassination animation the other day. I end up killing the assassin and his teammate for a double kill. It may be a weird glitch or a well timed thrust. i thrusted backwards if that means anything.

Ghazi

I used thruster pack to get out of an assassination animation the other day. I end up killing the assassin and his teammate for a double kill. It may be a weird glitch or a well timed thrust. i thrusted backwards if that means anything.

Of course you'd do that, Booties.

TCKaos

My friend sprinted between me and my assassin mid-animation and broken it before. I still have no idea how it works, but I think it has something to do with how fast you're going.

We won 50 - 36.

Also goes to show how much of an advantage two people who know what they're doing on that map have. Like many of Halo 1-3 maps.

Ghazi

Do you guys know if I bought Halo 3 on demand from the sale, would installing the ODST multiplayer disc allow me to play all the map packs from Halo 3 itself? I know that installing the game increases load time, but I want to be able to do everything straight from Halo 3.

FyreWulff

Do you guys know if I bought Halo 3 on demand from the sale, would installing the ODST multiplayer disc allow me to play all the map packs from Halo 3 itself? I know that installing the game increases load time, but I want to be able to do everything straight from Halo 3.

Nope, you'll have to buy all of Halo 3's DLC to have a full discless solution

Fuchsdh

I have an idea, I think everyone should just drop it. It's getting way too off topic and someone on either side is going to get upset and we've already had two bannings because of it.

Let's all play it cool and talk about halo or sig or something.
What the doctor ordered.

Anyone think they should keep doing motion comics? I really loved the adaptations of Ecolutions stories but it seems like you could so original stories too... Especially if you bumped the production quality up to the CEA terminals in quality.

Ghazi

Nope, you'll have to buy all of Halo 3's DLC to have a full discless solution

Well that's lame I guess. I really have no need for Halo 3 than since I've already beat the campaign, I never got a lot of the achievements though.

Meh, Resident Evil 6 and Metal Gear Solid HD here I come!

Ghazi

I redboxed it and I didn't like it too much, but some of my friends play mercs and online frequently so I might as well join them.

Maybe I'll get Left4Dead 2, Halo Wars, and RE4 too, that list has a lot of good looking games on it.

Toa TAK

Banned
I redboxed it and I didn't like it too much, but some of my friends play mercs and online frequently so I might as well join them.

Maybe I'll get Left4Dead 2, Halo Wars, and RE4 too, that list has a lot of good looking games on it.

Ah okay.

Yes that list is incredibly tempting. I really want to pick up the Orange Box myself.

Fuchsdh

Halo Wars is surprisingly still easy to get good games in despite the low population, only problem is most everyone playing has figured out all the cheese and optimal strategies. Campaign is not too bad either.

Ghazi

Ah okay.

Yes that list is incredibly tempting. I really want to pick up the Orange Box myself.

If you're getting it just for TF2 I've heard that it's online community is dead. Add to that the absence of all the PC updates, not to mention that on PC it's free it's not really worth it. But, Portal and Half-Life are worth it.

Halo Wars is surprisingly still easy to get good games in despite the low population, only problem is most everyone playing has figured out all the cheese and optimal strategies. Campaign is not too bad either.

I love RTS games, I have so much time sunk into StarCraft 1 & 2. I didn't get Wars on launch because I thought an RTS on console would suck badly, if it's cheap enough I'll definitely pick it up because of all the good things I've heard of it.

Toa TAK

Banned
If you're getting it just for TF2 I've heard that it's online community is dead. Add to that the absence of all the PC updates, not to mention that on PC it's free it's not really worth it. But, Portal and Half-Life are worth it.

I'm getting it only for Portal and Half-Life. I didn't care much for TF2.

As for Halo Wars, that's a great game, and I second the comment about still being able to get games even with low population.

m23

Kittens recommended Borderlands 2, going to pick it up today. Never played the first though so hopefully I don't miss anything story wise. Halo has taken a back seat.

Just started season 1 of Game of Thrones; I got spoiled by a cardboard promo at Walmart the other day. So lame.

Might want to catch up soon before those Plywood gifs start coming in.

Ghazi

I'm getting it only for Portal and Half-Life. I didn't care much for TF2.

As for Halo Wars, that's a great game, and I second the comment about still being able to get games even with low population.

Then my purchase of Halo Wars has been solidified.

Kittens recommended Borderlands 2, going to pick it up today. Never played the first though so hopefully I don't miss anything story wise. Halo has taken a back seat.

Borderlands 2 is really fun, it was definitely made for co-op so playing alone won't be as fun as with friends.

edit: Is Game of Thrones on Netflix? That's all I have for watching TV shows and movies.

Fracas

#fuckonami

You're gonna love it. One of my favorite games this gen. Try to get co-op partners if possible, it's even better with friends.

orznge

Banned
Than my purchase of Halo Wars has been solidified.

Borderlands 2 is really fun, it was definitely made for co-op so playing alone won't be as fun as with friends.

edit: Is Game of Thrones on Netflix? That's all I have for watching TV shows and movies.

no it's an HBO show

Halo Wars is all i play nowadays, anyone thinking about picking it up when its cheap really should.

The total pop. at its highest hits around 5000-6000 but finding a game is no problem at all. Dont think ive ever waited more than a minute or two for a full 3v3 game.

People say its very stripped down and simple in comparison with other RTS games, i never got into any RTS games so it suits me fine.

Its really fun, cant recommend it enough.

orznge

Banned
Halo Wars is all i play nowadays, anyone thinking about picking it up when its cheap really should.

The total pop. at its highest hits around 5000-6000 but finding a game is no problem at all. Dont think ive ever waited more than a minute or two for a full 3v3 game.

People say its very stripped down and simple in comparison with other RTS games, i never got into any RTS games so it suits me fine.

Its really fun, cant recommend it enough.

I'm honestly surprised that its population is that good still

wwm0nkey

If it wasn't for HBO Game of Thrones would be like 10 minutes of content, product placement and then like 30 minutes of advertising. You have to pay for the quality, HBO, AMC, FX etc.

Im aware but they should at least make HBO Go more accessible or put it on Netflix overtime.

Top Bottom