• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Toa TAK

Banned
Stinkles sober, clothed, willing 11-05-2012, 06:14 PM

Re: Web Series

Originally Posted by NobleGundam:

I must admit that the final episode was brilliant. Bridging the gap between Chief & Laskey's venture towards Requiem was very moving and powerful. So much potential for future web series would be highly welcomed by all fans.

Recently, a GAFfer questioned of a Halo Movie. Could you say that torch was passed down from Bungie to 343i? Please Frankie :)
--
Stinklez:

"I worked on the movie stuff when I was at Bungie. If it ever happens we'll be ready."
I remember that post. I thought it would've been from something else.

Hello there. I'm Daedalos42. I'm new to Gaf. :D

So, what does everyone here think of the Majestic map pack? Skyline's skybox looks amazing, but the map itself looks pretty bland, IMO. Monolith seems like a pretty cool map, and Landfall has forklifts, so it's automatically awesome. I hate how there aren't any Dominion pieces available, though. D: And the Hornet on Skyline feels like it's taunting me. :(

Nice lol, let us never forget:

rip.jpg

blamite

Yeah, I still don't understand who thought the best way to deal with one of the single most powerful villain in the whole series was with a QTE.

I dunno, I can kind of understand it. That fight needed to have a very specific outcome; the Didact hurt but not killed, falling off the bridge into the portal below. There were basically three choices; an actual fight, a cutscene, or the compromise of a QTE.

The fight would either have to be heavily scripted to allow you to kick the Didact off the bridge or abruptly end into a cutscene where that happens. Plus they'd have to create a whole new type of enemy for the that one fight.

A cutscene would be super unsatisfying and everyone would have complained about not being able to actually play the fight.

A QTE was probably the most efficient way to attempt to give the player the feeling of actually fighting the Didact without having to actually create everything involved in the fight, while also getting the cinematic moment 343 wanted the campaign to end on.

It's not perfect, but it was probably better than the janky fight or unsatisfying cutscene we would have gotten otherwise. I'm sure there'll be an actual real fight with the Didact by the end of the trilogy, Tartarus style (only hopefully actually good).

Ghazi

I dunno, I can kind of understand it. That fight needed to have a very specific outcome; the Didact hurt but not killed, falling off the bridge into the portal below. There were basically three choices; an actual fight, a cutscene, or the compromise of a QTE.

The fight would either have to be heavily scripted to allow you to kick the Didact off the bridge or abruptly end into a cutscene where that happens. Plus they'd have to create a whole new type of enemy for the that one fight.

A cutscene would be super unsatisfying and everyone would have complained about not being able to actually play the fight.

A QTE was probably the most efficient way to attempt to give the player the feeling of actually fighting the Didact without having to actually create everything involved in the fight, while also getting the cinematic moment 343 wanted the campaign to end on.

It's not perfect, but it was probably better than the janky fight or unsatisfying cutscene we would have gotten otherwise. I'm sure there'll be an actual real fight with the Didact by the end of the trilogy, Tartarus style (only hopefully actually good).

I guess that would make sense, tbh I can't think of any way at all that could make that fight work at all. It's not like he has weak spots anyway and just shooting him in the face over and over again (while satisfying) would be lame.

Damn, I just received my first hateful voice message ever since I started using Xbox Live. After a game of SWAT which is the only mode I'm not terrible at. I got a message from some prick calling me the n word twice because he's a sore loser.

I'm not even angry just laughed it off and was kinda surprised it took this long for that to happen.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Damn, I just received my first hateful voice message ever since I started using Xbox Live. After a game of SWAT which is the only mode I'm not terrible at. I got a message from some prick calling me the n word twice because he's a sore loser.

I'm not even angry just laughed it off and was kinda surprised it took this long for that to happen.

I wish that would happen to me more often. Sadly, I'm not good enough. :p

u4iX

what happened to THC?

On Tuesday, February 19th, the front page, Facebook twitter, and YouTube channel changed from CyReN's to a new pair of hands as we prepared to transition our staff into new roles.

On February 20th, we posted four articles by two unique users to our front page.

On February 21st, we posted seven articles from five unique users.

On February 22nd, we posted five articles from two unique users.

On February 23rd, we posted four articles from two unique users and uploaded a video to our YouTube channel.

Tonight, the statement was made that CyReN, Jazzy, aPK, Clicked, and Last Man had officially left the Halo Council staff.

I'll be serving as the new Content Direct for the Halo Council. You'll be seeing new names involved with our front page, YouTube and twitter, but you should expect the same from us, and even more from us. So, while the faces have changed, the heart and soul behind the Halo Council has not. You only need to look as far as our front page or forums to see that; to see that the Halo Council does not rest on any one's shoulders.

We wish our prior staff the best of luck in their new endeavors, and if their work ethic is even half of that which they put into the Halo Council, we will love watching them succeed all over again.

Now, to the staff that has stepped up, they know that there are big shoes to fill. However, these are growing boys, so I know that they will be filling those shoes in no time; in some ways they already have.

