• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Fuchsdh

What are the stipulations on Pulse Nade double kill?

None, just that the grenade itself has to kill them. So things like blowing up a fusion coil or someone teamshotting the enemy are likely to mess you up.

I'd suggest the rush for rockets on Monolith as the perfect opportunity to go for it.

Mix

Majestic maps look fun, I haven't had a chance to play them yet. I've had late rehearsals lately. Theatre can suck at times, anyways, how are they for GAF's outlook? Which is the consensual favorite?

mhi

More Halo Wars coming

Speaking to Polygon in a new interview, Kiki Wolfkill, an executive producer at the studio, said 343 Industries will continue attempting to advance the Halo franchise's main entries – first-person shooters – while also potentially trying some new genres, much like Ensemble Studios did with its real-time strategy "Halo Wars."

"We have started to flesh out broad strokes of a few different arcs that are interesting," she told Polygon. "There could be opportunities where exploring a different game genre makes sense or exploring a different linear format makes sense. If the medium fits what we want to do, then we'll definitely consider it ... if there's a great idea we get energized around."

Wolfkill added that future games in the franchise may feature protagonists besides Master Chief, similar to "Halo 3: ODST" or "Halo: Reach," although she made it clear that "Master Chief is not going away."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/25/4018488/halo-4-343-industries-kiki-wolfkill

It's a wasteland now, maybe for $10 though. Invasion was amazing.

i usually get in games on reach pretty quickly.

if im playing with a party i get in a game in a couple of seconds as opposed to h4 which takes a while. but it's mostly connection matching (i think) in reach so thats probably why

Ghazi

i usually get in games on reach pretty quickly.

if im playing with a party i get in a game in a couple of seconds as opposed to h4 which takes a while. but it's most connection matching in reach so thats probably why

I played for 2 hours last weekend and it took me at least 2 minutes to get into games and most of the people playing were 12 year olds, it was way too easy and boring.

For anyone who has not played it but likes the gears of war universe RAAM's Shadow is on sale for 600 MS points right now. (half price)

Its fantastic DLC with 2 New characters. Barrick the Ex-Strandad Chain Smoking Tank of a man and Valera. It also see's the return of Kim and Tai Kaliso. Its much more like classic gears gameplay aswell its COG v Locust with no Lambent in sight

It also features some pretty great Gameplay as general RAAM who can control kryllstorms

250 Gamescore, 6 new MP characters and a weapon skin set.

I don't normal recommend DLC but i feel i have to with this.

So after discussion with a few people I have removed OS from my map, and added in two needler in both bases. Here is an updated overview and some more screenshots.

Opus2_zps67adcac6.jpg

Halo4-Halo4-2013-02-2703-35-37_zps83ec8cc7.png

Halo4-Halo4-2013-02-2703-35-33_zps56dd51f8.png

Halo4-Halo4-2013-02-2703-35-20_zps6944da30.png

GT SHIFTY time, if you want to download, Map name is Opus.

Ghazi

So after discussion with a few people I have removed OS from my map, and added in two needler in both bases. Here is an updated overview and some more screenshots.

Opus2_zps67adcac6.jpg

Looks nice, is it your file share? Now would be a good time to give the browser search a run and I could play it tomorrow.

I would love for more Halo Wars.

Also, "Master Chief isn't going away" philosophy should have been followed in Spartan Ops.. How badass would it have been to have him show up and kick ass in the CG and as an AI buddy.

Opus2_zps67adcac6.jpg

Looks great, if you need any help playing/testing it I would love to try it out.

I'm probably late, but I did a full round up of posts, and removed the unnecessary ones. So I'll just go through this step by step.

This image right here. This is called singling someone out. Targeting a single person if you will.

Now let's take a look at the bolded texts above. The first one you're complaining that someone specifically pointed you out instead of others. I'm gonna call up my pal, Merriam-Webster. Whine(v)-to complain with or as if with a whine. It seems to me you are whining that you were called out specifically instead of kylej and Tunavi as well. Now let's link the underline in the first quote and here.

