• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Toa TAK

Banned
I have friends who disgustingly eat them every day. They don't play videogames though so I asked them to give me the codes. I got 190 matches worth of 2XP. I only have 50 left though

That's pretty awesome. I had a friend who'd also eat that crap nonstop. If here were here now I'd be grabbing those codes, too.

But NOOOOO, *Airforce*.

Gordon is a terrible poster.
Regarding the Halo Wars Scene & SpOps Scene:

Halo Wars: Bring the Reactor to the Apex.
Send the Reactor to cause a chain reaction within the artificial star to go supernova. Sling shot the Spirit of Fire out of the shield world.

SpOps: Activate Buttons. Send Requiem into a collision course within a star. Infinity frees itself from Artifacts artificial anchoring gravity. "Warp Speed!" "Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat!" "Murica!" "Yolo" - Lasky

So, a little off topic, but do you think anything big like the attempted Halo movie will ever happen again?

I feel like if it couldn't happen when Halo was in its prime that its all the more unlikely now.

JackHerer

They should reduce the number or frequency of grenade spawns on Team Throwdown maps.

It is way to easy for a player to collect 6 grenades at once. Maybe they could limit it to 2 grenade types per map? You should never be able to have 6 grenades at once. Especially not in a competitive playlist.

So for those wanting to pick up Metal Gear Rising note that it took me 4 and a half hours to finish on normal difficulty.

Now the idea with platinum games is that you replay them multiple times to S rank each mission but if you are just buying to play it once then its going to be around 5 and a half hours to finish if you include cutscenes.

Toa TAK

Banned
So for those wanting to pick up Metal Gear Rising note that it took me 4 and a half hours to finish on normal difficulty.

Now the idea with platinum games is that you replay them multiple times to S rank each mission but if you are just buying to play the it once then its going to be around 5 and a half hours to finish if you include cutscenes.

This is what I was pretty much expecting. Sounds good.

Ghazi

Now the idea with platinum games is that you replay them multiple times to S rank each mission but if you are just buying to play it once then its going to be around 5 and a half hours to finish if you include cutscenes.

Yeah, replayability has always been where it's at for Platinum games.

Also, did you see my offer?

I think back in 2007/2008 doing a Halo movie would have not only been possible, but successful as well.

I think now, doing a Halo movie would be a major failure in the box office. Halo isn't really that popular anymore, I means sure, the games still sell (and according to Frankie, selling more, although things like the NPD and such say otherwise) but they're not really as popular as it used to be. Back in 2007 Halo WAS the game. That's not true anymore.

I think back in 2007/2008 doing a Halo movie would have not only been possible, but successful as well.

I think now, doing a Halo movie would be a major failure in the box office. Halo isn't really that popular anymore, I means sure, the games still sell (and according to Frankie, selling more, although things like the NPD and such say otherwise) but they're not really as popular as it used to be. Back in 2007 Halo WAS the game. That's not true anymore.

Care to source that?

Back in 2007, Halo 3's release was covered on the Dutch news. I didn't even see a commercial for Halo 4 this time. In the mean time, Call of Duty is getting more and more main stream attention.

Care to source that?

Ehh... alright. I'll try and grab links and what not, but according to the NPD the game's opening month sales were less than that of Halo 3 and Halo:Reachs, and according to some European sales thingy that gets posted on GAF a lot, the game launched weaker than Halo 3 and Halo:Reach as well. So I really doubt Halo 4 sold better than Halo 3 or Halo:Reach, regardless of how much Frankie says it did on GAF.

Let me go find the sources.

In the November NPD, Halo 4 placed at Number 2, and only sold 3.2 million.

Halo:Reach and Halo 3 both did 3.3 million if I recall correctly.

And "Halo 4 ranks as the 18th biggest SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) launch in terms of Week 1 units, but does not beat 2007's Halo 3 (15th biggest SKU) or indeed 2010's Halo: Reach (12th biggest SKU)."

Pretty big gap in the UK.

If Halo 4 has passed Halo:Reach or Halo 3 in sales (doubt it), it's only because of the $39.99 "sale" just 5 weeks after launch.

FUD was excellent. Imo.
Would be cool if 343 does a Prequel to the Forerunner-verse of Halo (Halo 4 Terminals) but an animated movie that's actually better than Halo Legends.
Frankie did say 343 has the script to the Halo Movie and will be ready if its planned to go onto the big screens.

Toa TAK

Banned
FUD was excellent. Imo.
Would be cool if 343 does a Prequel to the Forerunner-verse of Halo (Halo 4 Terminals) but an animated movie that's actually better than Halo Legends.
Frankie did say 343 has the script to the Halo Movie and will be ready if its planned to go onto the big screens.

Where?!

m23

Why is extraction in Team Throwdown? And why is there now only one extraction point?

OT: Played some Borderlands 2, loving it. The dialogue in the game is some of the best I've heard and one of the few games that have actually made me laugh.

