• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Madness

Cmon Frankie, you're the face of the Halo franchise. I better start seeing you driving a Bugatti down I-5. Use all that best-selling Halo game to date money.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Cmon Frankie, you're the face of the Halo franchise. I better start seeing you driving a Bugatti down I-5. Use all that best-selling Halo game to date money.

MqAtvtv.jpg

Booties

Banned
Looks like a bad action move scene is about to happen

Yea, that's how I figured it would be.

I just got a scholarship check in the mail, so I guess I might as well get a good pair of headsets. I think i'm either gonna go for the Turtle Beach PX5's or Turtle Beach XP500's, though I don't really know the difference between them. Might as well go on Amazon and read some reviews.

The PX5 will have a wire between the controller and the headset unless you get the xbox controller bluetooth plug in. Blame microsoft.

Korosenai

Landfall is a great map, but does not work at all with Infinity Slayer. Also, if there's going to be a shotgun on Skyline, there only needs to be one. Two is just too much.

The PX5 will have a wire between the controller and the headset unless you get the xbox controller bluetooth plug in. Blame microsoft.
Yea, i'd rather get one that is completely wireless, no cords.

Wait, you're using scholarship money to buy a headset? I'm telling your parents.
Pssh, they don't care. $2000 of it is going towards finances, and $500 of it is to spend on whatever.

Dammit! I leave my good paying, full-time job to get delicious food that would make some African children super jealous and I miss out on free stuff that I totally deserve to have? Son of a bitch!

no bullets hans

Neo Member
re: wireless headphones, I have a set of the afterglow wireless headphones.

I like them a lot. I wish my head was smaller so they'd fit better. I can only deal with them about 90 minutes at a time or else they hurt my ears because of them pressing on the cartilage in a weird way.

But I got them so I could game in relative silence on the off occasion that my wife is sleeping and I'm still up, so I don't use them every day. The sound is pretty good for just stereo and they have a nice voice chat/game blend. Maybe others have that feature too, I don't know, but I'm just throwing that out there.

I'd probably wear them everyday but they're just not adjustable. I also have an enormous mutant head, so this might not be an issue for normal craniumed persons.

Looks like a bad action move scene is about to happen

I think I have the PX51 or something and they have that connector between the controller and the headset. It's not really irksome unless you like to set you controller down and wander around with the headset on.

FyreWulff

Well, that's slightly annoying. Can't buy H3/Wars for my US account while in Canada.

Going to attempt two workarounds: wait for my brothers to get online and have them log in from 'murca and buy the games via the web and hope they download, or just give my Canadian roommate the money and buy via his account (with the downside that I no longer have the games once I go back to the US)

The regionalness of the internet perplexes me sometimes, even though I understand the legal why.

wwm0nkey

Well, that's slightly annoying. Can't buy H3/Wars for my US account while in Canada.

Going to attempt two workarounds: wait for my brothers to get online and have them log in from 'murca and buy the games via the web and hope they download, or just give my Canadian roommate the money and buy via his account (with the downside that I no longer have the games once I go back to the US)

The regionalness of the internet perplexes me sometimes, even though I understand the legal why.

What about using a US proxy?

Yeah I was pretty disappointed at the Canadian pricing, myself. I have a Canadian account, but it's listed as $20/1360MSP here instead of the $10/800MSP it was advertised at. Sad days.

343Industries_Leads_MAV_01.jpg

So who's going to do it?

At least they don't look as awkward as Marty, Jonty, Harold and Ondraus on stage last week. Josh knows what to do with his hands.

FyreWulff

Yeah I was pretty disappointed at the Canadian pricing, myself. I have a Canadian account, but it's listed as $20/1360MSP here instead of the $10/800MSP it was advertised at. Sad days.

At least they don't look as awkward as Marty, Jonty, Harold and Ondraus on stage last week. Josh knows what to do with his hands.

Canadians get robbed. The US/CAN dollars are at 1:1 parity yet you get to pay much more for everything..

Tawpgun

Yeah but josh is going for a very half assed gangsta folded arms look that's kinda awk

Thank you based GameStop. I'm turning in Halo Wars Limited Edition, Halo 3 and Halo 4 and it's just enough to buy them on demand.

Also, I'm doodling a basic comic about 343 but I don't know an easy way to get the point across that they actually work at 343/make Halo, any ideas? I'm probably going to be using dellis for the majority of it since he and Frankie are some of the most "iconic" members. Maybe Bravo or Kiki?

Booties

Banned
booties you better use this

"Power Up!"

It really goes well with the OT too.

I think I have the PX51 or something and they have that connector between the controller and the headset. It's not really irksome unless you like to set you controller down and wander around with the headset on.

Yeah I usually just unplug it from the headset or take them off. It's kind of annoying if you have to get up quickly because you're tethered to the controller. The only reason I didn't get the bluetooth adapter is because I'm worried about tanking the battery life on both ends. I guess I shouldn't be since I have a ton of good rechargeable batteries. But if you have any other bluetooth device it's worth it. I can get phone calls on my PX5s, use it with my macbook pro wirelessly, and also use it wirelessly with PCs and the PS3

Here is a link to the bluetooth adapter I'm talking about. I don't know how it will make the controller feel though. I need to find a picture of it actually attached and in someone's hands before I make the purchase

And here is an early review of it from when it was first released with some pictures. He doesn't talk about how it feels in your hand so maybe it isn't an issue. I don't know if they changed the mute button or not.

The best part is that you can have multiple bluetooth devices attached. So you can use this XBA adapter and still hook your phone up as well.

Booties

Banned
At first I was like "lol"

... but then I was like
jackie-chan-images_14807.jpg

I like having the games on my HDD since I have like 200 Gb free. This way you don't have to change discs often, but you lose out on the nostalgia of having your halo 3 disc in 40 years and telling your kids how you used to dong on kids just like them all the time. Then smash the disc over their face and laugh as they will never be able to challenge you to halo ever.

Danny 117

So are the maps worth the money? Money's tight but I could afford them if they will give me at least 6 hours of fun (money well spent in my opinion).

Also dem skyboxes..

At first I was like "lol"

... but then I was like
jackie-chan-images_14807.jpg

Welcome to the cloud, baby.

Also, I'm preparing for delicious GAF tears when the Xbox 420 doesn't have backwards compatability but it does let you transfer digital purchases from your 360 or some Microsoft bullshit.

Top Bottom