Okay. Let's analyze the second bold text. I'll paraphrase: "You want to defend one person, that's okay. But lay your criticism at all who attack, instead of just me."

HOLD THE PHONE EVERYONE. This is the same person who is saying that Kevin Franklin, a singular person, is ruining Halo multiplayer. You even say he was the Halo 4 multiplayer lead. He must be leading an team of none. Unless you're being a hypocrite and failing to acknowledge that others may have contributed to what you feel is a slight to Halo. Nonetheless, it's hilarious that you think you have some god given right to blame a singular person, yet can't take the heat when it's brought upon you.

B3la9zj.gif

Now see this is why we can't have nice things. I leave in peace but some people (irrelevant post chasers) just cannot leave things be. You didn't really have a stake in this, you just quoted and posted gifs. Now when it's over you still drag it on when I thought I extended the olive branch to get back on topic. None the less I feel compelled to respond in full to you, your post quotes and your gifs.

It's coming...

Wait for it...

Oh it's getting good now...

Ready...

I like Halo.

Now see this is why we can't have nice things. I leave in peace but some people (irrelevant post chasers) just cannot leave things be. You didn't really have a stake in this, you just quoted and posted gifs. Now when it's over you still drag it on when I thought I extended the olive branch to get back on topic. None the less I feel compelled to respond in full to you, your post quotes and your gifs.

It's coming...

Wait for it...

Oh it's getting good now...

Ready...

I like Halo.

So that makes it ok to single out Kevin and accuse people of randomly calling you out?

Sai-kun

Banned
just had a lot of fun rolling some folks

whole team and i used ARs and jetpack, or ARs and camo. best games i've ever played

ar for life!!

Where is the best place to preorder?

Best place is at the Microsoft Store since it gives you a free 1600 card.

OR, and this is crazy, we can keep voicing concerns and let them try to fix it and go from here instead of asking for a genuinely nice guy to lose his job.

As awesome as it is to think we're having an impact by voicing our concerns, it doesn't really help squat. Soooooooooo many things people complained about AS A COLLECTIVE FORCE, but Bungie/343 would say things like "vocal minority" etc etc, when IMO this "vocal minority" is a rather decent representation of the Halo community as a whole.

Again, Camo staying an AA in Halo 4 with no option as a powerup for example.

And? First of all again it is happening what he has said, he wasn't the only one who said that the last pages with Kevin, but now of all everyone piles up on him.

To chime in, I've seen multiple people call out Kevin Franklin too around here, so it's kinda funny that ferry is getting the bulk end of this lol.. probably because ferry's seen as prey or expendable by the HaloGAF hivemind!

muahahaa

Journalistic Integrity. Something we could use more of in this country.

Welcome back guy! To be honest, I think I've missed reading your posts a little..

What are the stipulations on Pulse Nade double kill?

I went in with Hologram, Grenadier and Explosives; got it by using two Pulse Grenades so I guess it's glitched.

Defect

Will Waypoint ever be accessible? I try to sign in and it crashes all the time. Goddamn just make the stat tracking like Bnet. Why is that so hard?

It's a shame it took them so long to get online file share stuff up because the game looks gorgeous. I hope people start making some use of it.

How do the screenshots come out online on a scale of Reach to 3?

^Agreed. Its pretty damn shitty they cut it- I understand there probably a 'good' reason, but its still very frustrating.. worse that we weren't given warning.

I hope we at least get Assault back, and 1-sided objective.

It's a shame it took them so long to get online file share stuff up because the game looks gorgeous. I hope people start making some use of it.

How do the screenshots come out online on a scale of Reach to 3?

They aren't at the glorious quality of the Halo 3 screens, but they don't look Reach bad either. Overall they are pretty nice.

AKA- Halo 4.

Monolith is a great map.

Id rate the maps:

1. Skyline
2. Monolith
3. Skyline
4. Landfall

Jetpacks really ruin Landfall IMO. The crates are basically useless cover when the team is packing jetpacks.

On Monolith I think it'd be more interesting if the mancannons didn't take the same path. Maybe one goes to the center and the other goes across the map.

Otherwise I'm enjoying the maps.

Top Bottom