• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

A lot of people won't accept it but CliffyB is telling a damn true. A game has to evolve forward. Even if it means to smash some principle pillars away. But at the end a developer should not throw away too much. Or trying to connect new ideas with old ones.

IGN gave spartan ops a 6/10, and tell players to not waste their time ever playing it.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/26/halo-4-spartan-ops-video-review

They also believe Masterchief is going to be fighting the UNSC in Halo 5.
Disagree with the score. But at the end I would have given the first half of SpOps a 5/10 or 6/10 but the second half is clearly a 7-8/10. At the end I do not care. I had my fun with SpOps and I would recommend everyone to play it. Even if only the second half.

Tawpgun

A lot of people won't accept it but CliffyB is telling a damn true. A game has to evolve forward. Even if it means to smash some principle pillars away. But at the end a developer should not throw away too much. Or trying to connect new ideas with old ones.
I think a game should be built around its pillars. Not changeing them to evolve.

So this is the map im submitting to the FFA forge competition. Was working on another map for it but this one turned out better.

Opus_zps54e768b8.jpg

Walkthrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ppa4gNu6SkU

Has frank or ellis spoken about why a Basic version of Halo 4 is not in matchmaking?

No Sprint
No Instant respawn
Weapons on Map
Faster base speed
BR Magnum 2 Frags No AA No Perks Loadout

Forge Maps or Even better a classic map pack.

Halo 4 is a solid game under the fluff.

So Skyline is so small that I died and spawned instantly on the enemy flag spot lol, like I spawned holding the flag, it confused the hell out of me and then ended up being the easiest flag cap ever.

heckfu

Banned
So this is the map im submitting to the FFA forge competition. Was working on another map for it but this one turned out better.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/SHIFTY_time/Opus_zps54e768b8.jpg[IMG]

Walkthrough:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ppa4gNu6SkU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ppa4gNu6SkU[/URL][/QUOTE]

The black areas, do they represent open space or is it walled off? Your last map was amazing so I'm looking forward to this one!

Ghazi

Maybe that picture of Frankie on the moped(?) was supposed to be moments before he drove down to the reviewer's house and taught him an Infinity Lesson.

The black areas, do they represent open space or is it walled off? Your last map was amazing so I'm looking forward to this one!

Walled off but there are a couple tunnels through the ones leading into the middle.

@ agg. The overshield spawns on a 2 min timer and rockets are on a 3 min timer.

Has frank or ellis spoken about why a Basic version of Halo 4 is not in matchmaking?

No Sprint
No Instant respawn
Weapons on Map
Faster base speed
BR Magnum 2 Frags No AA No Perks Loadout

Forge Maps or Even better a classic map pack.

Halo 4 is a solid game under the fluff.

Because then there'd be no reason to pick up Halo 4: Complete Edition on the 720. ;)

--

6/10 is fair. I prefer to rank games out of 5, and I'd probably give SpOps a 3/5. I really enjoyed it, especially the second half, but it wasn't perfect and it was clearly flawed in a lot of ways, especially when comparing it to Firefight's customization and scoring options. So it wasn't perfect, but it improved enough over time to make me interested in the future of the mode, if it has one - although, I'd prefer if it didn't follow the same characters.

Fire Kevin Franklin, put Bravo in his place because he can apparently make a good playlist.

A few OT's back I put a pic up and everyone went nuts. How out of line it was.

images_zps3cf760d1.jpg

#FireFranklin2013

Yeah, if you are the lead of a decade long franchise MP that generates the lowest population online of said game andyou have to hire community pro's to fix that shit you probably should not keep your job.

Especially when 90% of the changes are hated by the community.

Hey I know how we can add perks! We can add things or nerf other things that Halo had before!

So the guy who gave Halo 4 a 9.8 gave SpOps a 6.

http://i.imgur.com/I4Gxnxq.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Takes longer for some for the goggles to come off.

Yeah, played more tonight. Been having my most enjoyable Team matches I've had in Halo 4 by avoiding as much Infinity BS as possible.
I'm carried of course, but BY GOD I prefer the pace and audiovisual experience.

kylej

Banned
Yeah, if you are the lead of a decade long franchise MP that generates the lowest population online of said game andyou have to hire community pro's to fix that shit you probably should not keep your job.

Hey I know how we can add perks! We can add things or nerf other things that Halo had before!

Hey man, when a guy who worked on SOCOM PSP games comes knocking, you can't not make him the lead multiplayer designer of one of the largest video game franchise in the world.

A few OT's back I put a pic up and everyone went nuts. How out of line it was.

images_zps3cf760d1.jpg

Scrap everyone attached to MP except Bravo. then Hire Hastro

Woah hey online file browser is a thing.

It's pretty awkward compared to what Bungie had though. Also it seems almost identical to the Reach file browser so why did it take 4 months exactly?

Nice! I've never really cared about the file browser itself really, just the ability to download and copy to my fileshare from a browser, and linking screenshots.

I was actually just wondering about whether we'd hear about that in the Bulletin. Cool to see they got it out when they said they would.

Tawpgun

This is why I sold my 360 and copy of Halo 4. If you are going to use one of the most tragic days in US history as a backdrop in a game environment, I WILL NOT support you.

uhhh

Also gg Booties, vhfive, and zero.

Truly having a blast playing Halo now. They're slowly fixing it.

Akai__

This is why I sold my 360 and copy of Halo 4. If you are going to use one of the most tragic days in US history as a backdrop in a game environment, I WILL NOT support you.

I think you are overreacting a little bit here, but lets not start a discussion about it. It will probably end up in bans and shit.

---

I really hope, that 343i learned from their mistakes. I always wondered, if they are happy, with the numbers. Don't know, for how many people they have aimed for.

FyreWulff

Can't get to my Xbox account right now, but does Add File actually initiate a dl to your Xbox or just copy it to your share? It seems like it just copied it to my share.

Ken

Revengeance mentions 9/11. Are you selling your PS3 as well.

Not really seeing how the backdrop is explicitly referencing 9/11.

Top Bottom