• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Tried asking this once before but got no response.

Am I able to get the mantis stomp achievement still even though crimson DLC matchmaking is no longer a playlist?

Solace is just a shit show, sadly. I think weapons are fine.

As far as team matching, it's on. In a party of 4 I either match a 3 and 1 or another party of 4.

Oh sweet, thanks for your side of the info. I haven't gone in as a To4 so I wasn't sure.

The most notable over abundance of snipers is on Adrift CTF. Two, every two minutes with 12 rounds each I believe. Hopefully they change them to 3 minute drops.

no no your supposed to blame the game

I get where you're coming from but in the case of the 'press B to back out of lobby' while the voting options are up, one definitely can blame the game in part for offering such an easy get-out for players who don't like the voting options/the way the vote is going/the look of the other teams gamertags. It's especially grievous when the leader of a To2 drops from the lobby leaving the game to start 2v4. Without jip the entire game is ruined and MM should default back to searching for players.

I've made it a thing to not quit my games in throwdown unless I lose two or more teammates. Didn't quit a single game today so the vast majority of players were staying in. I've dropped a few DDNB's (dubdignegbombs) with this attitude but like others have said, I don't really mind getting stomped in throwdown too much because there isn't much cheapness, outside of the aforementioned incineration cannon, sword, occasionally the needler and the odd sprint double beatdown. Just the fact that there's no camo AA ensures the playlist is 1000 times less bullshit than your average infinity game.

Tried asking this once before but got no response.

Am I able to get the mantis stomp achievement still even though crimson DLC matchmaking is no longer a playlist?

Yes.

TheOddOne

I thought the videos attached to the Waypoint Majestic map articles were that of IGN, but they are actually are new.

Halo 4 Majestic Map Pack Strategy: Landfall, Skyline and Monolith.

iboBXtv2dgPdx5.gif

Madness

I would hope they skip a Halo game this year and next, although I wouldn't mind a Halo Wars 2 sometime soon.

It'll never happen. Microsoft didn't disband perhaps one of the best RTS studios in the world soon after the launch of Halo Wars just so that a few years later, they could make Halo wars 2.

Even if they tried, they'd likely not be able to regather the talent that was at Ensemble.

Halo Wars was highly rated, it sold millions, and is well regarded by Halo fans and accepted and Microsoft still shut Ensemble down.

Fuchsdh

Looking forward to jumping in with a team on Monday for the new maps. Greenskull and Heckfu's walk through got me pumped. Anyone know when the maps are available to download? Want to see my box up to download so I'm ready to play after a long workday.

If you were going to do an ODST side story I'd start it at the beginning of Tsavo Highway and end with barely escaping the glassing (maybe with civilians in tow, would be awesome to have them well-integrated into campaign.) Have them assault a Covenant installation, etc. Let us see another side to the invasion, while we're contributing same as the Chief. Don't tell me there was only one AA gun defending the Ark.

I posted it before, but I'd love to see a side story where you (as an ODST and your squad) have to escape a flood infected High Charity after the in Amber clad crashed there. You would fight Flood, Brutes and their allies, and Elites with theirs. Parts of High Charity could function as a Hub world. Scattered pelicans around the Hub could provide ammo for human weapons and maybe even vehicles in the hub world/during missions. We don't know a lot about High Charity, so it'd also be a great opportunity to explore the city, and the Covenant's culture. Your objective would basically be to escape the city alive.

It'd also be a great way to incorporate an explanation for the dead ODST with the flamethrower who you can find on Cortana :p

It'll never happen. Microsoft didn't disband perhaps one of the best RTS studios in the world soon after the launch of Halo Wars just so that a few years later, they could make Halo wars 2.

Even if they tried, they'd likely not be able to regather the talent that was at Ensemble.

Halo Wars was highly rated, it sold millions, and is well regarded by Halo fans and accepted and Microsoft still shut Ensemble down.

Yeah but your forgetting most of the talent went to form Robot Studios, they supported Halo Wars with 2 DLC packs and 5 title updates post launch and also post Ensemble shutdown.

I believe they could deliver a Halo Wars 2

Madness

Looking forward to jumping in with a team on Monday for the new maps. Greenskull and Heckfu's walk through got me pumped. Anyone know when the maps are available to download? Want to see my box up to download so I'm ready to play after a long workday.

