• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

They definitely aren't cheap though. For me they were worth the investment though since I almost exclusively play with the TV muted.

Yeah, I almost never play without them. Been using the PX 21's for years now (wired). Works seemingly with my 360, PC, and my friend's PS3. Never had problems and were only $60.

They definitely aren't cheap though. For me they were worth the investment though since I almost exclusively play with the TV muted.
Wireless headphones are totally worth the big investment. I have a pair of Pioneer 5.1 wireless that I've had since Halo 3, and they're still amazing.

Which brings me to my next issue with the sound of Halo 4: your footsteps are indiscernible from everyone else's. It's annoying to stop and turn around, thinking that someone is coming up behind me and it's just my stupid clunky feet. I know there's a perk for that (ugh), but I prefer Firepower or Stability over stealth for the most part.

I'm also ready for Camo, Promethean Vision, and Jetpack to be obliterated out of personal loadouts. It's great playing the new maps, but the same shitty habits of cowering in a corner using Camo, taunting approaching players with PromVision, and destroying intended map design with jetpack doesn't do the new maps any favors. Any time now. Seriously.

Karl2177

Which brings me to my next issue with the sound of Halo 4: your footsteps are indiscernible from everyone else's. It's annoying to stop and turn around, thinking that someone is coming up behind me and it's just my stupid clunky feet. I know there's a perk for that (ugh), but I prefer Firepower or Stability over stealth for the most part.

I'm also ready for Camo, Promethean Vision, and Jetpack to be obliterated out of personal loadouts. It's great playing the new maps, but the same shitty habits of cowering in a corner using Camo, taunting approaching players with PromVision, and destroying intended map design with jetpack doesn't do the new maps any favors. Any time now. Seriously.
For the first part, that's just the sad reality of perk design. I'm all for it to be sent out the airlock, too.

On the second part, matters aren't being helped that there are achievements tied to them...

Yeah, I almost never play without them. Been using the PX 21's for years now (wired). Works seemingly with my 360, PC, and my friend's PS3. Never had problems and were only $60.

I have the wireless version of these and they work well as well for 360 and PS3. Haven't tried on my PC yet since I don't have the right setup (and I have wired headphones for that).

For the first part, that's just the sad reality of perk design. I'm all for it to be sent out the airlock, too.

On the second part, matters aren't being helped that there are achievements tied to them...

Between the map pack achievements and the weekly challenge for Automatic weapon kills it is driving me nuts.

Wireless headphones are totally worth the big investment. I have a pair of Pioneer 5.1 wireless that I've had since Halo 3, and they're still amazing.

Just put those three AAs into Personal Ordnance or as pickups on the map. They disappear upon death that way, and they also might help improve map flow as they'd be worth fighting over like a power weapon, but as power AAs instead. The other AAs are pretty inoffensive for gameplay anyway I'd say.

Limit must be pretty high because I've used Bing Rewards pretty much since its inception and that's all I redeem. It hasn't told me of a limit yet.

Well, I just checked, and apparently the limit has been upped since the beta (used to be like 5000 pts). Now the limit isn't really a concern I suppose.

Restrictions: A maximum total of 64,000 Microsoft Points may be redeemed per Xbox LIVE gamertag through the Bing Rewards program.

Booties

Banned
Doesn't exists. If you want quality wireless headphones, you're going to have to spend money. I would just stick to either Turtle Beach, Tritton, or Astro. They all have wireless headphones for sale.

What are some good cheap wireless headphones for Xbox? I'm still using the TurtleBeach X11's and I hate how many cords it has.

Yeah you gotta spend some money. If you're going to do it then get turtle beach surround sound wireless with Bluetooth. I have had the px5's for over two years and thy are amazing. Worth every penny. About $300

Yeah, those achievements are really, really badly designed. God forbid that there's something to promote team play

Just put those three AAs into Personal Ordnance or as pickups on the map. They disappear upon death that way, and they also might help improve map flow as they'd be worth fighting over like a power weapon, but as power AAs instead. The other AAs are pretty inoffensive for gameplay anyway I'd say.
Agreed, I would take them as map pickups or even as Personal Ordnance. The constant use and abuse is frustrating as hell.