Looking back on saved films from earlier, turns out, you can actually see that the framerate affects the film too but in a slightly different way. Very odd.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ehh... alright. I'll try and grab links and what not, but according to the NPD the game's opening month sales were less than that of Halo 3 and Halo:Reachs, and according to some European sales thingy that gets posted on GAF a lot, the game launched weaker than Halo 3 and Halo:Reach as well. So I really doubt Halo 4 sold better than Halo 3 or Halo:Reach, regardless of how much Frankie says it did on GAF.

Let me go find the sources.

In the November NPD, Halo 4 placed at Number 2, and only sold 3.2 million.

Halo:Reach and Halo 3 both did 3.3 million if I recall correctly.

And "Halo 4 ranks as the 18th biggest SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) launch in terms of Week 1 units, but does not beat 2007's Halo 3 (15th biggest SKU) or indeed 2010's Halo: Reach (12th biggest SKU)."

Pretty big gap in the UK.

If Halo 4 has passed Halo:Reach or Halo 3 in sales (doubt it), it's only because of the $39.99 "sale" just 5 weeks after launch.

While NPD gets a lot of numbers, they don't get all of them.

Fuchsdh

I disagree. Halo isn't the same phenom it was, but I think that only increases the chance it would be a good film since its less of a site thing. Halo's marketers have always known that they can't just rely on fans anyhow.

I will always respect Microsoft for not going ahead on that Garlad crud, even if it was prolly motivated mostly by the money. Halo fans dodged a bullet.

matthieuC

Alright guys I need some advice. I just finished all of the geometry of a map for the FFA contest, but I'm a little concerned that it will be too small to support 8 man free for all.

tP6Lchg.jpg

fH9QkA3.jpg

Any other general feedback would be appreciated as well.

I'm gonna hop on for some games in half an hour if anyone's interested.

Edit: It's cool gui. I was too busy going 16-0 on KOTH to hear anything other than the sound of fun in my head. That Extraction game was pretty close though. Throwdown does spawn weapons a tad quicker than I'd like.

Merci.

RoKKeR

Random post: just finished watching SpOps all the way through. It still had its cheese here and there, but overall very good. I'm genuinely interested in what happens next. It seems like a pretty big detail story wise, and I could see it having great implications for Halo 5.

Can you imagine having to kill Halsey as Chief? That'd be something else.

Mix

Random post: just finished watching SpOpa all the way through. It still had its cheese here and there, but overall very good. I'm genuinely interested in what happens next. It seems like a pretty big detail story wise, and I could see it having great implications for Halo 5.

the idea of this happening makes me want it.

Gui_PT

I'm gonna hop on for some games in half an hour if anyone's interested.

Edit: It's cool gui. I was too busy going 16-0 on KOTH to hear anything other than the sound of fun in my head. That Extraction game was pretty close though. Throwdown does spawn weapons a tad quicker than I'd like.

Merci.

Send an invite if you need an extra brosky

blamite

Random post: just finished watching SpOps all the way through. It still had its cheese here and there, but overall very good. I'm genuinely interested in what happens next. It seems like a pretty big detail story wise, and I could see it having great implications for Halo 5.

I'm convinced that whatever happens with that storyline, it'll never be a big part of the main series campaign story. The HAlsey thing will either get finished up in another Season of SpOps, a book or comic or something, and it may be referenced or alluded to in Halo 5's campaign but it won't become a central plot point. Obviously there'll be repercussions for what happens but 343 would never bring something like that into the mainstream story.

Halo 4 showed that they'll keep the focus of their campaigns on "you vs aliens" and leave the more complicated background and explanations into the extended universe.

I thought some of you guys might be interested in this - I remixed Nemesis again. This time it's sort of meant as encounter/battle music for that Promethean Knight concept I posted a while back, then called the Lancer.

Now I'm thinking of calling it the Master or something. I thought an interested spin on Promethean Knights would be that their classes would slowly be introduced through the campaign by the ambient forms scanning and analyzing existing human/covenant enemies and mimicking them; Hackers would be based on Brute Chieftans or Zealots, for example.

Master forms are very uncommon but are based on Chief himself, which is why they're the strongest Knight class.

Stinkles sober, clothed, willing 11-05-2012, 06:14 PM

Re: Web Series

Originally Posted by NobleGundam:

I must admit that the final episode was brilliant. Bridging the gap between Chief & Laskey's venture towards Requiem was very moving and powerful. So much potential for future web series would be highly welcomed by all fans.

Recently, a GAFfer questioned of a Halo Movie. Could you say that torch was passed down from Bungie to 343i? Please Frankie :)
--
Stinklez:

"I worked on the movie stuff when I was at Bungie. If it ever happens we'll be ready."

zap

It'd be a QTE.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hello there. I'm Daedalos42. I'm new to Gaf. :D

So, what does everyone here think of the Majestic map pack? Skyline's skybox looks amazing, but the map itself looks pretty bland, IMO. Monolith seems like a pretty cool map, and Landfall has forklifts, so it's automatically awesome. I hate how there aren't any Dominion pieces available, though. D: And the Hornet on Skyline feels like it's taunting me. :(

Top Bottom