The Halo Council's vision is still intact, and we still have big plans for the future. To the new members and those who've been around the block, we know you'll continue to support our community, whether that's a retweet on twitter, a thumbs up on YouTube, a like on Facebook or a post on our forums.

We're still here, as the complete package, to stand by this community, and we know you'll continue to stand with us. <3

From this post here.

Ghazi

I got it for PS3, it's so fucking good.

I was considering getting it for the PS3 since I love it's controller, but I like to play hack and slash games when I need a break from FPS/other games and I like to talk to my friends while I play them. It made playing DMC3 on PS2 extremely annoying so I ended up deciding to get Rising on my 360.

I was considering getting it for the PS3 since I love it's controller, but I like to play hack and slash games when I need a break from FPS/other games and I like to talk to my friends while I play them. It made playing DMC3 on PS2 extremely annoying so I ended up deciding to get Rising on my 360.
It's good on Xbox too, just got it on PS3 for those uncompressed cut scenes and that exclusive dlc.

Omni

Seriously, why the fuck is camo sniping a problem? It's not like people were complaining about in Reach.

Oh wait... They were.

It's so frustrating. The last maybe 5 or so games I've played I've come across assholes using it. I just can't wrap my head around the thought process of thinking that it's balanced. Eh

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Seriously, why the fuck is camo sniping a problem? It's not like people were complaining about in Reach.

Oh wait... They were.

It's so frustrating. The last maybe 5 or so games I've played I've come across assholes using it. I just can't wrap my head around the thought process of thinking that it's balanced. Eh

It was way worse in Reach.

Slayer on Hemorrhage > Everything

Why is extraction in Team Throwdown? And why is there now only one extraction point?

OT: Played some Borderlands 2, loving it. The dialogue in the game is some of the best I've heard and one of the few games that have actually made me laugh.

TE is one of the reasons people keep quitting. It is by far the most time I experience 3v4 or worse. Especially once a team takes a lead people just give up. Borderlands 2 is great. Especially at the later levels.

They should reduce the number or frequency of grenade spawns on Team Throwdown maps.

It is way to easy for a player to collect 6 grenades at once. Maybe they could limit it to 2 grenade types per map? You should never be able to have 6 grenades at once. Especially not in a competitive playlist.

Yep, along with the power weapon spawns. Nothing like playing on a map where 2 members on the other team have snipers. I wish they would bump the strafe speed even more. Come up on Haven against the needler and you have no where to go.

Fotos

So I was speedrunning the Halo 4 campaign with a couple of my friends tonight. We finally got to the last mission and were about half way done with it when a message came up saying that we had "lost connection to the other players." Wtf does that even mean? It sent us all back to the Campaign lobby together. None of us were lagging and no one disconnected.

Madness

Oh wait... They were.

It's not like they'd make an achievement where active camo is needed... Oh wait.

Again though, the playlists are confusing.

Team Doubles
Team Throwdown
Team Objective

They all read like they would have the same settings but really TO is infinity.

I think they should use Infinity to define those settings and Team or Pro to define the v2 settings.

Infinity Slayer
Infinity Big Team (Throw Dominion in here)
Infinity Objective (KOTH, Extraction, Oddball, Flood)
Infinity Regicide
Infinity CTF

Team Slayer Pro
Team Doubles Pro
Team Snipers Pro
Team Objective Pro (KOTH, Extraction, Oddball etc)
Team CTF Pro (Including 1 flag)
SWAT
FFA Pro

You can roll Grifball in and out and nobody plays Flood. Anthing under Team would be ranked and count towards the ranking system. Anything Infinity would be considered social.

Pop

You guys like beating dead horses.

Give it up already, Halo the powerhouse it once was is over. How long it's taking to fix MM is unacceptable. LEGACY features and others were removed for what? Are we ever going to get an answer to that, most likely not.

There are reasons for me not posting anymore mainly cause I haven't played in months and just reading these reply's from you guys makes me sort of irritated. Some of you will accept whatever 343i gives to you and are highly optimistic on what could become of H4. Since Day 1, problems have been there and still not fixed or things that should have been in aren't ever returning. I mean just look how long it's taking to add anything to the game, there are way better games to be using your time on instead of continuing to play H4 only to return here to complain all over again.

You guys like beating dead horses.

Give it up already, Halo the powerhouse it once was is over. How long it's taking to fix MM is unacceptable. LEGACY features and others were removed for what? Are we ever going to get an answer to that, most likely not.

There are reasons for me not posting anymore mainly cause I haven't played in months and just reading these reply's from you guys makes me sort of irritated. Some of you will accept whatever 343i gives to you and are highly optimistic on what could become of H4. Since Day 1, problems have been there and still not fixed or things that should have been in aren't ever returning. I mean just look how long it's taking to add anything to the game, there are way better games to be using your time on instead of continuing to play H4 only to return here to complain all over again.

Ironically enough I put Reach in last night. Im telling you, the anniversary playlist after the TU is better than H4. Great maps, movement, strafe. No sprint, no AAs and awesome pistol. If they threw a ranking system on that it would be gold.

Top Bottom