Korosenai

Yeah you gotta spend some money. If you're going to do it then get turtle beach surround sound wireless with Bluetooth. I have had the px5's for over two years and thy are amazing. Worth every penny. About $300

Yea, that's how I figured it would be.

I just got a scholarship check in the mail, so I guess I might as well get a good pair of headsets. I think i'm either gonna go for the Turtle Beach PX5's or Turtle Beach XP500's, though I don't really know the difference between them. Might as well go on Amazon and read some reviews.

789shadow

Banned
By the way, last night was fun goofing around with Franklin, Kittens, and Sithcore.

I just killed everyone while they were trying to get Sith the Pulse Grenade achievement. :p

2011-04-14-BONUS-COMIC-Master-Chief%27s-Feelings.png

Computer

I have a pair of Astro A50's I love them. The problem with Halo 4 is that some of the maps ambient sounds are so damn loud they give you a headache and block out what you want to hear like foot steps. Another thing I rarely hear a enemies foot steps before I get assassinated.

Karl2177

Uggghhh... I enjoy the new maps until the spawning system decides to rear its ugly head. Skyline is way too small for 8 player FFA and the Halo 4 spawning system. I actually spawned on a sticky detonator round. But the crowning moment was when I spawned in between two people in a firefight.

Aggrotek

Uggghhh... TI enjoy the new maps until the spawning system decides to rear its ugly head. Skyline is way too small for 8 player FFA and the Halo 4 spawning system. I actually spawned on a sticky detonator round. But the crowning moment was when I spawned in between two people in a firefight.

xh9lx.jpg

Blah, all these nextbox rumors have me down. I honestly can say if they are all true and there isn't some hidden catch that makes it all amazing and worth it then I will be skipping the nextbox this fall.

Infinity settings won't be nuked because most of the achievments are tied to them! New maps really do scratch the arena map itch though.

Can we just have all the maps be this size for halo 5 please 343?

I have a pair of Astro A50's I love them. The problem with Halo 4 is that some of the maps ambient sounds are so damn loud they give you a headache and block out what you want to hear like foot steps. Another thing I rarely hear a enemies foot steps before I get assassinated.
Sound design as a whole is pretty underwhelming imo, especially making the arguable unfair comparison to past Halo games. Forge is particularly obnoxious with the ambient buzzing, but I rarely forge without listening to music.

Woorloog

Banned
Watermarked disc's are such a non issue for me.

Buy New Support Developers

Sure, once i don't have to pay to a greedy, meddling publisher.

Or once new games don't cost 70€. Or cost that and actually are worth it. Don't remember when i last bought a game that was worth it, apart from Skyrim. Should always wait till price drop at least...

Oh, yeah, i guess i should try the new Halo 4 maps too. ME3 DLC taking time.

Ghazi

Who is a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything and is also a dirty poor?
Me.

edit: I braved the horrific Mtn. Dorito during my stay on Mars, I couldn't afford to get back down now and I'm stuck there. Plz help

Signed, The Ghazmeister

LD2k

Neo Member
Really digging these new maps. I love the tightness (that's what she said) and the fast action of these maps. Finally played a few 4v4 games on the Majestic map pack this morning and these worked beautifully. I can see myself spending a lot of time in these maps as the pacing reminds me of the Halo 2 days.

Also Majestic Pap Pack Achievement Guide for those who are having some trouble.

Ghazi

Forget having bulletins on Wednsday's, Frankie should just raffle out exclusive 343 bingo boards. Once you get 5 in a row shout HALO!

Haven't played them yet but judging by the favourable reaction it makes it all the more galling that these maps (or more maps of this size to be more accurate) were not available at launch. Having only Haven and Adrift be the only playable small maps in the game really harmed it from a 4v4 perspective. These maps really ought to be made free 3 months down the line if only to make 4v4 playlists achievable without Forge maps filling the (sizable) gaps. The 4v4 map count this game shipped with was unacceptable. I really hope this DLC sells very well so when the maps do get added to team throwdown there'll be a realistic chance of seeing them.

Top Bottom