• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

IHaveIce

Banned
Loudouts, infinity and jetpack/camo ruin the map playlist.

What a surprise

edit: binary rifle on landfall in POs.. are you even trying 343?

I want the murder miner guys to do the next halo mp, 343 can do the graphics

Zoolader

I'm all for buying pc game downloads because of how cheap games are just a couple months after they release. In that market there are more than a few online stores competing and the consumer ends up saving money. I have a huge backlog of games I bought for my pc, most for under $10. I don't want digital downloads taking over the nextbox, where I would have to pay full retail for a game download, which I couldn't trade or sell or even let a friend borrow. Also the Halo Wars LE game case is so nice, that alone isn't worth trading in the physical copies for digital.

Computer

So many kids on Landfall using Camo with boltshot. So annoying.

Yulp Boltshit is still OP TU did nothing to help the issue. It is a close range weapon decreasing the range a bit is not going to fix it. People are still going to camp corners and get kills.

Loudouts, infinity and jetpack/camo ruin the map playlist.

What a surprise

edit: binary rifle on landfall in POs.. are you even trying 343?

I want the murder miner guys to do the next halo mp, 343 can do the graphics

you forgot sprint.

Nebula

9uwIjlX.png

Halo is Dad you guys.

So I tried out the new DLC. Was so happy to smash fools with hammers.

Yeah, that krogan Warlord Sentinel really is awesome.

Sorry. How are the new maps?

Nebula

Ugghhh. Hopefully classes after 4 are cancelled today. I don't want to go to physics lol.

Also, peeps should get on within the next 45 minutes to help me finish playtesting my map. Everything should be in place and ready now.

My body is ready for whatever you have made.

Shadders

Day one digital downloads.

I'd like to see "Double Play" versions of boxed games, get the Blu Ray and digital copy. I know I could just buy the digital copy, but I like boxes on shelves.

the achievement for airsassinations has made me realize im bad at getting airsassinations

I'm not sure I've ever even got one, is it for getting an assassination while jetpacking? Or assassinating someone who is jetpacking?

I'm all for buying pc game downloads because of how cheap games are just a couple months after they release. In that market there are more than a few online stores competing and the consumer ends up saving money. I have a huge backlog of games I bought for my pc, most for under $10. I don't want digital downloads taking over the nextbox, where I would have to pay full retail for a game download, which I couldn't trade or sell or even let a friend borrow. Also the Halo Wars LE game case is so nice, that alone isn't worth trading in the physical copies for digital.

I don't mean to sound to blunt, but you're going to have to deal with it. By time the Nextbox/PS4/WiiU gen is over, everything will be through digital distribution and physical distribution will be as much as a niche as it is for PC now.

Plasma Pistol + Pulse Grenades makes it ludicrously easy to get Pulse kills, for those wondering. Autosentry helps as well.

Also, just throwing it out there: for all of my weapon sandbox stuff (which should hopefully be getting its own dedicated blog soon), what if it stayed at its current count (12 loadout weapons, 9 initial ordnance and about 8? major power weapons for a total of ~35 weapons), but for Infinity Slayer (which remains a shitfiesta) and Waypoint Slayer (a happy competitive medium that's much more controlled and offers weapon variety but still isn't barebones) only? Standard Team Slayer would be completely competitive with only one weapon per niche excluding loadouts, which would be BR/Carbine/Light Rifle with a Pistol secondary.

FyreWulff

What about using a US proxy?

Success, or at least I have Wars on my account now. Got my brother to log into my account from Nebraska via Xbox.com and purchase Wars w/ points. Now it's downloading to my Canadian Xbox

Hopefully it actually boots up. If not, I at least have Wars on my account for when I go back to the States

Yulp Boltshit is still OP TU did nothing to help the issue. It is a close range weapon decreasing the range a bit is not going to fix it. People are still going to camp corners and get kills.

This.

There's just no justification for being able to spawn with a 1HK weapon in a Halo game. It either needs a damage nerf that brings it to less than a 1HK or it needs to be removed from loadouts entirely and either placed on the maps or put into personal ordnance.

Canadians get robbed. The US/CAN dollars are at 1:1 parity yet you get to pay much more for everything..

It is really stupid. It's a digital download, why is there no price parity, especially considering that normally the US/Canada prices for the titles are identical. But now there's a really awesome sale going on. One that happens to happen a day after I find out my Halo 3 disc doesn't allow me to play Campaign. Yet I don't get to benefit from the sale for some arbitrary reason... I was really looking forward to it, too:

YNsNRDc.png

So dumb :(

Looking through the titles listed over on the gaming side sale thread, they all have price discrepancies seemingly at random. Halo Wars is $15 instead of $10, but Halo 4 is correct at $40. Halo 3, $20 instead of $10, but Bioshock is correct at $5. It makes no sense :( I just want to kill some Scarabs...

Top Bottom