The 25th...im waiting to see what the consensus is. I foolishly bought the Crimson map pack when I wanted to play. I should have just bought the season pass from the start. While I'd want to buy the majestic maps, I don't want to risk it without hearing what HaloGAF thinks.

I posted it before, but I'd love to see a side story where you (as an ODST and your squad) have to escape a flood infected High Charity after the in Amber clad crashed there. You would fight Flood, Brutes and their allies, and Elites with theirs. Parts of High Charity could function as a Hub world. Scattered pelicans around the Hub could provide ammo for human weapons and maybe even vehicles in the hub world/during missions. We don't know a lot about High Charity, so it'd also be a great opportunity to explore the city, and the Covenant's culture. Your objective would basically be to escape the city alive.

It'd also be a great way to incorporate an explanation for the dead ODST with the flamethrower who you can find on Cortana :p

Oh man I'd SO be down for Purple: The Game. It would explain where it all went in Halo 4, anyway. /stillbitteraboutthat

Madness

Do Kotaku editors just casually browse GAF threads for stories? They've turned the xbox event gif thread into a news item. And numerous other times, something that is said or shown here on HaloGAF ends up there.

FyreWulff

Ensemble closed down because they didn't want to just do RTSes. MS would only greenlight RTSes from Ensemble, since they knew those were a sure bet.

In effect, Robot is the part of Ensemble that wanted to do RTSes. Bonfire ended up being bought by Zynga and renamed Zynga Dallas.

edit: well this post is now weird since you edited yours out :lol

edit2: and the third spinoff, Newtoy Inc, made a little game called Words With Friends and also got bought by Zynga.

Here are the map overheads for the Majestic pack (Off Waypoint):

I wouldn't have a problem with a Shotgun and SAW on these maps if it wasn't for the 89037433434 ammo they give you with them. All the power weapons need less ammo because of how easy they are to score kills with and control.

Ensemble closed down because they didn't want to just do RTSes. MS would only greenlight RTSes from Ensemble, since they knew those were a sure bet.

In effect, Robot is the part of Ensemble that wanted to do RTSes. Bonfire ended up being bought by Zynga and renamed Zynga Dallas.

I love how involved they were with the Halo Wars community. People asked for fixes, they realized how broken some of the things people were complaining about were and they were updated reasonably quick.

Dirtbag

JIP has created this ridiculous quitting environment in Halo.
I don't think I had one game of Throwdown end with full teams.
Pretty fun playlist, but I find myself liking Doubles Pro the best.

FyreWulff

I wouldn't have a problem with a Shotgun and SAW on these maps if it wasn't for the 89037433434 ammo they give you with them. All the power weapons need less ammo because of how easy they are to score kills with and control.

I love how involved they were with the Halo Wars community. People asked for fixes, they realized how broken some of the things people were complaining about were and they were updated reasonably quick.

Anders: the Boltshot of Halo Wars

Anders: the Boltshot of Halo Wars

LOL RIP Gauss Hog Rush - I remember learning about the Cryo glitch so late in the game :b

I would hope they skip a Halo game this year and next, although I wouldn't mind a Halo Wars 2 sometime soon.
Yeah, I think we won't have a Halo game this year. Which is good.

We might get SpOps 2 or new map packs though.

I disagree. That's part of the reason why we put all our eggs in each Halo basket because we were used to long dev cycles. In order for Halo to stay relevant and maintain its appeal, 343/M$ need to pump out significant Halo releases yearly.

Not saying they all have to be Halo numbered FPS, but they have to be significant.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Do Kotaku editors just casually browse GAF threads for stories? They've turned the xbox event gift thread into a news item. And nunerous other times, something that is said or shown here on HaloGAF ends up there.

Uhh yes. Kotaku is one of many that do that.

willow ve

LOL RIP Gauss Hog Rush - I remember learning about the Cryo glitch so late in the game :b

I disagree. That's part of the reason why we put all our eggs in each Halo basket because we were used to long dev cycles. In order for Halo to stay relevant and maintain its appeal, 343/M$ need to pump out significant Halo releases yearly.

Not saying they all have to be Halo numbered FPS, but they have to be significant.

ODST 2 please.

Alchemical

Neo Member
After I fix the floors on my map, does anyone want to run some Infinity Rumble on it? I could use some films of it.

Wouldn't pass up a chance to get some early games in on it. Looks pretty solid, though a little corridor-heavy. Won't make any judgments until I've got some games in on it.

GT: Heptagons

Feel free to invite me.

Top Bottom